Hanoi Hostel
$110
$106
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel(Hanoi)(Great Value!)
$32
$253
$35
Trip.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree beerfree breakfastrooftop terracehalong baylarge lockersprivate roomold quarterper nighttam cocnight busrooms are cleanfirst stophome away from homeenjoyed my staytea and coffeecouple of nightscentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Perfect location to stay & good value for money. Convenient to explore old quarters within walking distance. WIFI good, helpful staffs. EVEN free breakfast as early as 6am, on our return from SAPA! They do provide a place to keep our baggages while we travel to SAPA.
Candy, the boss can speak excellent english help organized our tours to SAPA, Tam Coc, Perfume Pagoda & Halong Bay with competitive price. We enjoy very much.

Candy give extremely impressive and perform professionally in arranging my passport (which i left in the room) to airport within 1hr(by taxi), just before check in counter switch off the light!

• Stayed: November 2013
5  Thank Jessey1113
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This place was a great find for $5.50 a night! Free bottle of water and free beer from 6-7PM. Free internet and computer use. I stayed in the girls dorm. Clean & quiet. Cleaner bathroom than the others from what I heard. A/C, windows, and balcony. Pharmacy next door. Lots of stairs at this place. Attentive and helpful staff. Friendly guests. Not a party hostel but you won't be lonely either.

Room Tip: The dorms are bunks so specify if you have a preference! Bathrooms in the girls dorm are cleaner than the mixed dorm.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank aussak
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Well, it was my very first time traveling alone in Hanoi which made me pretty skeptical about everything.

However, I had never had that thought again ever since I checked into the hostel. Excellent value for the money. Convenience certified.

Special thanks to Candy who had made this trip so memorable and extraordinary with her 24/7 hospitality. Cheers.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Cisna
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We booked on arrival at the Hang Vai property and were pleased with the clean room, hot shower and excellent wifi speed. Breakfast is a fried egg (we asked for more than one egg and they obliged) with as much sliced bread as you want to toast. Bananas and tea/coffee are always out and free. The "free beer" from 6-7 is at the other property and the beer is served from a large water bottle into very small cups. I felt bad going up there too many times, so if you're like me - don't think you'll be getting your money back in beer during this hour. It was a nice time to socialize and meet other guests.

One negative - they kicked us out. Whatever time check out is - they came to our room at that time and told us to pack up, they had booked our room for today. So we scrambled to get our things together and were back out on the street. This can be avoided if you tell them exactly how long you're staying or reconfirm every night before you decide to stay another day. It was our mistake not to tell the night before we'd like to stay again, but I also suggested they make it clear to guests that they must reconfirm any additional nights in advance (unlike other places where you can stay as long as you want as long as you check out on time that day).

Overall, I would say it's a good place to stay. Customer service isn't a priority and they seemed to resent that we didn't book the Ha Long tour with them.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I would rate 5 stars for the location of this hostel. It is located right in the center of the old town. If you prefer to discover the old Ha Noi by walking this can be one of the best options.
A plus for this hostel is that people can easily book a tour to many places in the north of Vietnam with many information provided by staff here. I would recommend you to go to Sapa if you want to know more about the culture of minority people in Vietnam even nowadays it can be quite commercial and touristic upthere.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends