Tripadvisor
Hanoi
Open today: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Brilliant Boat Tour - 3 days and 2 nights

We went on the three days and two nights tour of Ha Long bay - it was just so good!Our tour guide... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
sandymL5251FU
Great time, amazing guide

Had a great time. Very well timed and organised trip. The food on the boat was delicious. The guide... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
mohandN2020
Sutton, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Hanoi
from $138.47
from $130.00
from $132.06
from $250.00
4,418 results
All reviews cat ba island halong bay our tour guide rock climbing one night night tour ha long bay tour avoid the crowds surprising cave days nights ti top island lonely planet sapa trekking small group whole group great trip amazing guide
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

I am an avid traveler and just came home from my 77th country. I usually travel alone, with family and if need be with companies from England. But all had a cookie-cutter type of trip to this country and I was bored reading their itinerary. Vega Travel had designed a private trip for me and a friend with a private guide & driver to the whole country top to bottom. No room for improvement.

I wanted an out of the ordinary type of trip and not typical sightseeing. So we worked out a combo of hiking in the north with the minority people and sleeping in their homes, hiking in the bamboo forest to the rice paddy plateaus, museums that educate you on Vietnam's history and culture, Halong bay, Mekong Delta, etc. They introduced us to all the workshops of the people who are 2nd generation Agent Orange and the effects it had on them from congenital limb loss, skin diseases, loss of vision, oral-facial issues, etc. Yet these wonderful people produce the most beautiful works of art. As a physical therapist myself I so appreciated it that I bought and bought to support them. As well go and get a massage from the blind community and learn how they have completed their coursework equal to ours in the U.S. and their sense of touch is magnificent.

This company provided such a lovely varied and complete holiday with superb guides to educate you, make sure you could find typical delicious dinners on your own and were always available to you 24/7. They were sweet, kind and generous with their time and energy. You will not be disappointed on any level. Vega Travel is family owned and so you receive personal attention and care; not like BIG BOX companies that we are all used to.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed January 18, 2020

Vega travel were amazing from start to finish. I booked for 3 days and 2 nights and had requested to spend an extra day in Cat Ba which they easily accommodated. The itinerary for the cruise itself was perfect! We explored Bai Tu long bay which was less busier than the other bays. We also managed to cycle, hike and kayak on Cat Ba therefore I was never bored at any point. I went as a solo traveller however everyone on the cruise was super friendly; there was a mix of families, couples and friends. It's not a HUGE boat therefore is perfect way to meet new people and not feel overwhelmed. The boat was very clean and the crew were also super friendly especially the bartender (FYI they have a buy one get one free for happy hour - sooooo good). Duy who was our guide was hilarious! He came up with the most entertaining comments and stories and was super helpful and informative throughout. Also, being a vegetarian I was super wary, however the food that Vega provided was excellent! The chef went above and beyond; I was spoilt for choice during my time on the cruise. I would highly recommend Vega to anyone travelling to Ha Long!

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed January 18, 2020

Very well organised and enjoyable tour of Halong bay! We were collected at our hotel by Bobby and had a very comfortable bus journey to Halong bay! There is a stop about 2 hours in! We were very quickly on the boat, with no delays anywhere! We cruised for a while before having lunch and kayaking! Vega make the effort to bring you to the quieter parts of Halong bay! We really didn’t experience the tourist crowds you read about! Lovely food! Drink is a bit expensive on board, that’s my only criticism! Because we were going to Sapa the night we got back, Vega let us store our bags and offered showers while we waited for our bus to Sapa! Great company!

Reviewed January 12, 2020

We just finished up the 3D/2N Halong cruise (vega boat 1st night and UniCharm boat 2nd night). The tour is great, best part is that they organise it so you are pretty much at the busy sites before anyone else. So kayaking without other tourists around, caves without influx of tourists etc. Vega boat is OK, I would say 2 star at best. Food is good but boat is pretty old. But if you want a bit more luxury stay on UniCharm (owned by vega) for both nights. We did 2nd night on that boat and it was amazing. Lan Ha Bay far more beautiful than Halong and not busy at all!!

To be honest, you won't be able to tell difference between Halong, Bai Tu Long and Lan Ha Bay. Same same.

Reviewed January 11, 2020

We did the one night cruise with our amazing guide Thang (Victor) and had a blast. Even though the weather was cold and overcast ( Thang told us he stayed up the night before praying for sun...but to no avail) we had an amazing trip. From trivia for beer on the ride down, to the massive dance party we decided to throw ourselves on the boat at night by pairing a phone with their speaker... All 11 of us had a blast. ( Well, until the one other boat in our bay called and told us to keep it down haaaa)

It's amazing to be out in an area of the bay all by yourselves when all the other boats are moored together, and to kayak in a cove where you don't see another soul. The stories Thang told us definitely kept things interesting as well...must be his dragon blood ;)

If you're trying to decide which tour to take....Vega, Vega, Vega!!!!! It's not the nicest looking boat in the bay, but it's got the best crew and you won't forget the experience!