“Great location & service”

Rising Dragon Estate Hotel
Ranked #76 of 647 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Situated in the old market area - all attractions very accessible - only took between 10 & 15 minutes to walk to most areas. Service at the hotel was wonderful - air-port transfers (made no difference that our plane was 4 hours late) tour bookings arranged, very friendly staff recommending local attractions. Accommodation was great - rooms were very clean & spacious. Have no hesitation in recommending Rising Dragon 111 to any tourist visiting Hanoi.

Room Tip: Deluxe room - very spacious & comfortable
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mags117

Reviewed June 27, 2011

The first night we arrived in Hanoi, Rising Dragon Hotel received us warmly into the hotel. Son, Hotel Manager, speaks well english and was able to accomodate us what we requested. He and the whole staff made us feel like we are in our own home, that's how well they served us. The price of the room was right for us and the room was well taken care of. Breakfast was great and delicious. We requested some cook rice to take with us to SAPA and the staff was able to accommodate us. Also the day we left Hanoi so early in the morning, Son and the rest of the staff were able to provide us with some breakfast. This service is beyond their call of duties and I just want to commend them for that.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I have travelled to many places within Asia Pacific for business and I have stayed from 3-5 Stars hotels over the last 20 years. Since this was the first time I travelled to Hanoi for holiday, I relied on TripAdvisor on where to stay and where to go as I have very little time to read up where to go. If you have an iPhone, go and downloaded the TripAdvisor iPhone app, very useful for me. Plenty of great reviews on “Rising Dragon Hotel” but I thought I better stay in a “newer” hotel, so I skip 1&2 and choose 3.

I never write any review on any hotels I stay, but I am compelled to write as I have been a receiver of the best service ever by any hospitality staffs

My father and I just spent 4 nights at Rising Dragon III Hotel during our first visit to Hanoi, Vietnam from 9-13 June 2011. Booked via Agoda for a standard room at great prices.
The service started 1 day BEFORE the trip, when I called to confirm if my room is in order and if I can have a pickup service. Mr Jung assured me that someone will pick us up from the airport for USD$15. So they did, with my name on a white A4 paper, simple but effective.

We were greeted at the door by Mr Son, the manager. To our surprise, he upgraded us to the suite and it was a great deal. The suite was relatively big. It has a big queen size bed, a balcony, LCD TV (but poor reception signal), an IBM Thinkpad, fridge, safe and a big hall. This is really a godsend as we spend the last 2 days mostly in the hotel room due to the hot weather. I love the reliable WIFI on every level of the building, useful for my iPhone.

Mr Son or Mr Jung would help to explain and handled all the tours around Hanoi for the 2 of us. The prices were reasonable, from USD$26-$35/day/person.

They serve simple, but many choices of breakfast every morning (Inclusive). They cook only once you have requested them. The waitresses and cook were friendly and helpful.
The only reason why I think this is a great hotel is not only the facilities it provides but the people that are serving you. I made friend with virtually all of them for my 5 days stay. The bell boy and the receptions were always mindful on your needs and they always greet you with their true Vietnam custom.

Mr Son and his team are the best I have experienced myself so far.

On our final day to the airport, they arranged a nice and big MPV for us to the airport.
The only complain I have (Nothing to do with the hotel), is the super hot weather with high humidity they have in June!! Singapore is hot but Hanoi is hotter at 34-37c!!

We couldn't rate the hotel more highly and we will definitely return to the same Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Found hotel on Trip Advisor and glad we did! Clean, upgraded, bottle of wine & fresh fruit & lap top as well as a spotless bathroom, kitchen, lounge room,bedroom & balcony helped to make this a really welcoming & comfortable stay, but most of all the STAFF....exceptional. Could not have helped anymore than they did. Answering all our questions, giving us information for local restaurants & places to see, they even placed us back in the same room at the end of our trip....& they were all still smiling & friendly, nothing was a problem. Excellent value for money, thankyou to you all xoxo :)

Room Tip: Loved staying here, staff exceptional.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Morsery
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I stayed here for 4 days with my son. It is in a really good location- I saw someone made the comment about the street turning into a market- that really has no impact on staying at the Rising Dragon- if anything you can walk out of the hotel and buy fruit to take to your room. The staff are really lovely and will go out of their way to help you.I'd probably stay there again, for location and the people. Ideally the rooms are best for couples but we managed just fine.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Pippa953
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I stayed 6 nights at an average of $35 per night. This is a clean modern hotel with very spacious rooms, a/c, lift, etc and a laptop in every room. I was upgraded to a suite for my last 3 nights - the balcony was lovely at night to cool down. The staff are very helpful - they got me a great ticket to the water puppets and a train ticket - no bother at all. The breakfast is varied and plentiful. The only negative is that while you hear NO road noise, you can hear the train as it blows its whistle. I would definitely stay here again if I re-visited Hanoi.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Paul_Wan_Tong
Reviewed May 31, 2011

The staff wants you to feel comfortable! I asked for a quiet room because of my early trip back the next day and this was taken seriously. Breakfast is great, rooms (and the showers) are top!

Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo