“NIce”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hong Kong, China
“NIce”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stumbled on this restaurant since it was close to our hotel. At first weren't sure since it looks like a Chinese style restaurant without atmosphere. But once we sat down it was much better.

The Thai host was very welcoming, the food was very good and good sized portions and music was nice. It was peaceful and friendly. Other guests were businessmen and a large well-to-do looking VN family. I think it is more expensive for Vietnamese food in Hanoi, but worth a try if you want a calm place with good food.

Visited August 2013

“Terrible food by Vietnam standards”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

The food we had was poorly cooked, so we ended up with very rubbery cuttlefish and prawns. Really disappointing, I would definitely not go back or recommend it.

The only thing that has helped my review to go to average is because the service was pretty good.

Vienna, Austria
“Business class, high price and quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Have been there with business partners for a seafood dinner. So stay with seafood, this is perfect appearance and tast.
Stuff is very attentative and has good knowledge of english, even understandable, prices are upperclass, but corresponding to quality and service. They have a wide selection of wine, but also that has its cost.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Seafood & Traditional Vietnamese Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Housed in a renovated French-designed villa,San Ho delivers what its appearance indicates, quality and hospitality.
The restaurant is spacious and creates the impression of a magnificent sailing ship. The two levels allows for a more intimate ambiance upstairs, while the live music adds to the local atmosphere.
The superb cusine is a delicate balance between Vietnamese and European with subtle flavours while the service was attentive without being overbearing.

• Visited September 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Overpriced ambiance...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

As with some of the other reviews, this place is not worth the prices charged. We happened by the restaurant while sightseeing and decided we would come back and try it for a nice supper. Unfortunately, I did not read the Tripadvisor reviews until we were at the restaurant. We had plenty of time to read while awaiting our meal...

It should have been a clue that there virtually no other diners at 7 pm on Wednesday night. The neighborhood is very nice with many foreign ambassador residences around. The inside decor is upscale and there was live music (string trio) the night we went.

After being seated, we ordered drinks which were timely. We then ordered several dishes: kimchi, house salad, grilled salmon with lemon, grilled pork chop with BBQ sauce, water spinach with garlic (rau muong xao toi) and grilled eggplant (ca tim). The kimchi was delivered promptly and was positively awful. I'm not a big fan personally but this almost made me gag by the smell. We asked it to be taken away, and surprisingly for Viet Nam, it did not end up on the bill. The rest of our meal came so slowly, I thought they had forgotten us. Our salad never came but likewise wasn't on the bill, which was a shame. The pork chop had a delicious BBQ sauce but was drastically over cooked. The salmon was also way over cooked, but had a good sauce. I ate it because I was hungry, but I've had better cooked fish on a burger king sandwich. The spinach (rau muong) wasn't bad. I would order it again.. The eggplant was simply AMAZING! I like eggplant, but I've never had any this good. I don't think I would return but I might call and order the eggplant as take-out.

I rated the service as three stars because they were slow with our food and forgot my salad. Otherwise, their service was good. They actually brought me COLD beers in a timely manner, and their tableside service was great! They gently portioned out our food and were quick to dispatch used plates and silverware.

If the management can fix some of their issues, this place has promise. If the meats hadn't been over cooked, it might have saved this review. They have so many positive attributes. I simply couldn't recommend anyone else going unless they make some changes.