All reviews free beer free breakfast female dorm mixed dorm halong bay rooftop terrace private room old quarter tam coc night bus rooms are clean enjoyed my stay first stop book tours cat ba couple of nights backpackers
Reviewed January 25, 2015

Haven't had too many amazing hostel experiences in my life, they're usually as efficient around as functional as the prices indicate, but this hostel was different.

Didn't really know what to expect on our first trip to Vietnam, but we were immediately really warmly welcomed by the receptionist who supplied us with maps, information on taxis, and recommended some really nice places to check out.

The rooms are really beautiful, for a hostel this inexpensive, with nice and clean beds and bed spreads. The bathrooms were much cleaner than I've ever experienced in most hostels, and they were cleaned regularly during our brief stay, which was really really nice.

The rooftop bar was lovely, especially for someone new to Vietnam, it was nice to relax and just sort of observe. The happy hour from 6-7 was a great treat, and the hostel management was really friendly and came up and socialized with the guests. Theres a door man present 24/7 which was really helpful and comforting after coming back from nights out. He was also there to assist us when we checked out before dawn to catch an early flight.

Honestly, looking to book a flight back to Vietnam and probably a few more nights in the Hanoi Hostel!

Room tip: stayed on the third floor mixed dorm, closer to the rooftop bar but a climb from the bottom.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank tgicozy
Reviewed January 25, 2015

this hostel was awesome. free wifi, free happy hour from 5-6, a free breakfast (just eggs, coffee, trea, and toast) and they also offer affordable taxi accommodations to and from the airport. the people at the front desk were awesome, very friendly and suuuper helpful. the beds there are very comfortable for a hostel and everything is pretty clean. also the location is perfect, especially if this is your first time in hanoi - its close to shops and walking distance to most of the museums in the old quarter. we booked this hostel on a whim and im glad we chose this place!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Cassidy M
Reviewed January 3, 2015 via mobile

I was there for two nights and it was great. The rooms are clean and decent, and the breakfast is served on a terrace upstairs (no elevator!).
It is pretty much within walking distance of everything, and only 2 blocks away from the local bus station.
There is a great place for egg coffee right across the street!
The staff helped me find my way to a faraway airport and even wrote instructions in vietnamese so people could help me!
I had a great stay there, and hopefully I'll be back!

Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank mpau9126
Reviewed December 23, 2014 via mobile

There is a lack of hygiene in this hostel. They do not change the sheets when the cliente changes. For the price is not that bad and the people are friendly, just becarfull before you buy a train/bus ticket, their commission can be very high, i paid 8 dolares for a train ticket that just cost 4$.

Date of stay: December 2014
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Joao T
HANOIHOSTEL_VN, Manager at Hanoi Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2014

Thank you for taking your time to write a review on our hostel and services. We value all feedback in order to continually improve our services.

Regarding the hygiene issue mentioned in your review, we have always done our utmost to ensure all our beds are changed with clean bed sheets prior before the arrival of new incoming guests. If there is any issue with dirty bed sheet, our guests can always inform to the receptionist on duty so we can do the necessary action.

For the purchase of train tickets and all other services, it is common fair practice of the tourism industry worldwide to charge at a competitive service rate of $4 to $5. However, there are unscrupulous agencies that will charge tourists at a much higher rate, For us, we uphold our business integrity by charging the lowest at a modest service fee of $3-$4. This service is useful for guests who firstly, mostly have the language barrier to communicate their requests in a foreign country, secondly, they do not want to go to the train station and waste their efforts to queue and buy the tickets, which will incur all the unnecessary transport expenses and time that will end up costing you more than $5. Instead, at our valued guests' convenience, one can simply just request if off at our reception and have it delivered right to you in our hostel without hassle.

I hope we have answered and addressed your complaints well. We look forward to serving you soon again.

Reviewed December 2, 2014 via mobile

Very friendly small hostel. Kind staff, very welcoming and friendly. Helped me book my ha long bay trip of 2 nights-definitely recommend! Also have storage to keep your bags whilst you do your trip. Helped book my bus tickets and provided me with lots of info.
Also on an easy road to find the hostel and near to all attractions!
They do free breakfast and beer! Good place to meet travellers!

Date of stay: December 2014