Open today: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Anna H
London, United Kingdom
via mobile

2,504 results
All reviews cat ba island halong bay our tour guide rock climbing one night ha long bay tour surprising cave deluxe room ti top island night tour sapa trekking days nights titop island avoid the crowds small group great trip lonely planet
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

I did the Halong Bay trip through Vega Travel and had a wonderful time, even as a solo traveler. Everything was well taken care of and everyone had a great time relaxing and enjoying the trip. The itinerary is great and takes you away from a lot of the tourists. Food was great, room was clean and nice and boat crew very nice and hard working. Our guide Duy/Peter was very helpful with me getting to Hue after the trip, he made sure everybody was safe and was having fun during the trip and he is very funny. He has a lot of knowledge and was great at explaining things. I would recommend this trip and Vega Travel to anyone.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Had a brilliant time on this tour - our guide Tiger was so energetic and really looked after us, and always kept us to the packed schedule! The group was so friendly with a mix of couples and solo travellers which was perfect for me as a solo traveller. The night on the boat was such a cool experience and the hotel on Cat Ba was also great - right by the bay and lots of restaurants. The meals each day were huge!! There are a million tour operators in Hanoi and it’s hard to know what’s good and what’s not, but I definitely think Vega was good value for money - it’s a trip I won’t forget!

Reviewed yesterday

I did a lot of research about whether to just do the usual Halong Bay cruise on my first trip to Vietnam or whether to visit one of the smaller, less crowded bays nearby. I finally settled on Vega Travel's 3 day / 2 night option and I'm so glad I did. If you have the opportunity to add a second night to your time in the area, I can't recommend doing so enough!

This tour does show you the highlights of Halong Bay just like all the others but the focus is on providing a much more unique experience. Vega Travel's boats drop anchor in secluded bays (i.e. not next to the 24hr party boat crowd), they provide tasty meals, and they pace their itineraries really well.

The specific tour I booked covers Lan Ha Bay and Bai Tu Long Bay as well. My tour group for that second day consisted of three people and our fantastic guide Dem - a lot of other tour companies would not even have bothered going out with three people but these guys were happy to. We saw no other tourist boats for hours. Just beautiful landscape and local fishing boats. Our overnight stay was on Cat Ba Island, where we also did a bike tour and short hike through the forest. All parts of the day on the island (how strenuous the bike ride would be, the timing of meals, a choice between more activities or just relaxing on deck in the afternoon) were well thought-out and executed.

Our guide Dem in particular was excellent. Since we had such a small group, it would have been easy for a guide to be overbearing or feel the need to constantly entertain us. Dem provided lots of information and was always available for questions. But, crucially, he also knew when we just wanted to hang out on deck and do our own thing and he gave us the freedom to do so. This balanced approach is exactly what I am looking for in a guide!

Reviewed yesterday

This 3-day, 2-night cruise with the Most Handsome Guide of Vega Travel, Duc, was the highlight of my trip to Vietnam. In all seriousness, Duc is the guide you want to request. He has extensive knowledge of the area, speaks fantastic English, and is a genuine, funny, and caring guide who wants you to have the most enjoyable experience possible.

The cruise experience was a fantastic way to see the highlights of Halong Bay without dealing with the hordes of selfie-taking tourists. It will involve some early mornings, but that's to ensure you get to experience stuff like Surprise Cave and Ti Top Island before everybody else. As an added bonus, you get to hike, swim, and kayake a bit off the beaten path.

If you like a very reasonably-priced tour of Halong Bay, complete with delicious food and a kickass guide, this Vega Cruise with Duc is the way to go!

1  Thank Ben E
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

We joined Vega tour cruise to Ha Long Bay out of Hanoi. Our guide, Tiger, picked us up at our hotel and gave us a quick overview of the trip. Every step of the way he reminded us of the day's activitues: what we should wear, how long we would be participating in the activity, when we would eat, what we could look forward to. We hiked up to caves, kayaked to peaceful lagoons, swam in the South China Sea, biked to a small village on Cat Ba Island, scrambled up a cliff, walked in the jungle. And we ate deliciously prepared meals on board the sleeping cruise boat. It was a high adventure cruise I will never forget.

Reviewed yesterday

It was a very good tour, apart from visiting most popular areas we were sailing in the bay in less crowded places. Cave seeing, kayaking a bit of climbing and cycling. All in all very good experience. Our tour guide Peter (Duyi, sorry if I spelled it wrong) was very friendly and helpful :)

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Our tour guide Louis is great! We went kayaking on an obscure route that no other tourist groups went and also enjoyed some delicious meals on the ship along with some fun activities that the crew prepared for us. Everyone was friendly and Louis was very informative about many details of Halong Bay and Vietnamese culture in general. We had so much fun!

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

It was an amazing trip! On our way to the boat Duc told us a lot of need-to-knows. He also taught us some Vietnamese words. The boat trip was also amazing. The food was delicious! The rooms were also very good. And the trip was really nice. We did all kind of things like kayaking, swimming, visiting a cave and got some cooking lessons. That was all on the first day. The second day we woke up very early to visit another cave and did some climbing and afterwards swimming. Duc also told us a lot of things about the area and took amazing photos of us.
After the trip he send us the pictures he took of us and a really nice video. That was such a nice surprise! I would def recommend this trip to others!

1  Thank 903mirandam
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

We enjoyed the tour to Ha Long Bay very much! Kayakking, swimming, going up to the viewpoint and stuff like that.

Our tourguide Duc was the best. Funny all the time, told us a lot about Vietnam and he actually taught us some Vietnamese. With his jokes and the games at night he made the group laugh! Afterwards he sent us photos and a self made of the tour.

1  Thank Elvira S
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Did the overnight Halong boat trip with Bobby as the tour guide. Well organised and very good value for money. All of the staff were friendly, helpful and professional. Bobby did a great job explaining everything and his command English is impressive.

Room was basic but clean and in-line with what you would expect for the price. The food however is fantastic. The selection of dishes at each meal was impressive - it felt more like a food tour at times. Also they easily accomodated for vegetarians and vegans.

Halong itself is overrun with tourists. This tour did a good job at avoiding the crowds for the most part which is impressive considering how busy it was.