“Great location in Old Quarter”

Hanoi Legacy Hotel Hoan Kiem
Ranked #122 of 581 Hotels in Hanoi
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Great location in Old Quarter”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We booked 3 rooms with a Groupon deal and we enjoyed our stay here. The great service and friendliness of Mr Vinh and his staffs really made us feel welcomed and they were always eager to help. Location of the hotel in the Old Quarter makes it so convenient to walk around for sightseeing, shopping and eating. The hotel staff provided us with a map of places to eat and see. They even helped to buy a local mobile phone simcard for our use. The rooms were clean and comfortable although we had to change room once as it had a bad smell. The large double beds were comfortable and all the basic in-room amenities worked fine. Although, our rooms had no windows looking out of the building. The Groupon deal had a Halong Bay cruise booked via the hotel as well. The arrangement for transportation and overnight cruise stay all went very well. We had a great time at Halong Bay. Overall, this is a hotel with a great location, value for money and excellent customer service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank doopy81

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Ipoh, Malaysia
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Good service and very personal service..... rooms are clean, free wifi in the room. They even let me play their piano :-)

Hot shower and air conditioned, tour guide even took me for a night out and recommended some cool night spots. we had a great time!!!!!!!!!

highly recommended

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Gua_Seow
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed in here from 13 to 18 June 2013 and it was a fantastic experience. The staff is friendly and helpful. The tour desk guy by the name of Vinh provided great assistance to book the tour we wanted.

What really amazed us is the bed size. We booked a deluxe room and requested a double bed. Their definition of double bed is magnificent. We were given double-queen-size bed. It was actually enough for 4 adults to sleep comfortably.

Another wonder we experienced is the lovely speed of the Wi-Fi. I have stayed in many hotel and mostly the speed is either crawling or as good as non-existent. During our stay, we constantly logged into Internet with a breeze. My wife, being a fanatic facebooker, uploaded all pictures to her profiles without any problem at all.

Its location, right in the middle of Old Quarter, makes it even more comfortable. We didn't take any taxi when we wandered around Old Quarter. We didn't feel tired when we walked exploring each corner of the Old Quarter as the hotel was close to all good restaurants, cafe, Hoak Kiem lake, etc. Beter still it is a stone-throw away to Chaca Le Vuong, the restaurant with the best grilled fish I ever tasted.

To wrap up, all this is available with only US$35/night. REALLY UNBELIEVABLE!!!.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Richsi
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We was at this hotel 7th Jun till 10th , hotel staffs very warmness and helpfulness. My friends celebration birthday for me 1st night we arrival Hanoi. Hotel staffs very helpful to help me friends to managed my birthday cake the restaurant. Very surprising me and I feel very touching and loving.
They provided us as per our requested cool air cond and comfortable bed. Last day we departure earlier flight , they pack away the lovely sandwich and bread to us, very appreciated their caring.
We all feel good and happy for this hotel , they treat us very hospitality.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Callie7868
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Beginning of Mar’13, I’m seeking for hotels within Old Quarter.Received replies form hotels. We planned to book rooms at least 4 or maybe to 10. With prompt reply, good customer service, reasonable pricing, Ah Hung Hotel stand out among others. Thank you Mr.Vinh for assist me on various matters, he helped to clear my doubts during the travel planning before departure. When we arrived at airport, we saw a guy holding big cardboard with my name, he was hotel appointed driver. He sent us to hotel, fee charge into hotel bill, no worry. Warm welcome with cold drinks, it is sunny day, we feel enjoyable to have cold drinks! There was a set of welcome tea in room. We felt so sweet! When we needed Taxi,staff helped us to call, and informed the driver where the locations were. When we return to hotel, happy smile and warm welcome, we felt we are in a lovely family. One day, we took Taxi return to Hotel,we enjoying the sightseeing when Taxi approaching to hotel,the staff in blue uniform knock and wave to stop the Taxi, he recognized our faces, we arrived hotel, haha! :)

Room Tip: There are Deluxe City View Room in each floor, if you like to see city view,you may choose these. Th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jns388
Toowoomba
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

After five weeks of hard going in India I was so relieved to have a lovely hotel room to stay in where I could recharge my batteries. An Hung Hotel was everything I needed - a comfortable bed with crisp sheets, a shower with lots of hot water, a big screen TV, fast in room wifi, and a working air conditioner. All the western comforts we take for granted at home...
I paid $30 per night which included breakfast. The staff were wonderful. I needed to purchase a new USB adaptor otherwise my iPad and camera were going to be useless. They made some calls, located what I needed, called a taxi and told me what the fare should be. All sorted within an hour, I can't thank them enough!
They were all very pleasant and breakfast is a small buffet, cereal, fruit, toast, hot dishes. The hotel was immaculately clean and quiet, even though it is located in the Old Quarter.
I returned from Sapa at 5.30am in the morning. The doors were unlocked and I had my key for an early checkin ($15), also very much appreciated.
Would I stay here again - definately!

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank AquaQld
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We was at this hotel on 1June till 5June2013 .The staff gave us like home treatment unable to forget their warmness and helpfulness .As per our earlier choose we requested the room no 701 .They provided us as per our request with comfortable bed and A/C .Make us have a great rest after whole day travel around the busy town in Hanoi .We departure earlier in the morning on 5june 2013 .They still manage to pack away the breakfast for us ...this services i ever had in others hotel before .Really appreciated to all the staff with all care...help and kindness ...Thank You Very Much Bang/Amreli/Vinh for the great services

Tee /Annie /Bee Ling