“special thank to miss anna and her staff”

Rising Dragon Estate Hotel
Ranked #72 of 662 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 4, 2013

"My family and I stayed at Rising Dragon Estate Hotel in October. The hotel had excellent customer service with friendly staffs that was very helpful and approachable. We were especially surprised by how well Anna ( receptionist) can speak french. She was helpful as she advised about the great restaurants and attractions around the area as well as giving some historical facts about the place. During the time we stayed at the hotel, every morning, Anna welcomed us by lovely words " Bonjour, comment ca va?" . My daughters liked to play with Anna very much since she is very friendly and likable. Every time we went back to the hotel, we felt like home with the warm welcomes from Anna and her staffs. For me it felt like Anna made the experience memorable for us because if we had any problems, Anna would always try to help us to the best of her ability. We felt that the stay was pleasant because of the great customer service provided from the hotel especially Ms Anna. Hopefully I'll see her again at the hotel when we visit next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 30, 2013

On my first visit to Hanoi and Vietnam I was fortunate to have picked the Rising Dragon Estate Hotel (the sign above the front door also says Serenity Hotel). The hotel is ideally located at the edge of the Old Quarter which is a 'must see' part of Hanoi. It is a short walk to Hoan Kiem Lake and other sights of Hanoi. They can also arrange a trusted cab company for you to take for sightseeing farther afield.

The rooms are clean and comfortable with firm mattresses, in-room safe and small refrigerator. My room on the eighth floor was quiet and had a view towards the Old Quarter. There was a walk-in glassed shower in the bathroom.

Breakfast was provided in the dining area adjacent to the lobby and there was a selection of fresh fruit, beverages, and you could order a number of hot items from the menu as well. On the last day I left very early in the morning and Hough even prepared a light bagged breakfast for me.

The staff are amazing! Hough, Anna, and all the rest of the staff were very friendly and went out of their way to provide information about Hanoi or to deal with any questions or needs. They made you feel like one of the family! They were all very knowledgeable about Hanoi and all the front-desk staff spoke English. Anna can book a tour for you, and the Royal Heritage overnight Cruise to Ha Long Bay she booked for me was excellent. They arranged pickup and dropoff right from the hotel and there was a tour guide present from pickup to dropoff.

The Rising Dragon Estate hotel can provide car service to and from the airport at a very reasonable price, considering it takes about 45 minutes from the airport to Hanoi. The cost is added to your hotel bill so you do not have to pay the driver, who meets you at the arrivals level of the airport.

Thank you Hough, Anna, and the rest of the staff for making my first visit to Hanoi so memorable. I hope to be able to visit again soon!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Wow...if I can recommend any hotel, it's this one...I travelled from Hanoi to ho chi Minh and i can confidently say that is was one of the highlights of my Vietnam experience...so much so that my friends and I are planning another trip to this beautiful country...if the beautiful rooms, which come equipped with air conditioning and panoramic views, to the staff that are the most lovely and wonderful people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, if this is not enough to satisfy all of your needs, then you'd be very hard to please indeed...there's nothing this wonderful staff won't do for you, their only hope is that you experience the best that Vietnam has to offer...Anna and Nguyen you truly are the best and I'm so privileged to meet you as the wonderful and extraordinary people that you are...

If I came away from Vietnam with nothing but the truly beautiful memories of your hospitality and kindness, then I am satisfied.

Thank you so much at the rising dragon estate, especially the gorgeous Anna and chivalrous Nguyen.

You guys are the best of the best.

Kind regards,
Tracey

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Great value for the price. The breakfast was good, the location very convinoent, and the staff took great care of us. They really went above and beyond when we had some issues with a tour. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Hanoi.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2013

It was my first visit to Vietnam and after an exhausting day and flight from Bangkok was hoping that the hotel i had booked into would lend comfort.

On arriving, the initial impression was, did i come to the right hotel?

Soon, that impression was changed because the welcome was effusive and the staff, very welcoming. Here I would like to mention some of them..and others please know that though I do not know your names..or cannot pronounce, my best wishes for you.

Hannah, Anna, Ivy, Koh ( he prepares very nice vietnamese green tea!) and all others. I hope they will all be there when I return.

I have a suggestion however, and that is regarding the breakfast...some more variety is needed.

I hope to again visit Hanoi, and request that the room 504 be permanently be reserved for me whenever I visit..call it Kaushal suite! ha ha

Room Tip: the rooms on higher floor have less noise from the street and a better view from the balcony..howeve...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This particular Hotel as seen from the street suggests much less than it is. It offered the most wonderful staff, people who became my friends, they even took me shopping for dinner on the street side market and then made me a wonderful dinner. The staff was faithful to providing everything they could with courteous kind dispositions. Hanoi is a great city, but it was the experience of interacting with this staff that will keep the best memories of Vietnam.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend just visited this lovely hotel I Hanoi, the service was impeccable and the staff was really friendly and helpful. The staff helped us find the "good" places in Hanoi, and that was even without us asking. Would recommend this hotel to everybody who wants a cheap and excellent base to explore Hanoi from, then this is the place.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple