“Very good personalised service”

South Pacific Travel Day Tour
Ranked #351 of 868 Tours in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: South Pacific Travel is an International Tour Operator licensed since 2002. This business was established by a group of young people who have expert knowledge in the tourism and hospitality industry. We are proud to bring to thousands of travelers, coming from many countries in the world, a variety of services in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia, including package/ tailor-made tours, hotels and transportation arrangements, visa applications and other travel services. Whatever you desire for your holiday, adventure, environment, luxury, history, culture or golf, whatever your travel budget, we are committedto listening to the client, so as to provide the best travel experiences to meet your needs and satisfy your desires. We guarantee that with our experienced team, you will gain understanding and insight of each travel destination. We are genuinely interested in every guest’s holiday satisfaction and enjoyment.
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Had a great trip thanks to this agency - Hihly recommanded.

They organised a great private trip from Hanoi to Ha Long bay including Van and private boat + French speaking tour guide.

Great value for money

southpacificvietnam, Manager at South Pacific Travel Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you very much for your review, we're much appreciated. Wish you nice time and hope to be under your services again soon.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"cruise"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We only had one full day in Hanoi and our hotel staff suggested to take a Halong Bay day tour. We booked directly with the hotel and it turned out that South Pacific Travel was our guide. Our hotel was the last place for pick up and when we reached the bus it was pretty much full. There were five of us and we had to use the folded seat on every row. There was no aisle on the bus and everyone was boxed in, except the few people in the front. Not only it was very uncomfortable, the seating arrangement was very dangerous if an accident occurred. I was cramped on the bus for about 7hrs in total.

Lunch was alright. The guide was friendly but wasn't very talkative. There were two mid-stop at souvenir shops. You may purchase light refreshments there and stretch your legs. Halong Bay was definitely worth the visit, but I wasn't very happy with this company in general.

2  Thank wingwing7

Thank you very much for your review. Please kindly provide further details on date that I can check properly to improve our services.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The trip is awesome- thanks to Ms Mai from South Pacific Travel!
Not only were all special requests treated quickly and professionally - but also the trip is individual and special due to the assistance of Mai!

1  Thank AUMUC

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I knew exactly where I wanted to go and what I wanted to do in and around Hanoi but due to language differences, we needed an agency which can help arrange some of the travel logistics. Of the 10 or so Vietnamese tour agencies that I had contacted for a quotation, South Pacific responded pretty quickly. And most importantly, their rate was the cheapest among the 5 or so which had replied - I even received exorbitant rates that were twice that of what South Pacific had quoted!

As I intended to book some of my own hotels, South Pacific gladly trimmed the excesses and prices accordingly without any complain. Even when I extended my stay, they did not charge me extra for the additional airport transfer. Fully aware that I wasn't going to book any hotel through them, they were more than happy to give recommendations and feedback on my shortlisted hotels.

When the day has come, I honestly was not expecting gold class travel given the price that I had paid. But what a gold class holiday it turned out to be! The private cars assigned to us in Sapa, Hanoi and Ha Long Bay were extremely clean, comfortable and spacious for 2 (a Toyota Altis and a 4WD). Although the drivers could not speak a word of English, it was no trouble at all because the front desk at our destinations could always help with translation. The drivers were always either punctual or early at all times, and never hesitated in helping with our luggage in spite of the heavy rain.

All these would not have happened if it wasn't Snow who took care of every single detail of our holiday. When the typhoon hit inland, I was hesitant about going ahead but Snow assured that weather would hold and it did! Despite being heavily pregnant, she stood out in the street outside the agency waiting to welcome us. A few hours just before our departure from Hanoi, we dropped a bomb on Snow that we want to delay the airport transfer. Most agencies wouldn't have cared less about you, but Snow advised against it as she was worried we might miss our flight (the rebel in me insisted but we still caught our flight back). We are truly impressed with Snow's level of service and her warm disposition which made us very comfortable in engaging her services. I strongly recommend Snow from South Pacific if you are looking for a reliable and affordable holiday in Hanoi.

1  Thank Boy34