Tripadvisor
Hanoi
Open today: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Ha Long Bay tour with La La

Ha Long Bay is a truly special place and weather permitting your trip will almost certainly be a... read more

Reviewed today
Jcg68686868
Steve (Bath, England)

Louis our tour guide was amazing. Very knowledgable, friendly and informative. Also had a great... read more

Reviewed today
Maddyroundtheworld

Recommended experiences in and around Hanoi
from $138.47
from $130.00
from $250.00
from $132.06
4,421 results
All reviews cat ba island halong bay our tour guide rock climbing one night night tour ha long bay tour avoid the crowds surprising cave days nights ti top island lonely planet sapa trekking small group whole group great trip amazing guide
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

As per other reviews, we had a great time with Vega Travel. They are a very organised service, from pickup to a great itinerary. Really liked how they took us to less touristy/busy places as well. Our guide, Taller was informative, professional and accommodating and made sure we all had a great time. The rooms were comfortable enough and the food basic but tasty. My main feedback to the company would be to allow the guide and the crew to eat with us! It was a bit awkward with them sitting behind us, and especially the guide who speaks English.. we would have enjoyed speaking with him over a meal. Drinks are quite expensive on board but still cheaper than home. Overall, we had a great time and would recommend this great company.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

I am an avid traveler and just came home from my 77th country. I usually travel alone, with family and if need be with companies from England. But all had a cookie-cutter type of trip to this country and I was bored reading their itinerary. Vega Travel had designed a private trip for me and a friend with a private guide & driver to the whole country top to bottom. No room for improvement.

I wanted an out of the ordinary type of trip and not typical sightseeing. So we worked out a combo of hiking in the north with the minority people and sleeping in their homes, hiking in the bamboo forest to the rice paddy plateaus, museums that educate you on Vietnam's history and culture, Halong bay, Mekong Delta, etc. They introduced us to all the workshops of the people who are 2nd generation Agent Orange and the effects it had on them from congenital limb loss, skin diseases, loss of vision, oral-facial issues, etc. Yet these wonderful people produce the most beautiful works of art. As a physical therapist myself I so appreciated it that I bought and bought to support them. As well go and get a massage from the blind community and learn how they have completed their coursework equal to ours in the U.S. and their sense of touch is magnificent.

This company provided such a lovely varied and complete holiday with superb guides to educate you, make sure you could find typical delicious dinners on your own and were always available to you 24/7. They were sweet, kind and generous with their time and energy. You will not be disappointed on any level. Vega Travel is family owned and so you receive personal attention and care; not like BIG BOX companies that we are all used to.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed January 18, 2020

Vega travel were amazing from start to finish. I booked for 3 days and 2 nights and had requested to spend an extra day in Cat Ba which they easily accommodated. The itinerary for the cruise itself was perfect! We explored Bai Tu long bay which was less busier than the other bays. We also managed to cycle, hike and kayak on Cat Ba therefore I was never bored at any point. I went as a solo traveller however everyone on the cruise was super friendly; there was a mix of families, couples and friends. It's not a HUGE boat therefore is perfect way to meet new people and not feel overwhelmed. The boat was very clean and the crew were also super friendly especially the bartender (FYI they have a buy one get one free for happy hour - sooooo good). Duy who was our guide was hilarious! He came up with the most entertaining comments and stories and was super helpful and informative throughout. Also, being a vegetarian I was super wary, however the food that Vega provided was excellent! The chef went above and beyond; I was spoilt for choice during my time on the cruise. I would highly recommend Vega to anyone travelling to Ha Long!

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed January 18, 2020

Very well organised and enjoyable tour of Halong bay! We were collected at our hotel by Bobby and had a very comfortable bus journey to Halong bay! There is a stop about 2 hours in! We were very quickly on the boat, with no delays anywhere! We cruised for a while before having lunch and kayaking! Vega make the effort to bring you to the quieter parts of Halong bay! We really didn’t experience the tourist crowds you read about! Lovely food! Drink is a bit expensive on board, that’s my only criticism! Because we were going to Sapa the night we got back, Vega let us store our bags and offered showers while we waited for our bus to Sapa! Great company!

Reviewed January 12, 2020

We just finished up the 3D/2N Halong cruise (vega boat 1st night and UniCharm boat 2nd night). The tour is great, best part is that they organise it so you are pretty much at the busy sites before anyone else. So kayaking without other tourists around, caves without influx of tourists etc. Vega boat is OK, I would say 2 star at best. Food is good but boat is pretty old. But if you want a bit more luxury stay on UniCharm (owned by vega) for both nights. We did 2nd night on that boat and it was amazing. Lan Ha Bay far more beautiful than Halong and not busy at all!!

To be honest, you won't be able to tell difference between Halong, Bai Tu Long and Lan Ha Bay. Same same.