“Great tour guide - shame about the boat being painted when we were on it!”

ODC Travel - Private Day Tours
$45.00*
Explore Mai Chau 1 day
Ranked #256 of 854 Tours in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: ODC Travel commenced its operations in Vietnam since 1997 and has been expanding up till now. Since then we have carved out a name for ourselves as a reputable provider of quality tours at affordable prices in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos to travelers throughout the world. Offering tailor-made and luxury tours throughout Vietnam. Vietnam Travel Agency, Tour Operator. We offer the BEST Vietnam Travel and packages with BEST price and services.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We booked with ODC due to good review and very reasonable price for the trip. Nam was our guide and he is fantastic. He is very knowledgeable as a guide and looks after you well. the food is also very plentiful on the boat and of good quality.

A few things on the tour were unfortunate however. Firstly, it seems that everyone on every tour gets taken to an island in the middle of the bay and it is absolutely packed with other tour groups. I don't know why they don't take you somewhere else less crowded. Secondly, our boat was painted when we were on a kayaking trip and we were not warned. We all got paint on our clothes and the boat smelled of paint for the rest of the trip. After we objected to the painting and they apologised, they then started painting it again when we were on another shore excursion. This was a real shame. Thirdly they make you pay for drinking water so take some big bottles with you when you go.

When we complained about the painting to the company in Hanoi they were very apologetic and offered a very small financial compensation. Unfortunately it would have just been a lot better if they took a day to pain the boat properly when there was no one on it.

Nam the tour guide, as i mentioned before, is excellent however.

1  Thank Rory H

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was introduced this company by my friends, who were enjoyed with them to halong bay. Before that, I was so confused for this trip, and after listening some suggestions from my friends, I decided to choose ODC Travel for my trip. From the beginning to the end, for me, that was very good, nice for me. They picked me up in time and very comfortable bus, big bus with only 14 of us. The guide was also very kind and gentle. He take care all of us, we had short brake in middle of the way with very clean toilet, and when we arrive halong bay, we did not have to wait like others tours, we went straight to our boat and check in room, it was amazing when I step in the room, very clean, private toilet and also had air condition. So nice for me. Especially, food was fantastic and so much for me, the boat also had big sundeck and enough space for every one can lie down for sun bathing. After that, I liked so much for kayaking, that was the first time for me, I was so scared for this activity, I went with my guide and then, it was so fun for me. The dinner was brilliant, the activities after that were funs also, and karaoke was nice for every one can make friend and chat. Over all, I just want to say keep up the good work, good services, our tour guide was so nice, knowledgeable and very friend, he told us not only Halong Bay also other things in Vietnam. If you come to travel with ODC, I highly recommend him. Mr Nam. He make your tour more interesting and most important, he was so funny guide, make our group laugh all the time.
One thing I want to suggest for ODC, we really wanted to do more on Cat Ba Island, I would recommend a full day trek option for people who are staying on the island or a long bike ride around the island.
Just one thing I would suggest is pls keep your nature and environment clean. Thanks for all, it was wonderful.

9  Thank Fitzpat84
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This was a great trip and I would recommend a trip to Ha Long Bay for 1 or 2 nights, but beware that it may be cancelled on short notice due to weather.
I would recommend the Paradise Luxury cruise they have nicer vessels , be off course more expensive!

5  Thank splinter49
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We went on the three day tour with one night on the boat and one night on catba island. Minh was our tour guide and he was great, his English was very good and he kept us entertained. On arrival at the boat we were given refreshments and checked in to our rooms. The food on the boat was good, lots of seafood, but definitely enough to keep you going. The kayaking on the first day was very fun.

The second day in the morning was great on the boat, and after we split from the rest of the group who were only there for one night, we kayaked and rode bikes on catba island before lunch. However, there isn't much to do on catba island and as nothing had been arranged for us it was hard to know what to do. I would double check where you are staying as well as our experience of the hotel wasn't great- Hung long harbour hotel.

Overal a great experience! I would recommend this tour to anyone doing the halong bay tour!

5  Thank Hope V
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The trip was well organised, food very good but the best bit was our tour guide Bin. His English was excellent and he was always there when needed but not intrusive .

7  Thank Tobpob52