Royal Gate Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
Tam Hotel(Hanoi)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2012

i have stayed at a few places in Hanoi now over the years but this time I found a great place close to everything. The lake park which is one of my favorite walks at night is only minutes away and they use their parks in Hanoi. I had a Delux room and it was clean and quite with all the comfort one needs when all you want to do is relax and enjoy. The service was some of the best I have had in Hanoi, they can help you with what ever your needs are from reservations to guided trips and have all the answers to your request. A pleasure to stay and share some culture their staff is terrific and always on top of things. I would not hesitate to stay there again on my next trip to town. Can fit all your needs even if you just want a room before you move on,but they seem to have all one could look for from business needs to the food they have it. I recomend this Hotel to any one going to Hanoi!! Depending on the view you want I am sure you will find it there.

Room Tip: any of the rooms are great enjoy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank John D D
Reviewed May 6, 2012

All my previous visits to Hanoi have been based in the hustle and bustle of the old quarter, a must for visitors but occasionally overwhelming. Royal Gate Hotel is 10-15 minutes walk north, close to the attractive West Lake. It is a 3 star hotel (in name and price) that provides 4-5 star rooms, cleanliness and service coupled with an excellent breakfast. Desk staff are very helpful and speak good english. The West Lake provides great views and lovely relaxed walks which are not possible in the old quarter.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank stefan m
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I had several trips to Hanoi. Most of time, I stayed at the hotel near Hoan Kiem Lake. At Royal Gate Hotel. it was my first time to stay near West Lake. It's my great impression of it. Everything at the hotel was so appreciable. Then I will come back again with my business partners from Thailand and enjoy a lot of fun with the services.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank thanach
Ms Kate N, Manager at Royal Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2012

Dear Mr Thanach,
On behalf of hotel management and entire hotel staff, I would like to say thanks for your kind rating us on www.tripadvisor.com. I hope to be welcomed you soon again at Royal Gate Hotel. I promise to offer you a great price and of course a great service!
Warmest regards!
Ms Kate
Cell phone: +84 914 666 398

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I’m a Muslim from Malaysia. This is my first time stay at this hotel. I got deluxe room. The room is so nice, clean and tidy. I stay here for 3 nights and very comfortable. The breakfast is good.
This hotel location is good and I just walking about 10mins to Halal Restaurant in Old Quarter. I would say this 3 star hotel come with 4 star service and off course I will tell my friends to stay here if they planning to visit Vietnam.
Thanks to their helpful staff even some are they not fluent speak in English.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank azreen07
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Stayed 2 nights over Christmas in Hanoi.

After reading the review, I wasn't so optimistic about what I am going to find out but had to go ahead anyway as the booking has been made.
1. The reception was friendly and prompt.

2. The bellboy didn't speak too much of English and glad he allowed me to bring my own bag going up (i prefered it that way)

3. The room was good !! (considering the money I paid). The floor was wooden panelled and very clean. No issue of hygeine with the toilet or bed either. It was clean and my room overlook the lake. Saw the review about some room not having a view, which I can vouched that yes, some room are disadvantaged that way as their window looked out from the other side. (the reason I knew that - point 4)

4. One thing peculiar about that hotel is that the doors for the rooms are all opened unless they're occupied by guest - first time I saw this. This gave me the chance to walk into every unoccupied room to take a look.

5. What impressed me the most - One morning I was late for breakfast after it was closed for 30 minutes , which I am unaware of due to me not reading the breakfast coupon carefully. Once i reach the "restaurant", the staff told me it was over but the boss of the restaurant rushed over and promised to make me something to eat. So i was served beef noodle and whatever they had saved from that morning - which I am satisfied. Just need to eating something quick and conveniently before rushing out.

Overall, I see Royal Gate as an undersold hotel. I have stayed in other hotels in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city which cost more. The rooms, decor and eating places at Royal Gate are not as sophisticated as the rest but the price I paid was about 20-50% less than I would get elsewhere. Very much a Value for Money proposition.

Room Tip: Ask for the Lakeview room if possible.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Wilson_Yeo
Mrs Kate N, Manager at Royal Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Dear Mr Wilson Yeo,
My name is Kate. I'm Online Sales Manager of Royal Gate Hotel. On behalf of hotel management and entire hotel staff, I would like to say thank you for your staying and rating us on this site. Your feedback will allow us to improve our services standard. I hope to welcome you back at the hotel soon and I believe that you will enjoy your next staying.
Please feel free to contact directly me by email: sm01@royalgatehotel.com or by phone: +84 914 666 398.
Have a wonderful day!