“Lovely Hotel in the Old Quarter”

Hanoi Legacy Hotel Hoan Kiem
Ranked #127 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi
Kristiansand, Norway
“Lovely Hotel in the Old Quarter”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

If you're visiting Hanoi, and you would like to stay in the Old Quarter, you probably can't beat the An Hung Hotel. The rooms are clean, the breakfast is a big perk, and the staff are very kind and helpful. I stayed there for twelve days (on and off) with a group of college students from Norway. It probably wasn't always easy for the staff to deal with us, but they were wonderful nevertheless. I can't say enough about them:

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 1962Stephen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Me and my wife had a wonderful experience at this Hotel located at the Old Quarter.
The rooms are spacious, cozy and clean. The toilet is modern.
The pillows, sheets and bed was terrific for a good night's sleep.
We were humbled with the Front Office Staff's helpfulness and ever ready service. The staff is always smiling and very caring. The Hotel Director assisted us with a staff who showed us where to look for the famous Vietnam coffee and even bargained for us.I was very touched.
Morning breakfast is always a pleasure with bacon,sausages, omlet and traditional delicious noodles.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the lift are quieter. Great location for shopping and dining. Higher floors are qu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wollie_12
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This small hotel in middle of town provide excellent service during my stay from 24/11/2012 to 1/12/2012. When I check out early in the morning at 6.00 am the breakfast buffet is still half hour from opening time, which is 6.30 am. They went to the extend of preparing pack breakfast for two person to be eaten on the journey to the airport, I which to thank them for their excellent service and their friendly staff. Thank you

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank kblowbh
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Guys if your reading this review on Tripadvisor then you’re probably wondering what this hotel was like, so I would like to share my experience. I value the information I have obtained from Trip Advisor in the past and now would like to give something back. Have been lucky enough ( or unlucky enough ) to spend about 45 days in hotels in Australia / Overseas this year alone for holiday & work, this hotel is a stand out for me for many reasons. The hotel has had a complete renovation since I was last there in 2008 although good then it’s even better now. They really have done a fantastic job and should be proud of their efforts ( Prior to the new name, the hotel was actually called Hotel Sunny back in 2008 and due to the name change was quite difficult to find again, but I am really glad I persisted) For a reasonably priced hotel the rooms & day core have improved dramatically since 2008. Now in November 2012 I had the pleasure of staying in a standard room & the deluxe on different occasions both excellent. What in my mind made this hotel a stand out was the staff at the hotel, they went out of their way to ensure that my stay and other guest checked in at the time was exceptional. It didnt matter if you were dealing with someone at reception, the travel desk, the dining room or the cleaning staff everyone made sure that your stay in their hotel was the best it could possibly be. I would stay there again in a heartbeat and was sad to leave this hotel as they made me feel like part of the family and not a guest.
To assist you in your room selection will upload some photos. (1.) Cleanliness of the hotel ( Both the rooms I stayed in were very clean and tidy, there were no marks or stains on any of the linen or scuff marks on any of the walls as you get with some popular hotels due to overuse) (2.) Both showers had adequate hot & cold water pressure they were cleaned thoroughly by the hotel staff daily) (3.) The beds I found very comfortable, they didn’t seem to be two small singles pushed together which was nice & although I am only 175 cm tall I didn’t find my feet hanging over the edge of the bed as I have done in other hotels (4.) Both rooms had a decent air conditioner in them (5) Both rooms had a safe in them to lock up your valuables & also reception offered a place to put your valuables if required which I used at one point with no issue. (6.) The Breakfast selection although slightly leaning towards a western style did have Asian dishes and seemed to change a selection of dishes daily. They had a selection of hot / cold dishes that were constantly replenished. The restaurant where you had breakfast was very clean and the renovations to this room were a vast improvement to Hotel Sunny making it a great place to start the day. (7.) The staff really took pride in their hotel. The staff at reception, the travel desk, security & managers spoke English however not all staff members spoke fluent English but if they couldn’t understand you they very quickly found someone that could. (8.) Even though I was travelling alone the size of the rooms, especially the Deluxe was quite large some rooms in Asia are very small. (9.) I found the location of the hotel very good, however a word of warning to first time travellers to Hanoi & the old Quarter many intersections look the same and it is easy to get lost. I still got a little geographically challenged this time when walking the streets. My suggestion is remember to take the hotel address with you and get to a familiar spot that you will frequent (like the lake) then lash out and take a cyclo home the first time watching carefully which way they turn, even take pictures of intersections if you need if you’re going to try and walk to & from the hotel regularly. After the first time it will be easier. Hopefully this info will help some people with their travel plans.
Chris

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Chrishae
Honolulu
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Three Star hotel with first class service. Excellent breakfast buffet and location in the Old Quarter. Older building that has been completely gutted and renovated to a high standard. Nothing is a problem for the staff, just ask.

Room Tip: Some rooms have no windows, while others face the street - make your choice when booking
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoeBren
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was very impressed with the service I received at this hotel. Well worth the money and wish we could have stayed longer. The room itself was nice and clean. The mattress, bedding and pillows were of great quality. The bathroom is big and the lighting is good so you know what you look like when you get ready. As it was our first time in Hanoi, staff was perfect - friendly, hospitable and attentive. Free Wifi was available and the signal was strong. A must place to stay once you're in Hanoi. From the arrival right up to check out, it was simply flawless and wonderful. Excellent service throughout. I have stayed with the best names in the industry and always found something lacking, but here everything was smooth, perfect and pleasant. Great job to Linh and her Team for their warm hospitality and dedication towards service that made a difference on our stay. We will surely be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ella1978
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed in An Hung Hotel in November with my friend. I was amazed and pleased with the quality of the rooms. We had a spa bath and kettle for making coffee which we were excited about.
All the staff were very joyous and helpful with all my queries and i felt very safe and welcomed in this hotel.
There is free wifi which we loved!
It is situated in a fantastic location in the old quater, I was able to walk the whole of the old quarter straight from our hotel which was easier then taking taxi's and cheaper!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, any age for a comfortable and welcoming stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, which was next to the head office so help was always close by :)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends