“Charming and quiet”

Hanoi Eclipse Hotel
Ranked #248 of 600 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Yes! the second hotel when i came to Hanoi because Hanoi Grand Hotel has fully booked.
What can I say - fantastic staff, fantastic accommodations, great restaurant . And, a very central location! this was such a great break from "reality", and we felt so welcomed by the staff and manager - a really nice experience!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank william d

Reviewed December 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the eclipse hotel for 2 nights. The hotel was booked for us through Australian travel agent. The hotel was EXCELLENT. Our room was large and very quiet (room 402) with a large well appointed bath room even with a air dryer. The room had the quietest air conditioner I have ever come across. The hotel had a lift. The service and staff were fabulous. In fact we had booked a deluxe room but through no fault of the staff, it wasn't available (stroppy American tourist wouldn't leave). The manageress really sent out of her way to compensate us. She gave us a superior room which as actually better as bathroom larger and away from street as didn't have balcony so a lot quieter. She also gave me a free trip to airport as compensation so good deal. Breakfast was included and adequate. Hotel in great location right in middle of old a quarter. Just 2 doors down is the green mango restaurant which I've also reviewed and is fabulous. We went there for a few meals. Very relaxing (not cheap). I'd recommend the eclipse hotel. Also very clean.

Room Tip: I'd choose superior room over deluxe as cheaper and quieter. Don't get balcony looking onto...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bea D
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed here with friends.

Rooms were big, with really nice bathrooms, though water pressure was a bit lower on the higher floors.

Staff were fantastic.

Good location on relatively (compared to the rest of old town) quite street.

Room Tip: Lower water pressure on the top floors. Tight twisty staircase, but good elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank tom l
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We was here 17-20 Nov.

the room is new and clean
so comfort

Location is good.
and many delicious food near the hotel.

Free Wifi in the room

All staff is very nice ^___^

ที่พักสบาย ใกล้ทะเลสาป
ห้องสะอาด พนักงานน่ารักใจดี
มีฟรีไวไฟด้วยนะจ้ะ

Thanks To Mr.Jackson
We're really impression.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pattaya_Mee
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed for a total of 5 nights...initially 3 nights then 2 nights after returning from Ha Long Bay.
Good value for money, clean & comfortable accommodation.
Extremely kind, courteous and helpful staff......thank you Jackson!
Upon leaving for Ha Long Bay I realised that I left my towel and expensive sunglasses in the hotel room, upon my return to the Hanoi Eclipse Hotel my belongings were nicely wrapped and waiting for me to collect......that says a lot about the honesty and integrity of the hotel staff.
I highly recommend the Hanoi Eclipse Hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Glenn G
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

After a 14 h flight it was nice to be welcomed to hotel eclipse by its smiling and friendly staff. Our room was fresh and very nice. The hotel is situated in the old quarters of Hanoi and therefore close to many sights and it's easy to get around town. The woman in the reception was very friendly and helped us to book a trip to Halong bay and a train ticket to Hué. We stayed for two nights and the breakfast was ok.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Ajornling
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We intended to stay for two nights at the Hanoi Eclipse and found it to be a very pleasant surprise! We extended our stay in Hanoi to five nights, booked a Halong Tour with their help and managed to plan transportation to Ninh Binh. The staff was super friendly and helpful!!!!

Breakfast was freshly made and delicious (both asian and western style).The room was very clean and beautifully furnished.

In total: excellent services and we will definitely come back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple