“Staff make up for a standard hotel”
Review of Hanoi Allura Hotel

Hanoi Allura Hotel
Ranked #482 of 587 Hotels in Hanoi
“Staff make up for a standard hotel”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We were greated by very friendly and welcoming staff upon arival and we checked in to our balcony room.

We were escorted upstairs to our room (no lift just stairs) room looked nice but had small bathroom (not a full size bath), the bed was rock hard and we were told our room had sound proof windows!!!!! Not a chance they were! The beeping coming from the road was consistent and it was almost impossible to sleep, especially with the rock hard bed, also it wasnt a balcony it was a Juliet balcony! But there was no view to see anyway just the busy noisy street, and you defiantly can not see the lake from here!

The following morning we asked to move room and moved to the room opposit away from the road, this room was much quieter but this was only because it had NO windows!!! So it was very dingy, it did have a softer bed though!! It did have an internal window that you could see down to the kitchen area, but this meant food smells and chef chit chat and constant hocking of throat clearing was heard!

I wouldn't stay here again, I would advise on staying just outside of the old quarter that may be quiter!

• Stayed November 2011
AlluraHanoihotel, Manager at Hanoi Allura Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,W
Were very sorry to hear about your not really good experience on your trips and your stay at our hotel. What a pity we could not have information about your travel plans mean we could take care of you at any times and try to ask the best service for you. We have tried our best to care for you, providing information and experiences while traveling in Vietnam, but you still have some bad experiences, about not really good services.

Anyways, we thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. It will be valuable experience for us. We will have to try harder to improve our services quality and our conditions to bring the nicest stay for my guests and your next stay (if you come back to our hotel). We wish to hear the news from you soon and greater is that you will come back to our hotel in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I stayed at Allura hotel for a week before caught a flight to HCMC. The hotel was in a very central position of the Old Quarter. The manager - Mr Tuong - was very fun and helpful. He helped me with attraction in Hanoi and gave me some helpful advices for travelling in Hanoi. Since the hotel located in the center of Old Quarter, I could easily find restaurants and some were great. The room was large enought and clean. The price was reasonalble so I think this hotel is a good value for money. Would stay again and recommend!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank oempia
Redcliffe
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Recently I stayed at the Allura Hotel in Hanoi, immediately after arriving I met the Hotel Manager Tuong or Mr Wall. Tuong is kind and friendly and extremely helpful. He helped me plan an itinerary for the rest of my time in Vietnam and with his guidance I really got the most out of my Vietnamese experience. He got me the best prices with my tours and accomodation and for that I will always be grateful.

The hotel itself was beautiful, for such an affordable price I did not expect such a wonderful room, not to mention an included breakfast which never disappointed. The room was spacious, air condtioned, had full wi-fi and impecably clean. The location was also unbelievable its right in the heart of the Old Quarter. The best restaurants are a stones throw away and the night clubs too. All your shopping can be done nearby and you can almost see the the gorgeous Hoan Kiem Lake from the Hotels reception.

All the staff were very friendly and helpful and my time at the hotel was unbelievable. Meeting the staff and staying there was really a highlight of my trip and I will always make sure to go back there when I return to Vietnam.

Room Tip: Talk to Tuong or Binh, both men are absolute saints.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
9 Thank Jack O
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I stayed this hotel for 3 nights after having bad experience of staying in a hotel at HCM. I was not expecting much of anything from so called "the reasonably cheap" accommodation. However, this Allura hotel was different, made my Hanoi stay better and nicer that I want to come back and stay here again.
The staffs were very helpful as professional and speaks very good English. I had a problem of one day Halong Bay tour which I have previously booked by online. The staff was very supportive from the beginning and I was very fortunate to be able to change and have alternative great tour on the same day!
The room was nicely clean and tidy, though the hotel itself doesn't have a lift (elevator) but it's fine because the staff will help you to carry all your baggage and the hotel building itself is consisting of total of 4th floor tall building that you can easily walk up. The Internet PC available on each room.
Moreover, the breakfast was pretty good that they have western style(bread / egg/ omelet / fruits / vietnamese coffee/ fresh fruit juice) breakfast and vietnamese style that you can choose either way.
It's located the old street/city close and easy access to the lake or the night market.

I would like to come back to stay this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
11 Thank Atsuko K
AlluraHanoihotel, Manager at Hanoi Allura Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Dear Atsuko Kawaguchi,
We are so happy when you come back to Japan with good memories of Vietnam and we proud to be a part of your time. On behalf of Allura hotel, I thank you for your stay, using our service and greater us your review on Tripadvisor.

For us, The most important are providing our guest the best quality of services and how to make the guests enjoyable with their staying. So we were, are and will make every effort how to all guests who come to us will be comfortable, warm and nice memory. Otherwise, to the guest's time in Vietnam to be perfectly, we also give the guest the recommendations, the advices and share our experiences. We are very pleased that after the guests returned to the their country and send back to us a lot of feedbacks. We wish to get more feedbacks and more commends to help us improve our service quality.

Thank you once again, We wish to see you again in Hanoi and have an opportunity to serve you in your next stay.

Nguyen Van Tuong - Mr Wall
Genera Manager of Allura hotel Hanoi.
Kingscote, Australia
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I recently stayed at the allura on three occasions over a month. We landed here by pot luck and an out dated review in lonely planet. When we arived th All the staff made every effort to understand our needs and provide any assitance required. The manager "Mr Wall" became our best friend in Hanoi with advice on anything. He was able to book all our travel needs including trains to Sapa and two completely private tours which he dsigned to meet our needs. Trang in reception is one of the allura's best kept secrets. She is trained in tourism but has taken this job to help improve her english which is not too bad at all. She hosted us on a private tour to visit a small business enterprise (her connection) just outside Hanoi. This was one of the best days we had and a thoroughly worth while experience. Trang will go far as a tourism guide as her nature and desire to help us understand every thing form the business through to lunch withthe fal=mily. I canot over congratulate Ms trang and Mr Wall for making this a wonderful experience.
Our room was comfortable with either a window or balcony to the street. it had aircond, a safe, TV ? and a computer with free internet ( very handy)
I would recomend this hotel and its wonderful staff to anyone.
cheers Mr Jon & Mr Ian

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
9 Thank KispiritsOwner
AlluraHanoi, Manager at Hanoi Allura Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Dear Mr John and Ian,

On behalf of Allura hotel, I would like to say thank you for your stay and using our services and very nice review on tripadvisor. We wish the best to you, to your family and also your business.
That was our pleasure to served you during your stay. We had a chance to serve really friendly people During your stay, we still had some shortcomings in the service and you pointed out to us. That's our experiences to improve our service quality. From your review, we recognized our strengths which we need to continue and develop to give all the guests the memorial time and enjoyable with their stay. I hope in one day you return Vietnam and stay with us.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed August 16, 2011

While the location is good and the room have plenty of space the pros stop quite there. The friendly staff turned out to want something in exchange for their manners. e.x. A certain man from the reception offered to help with the booking of the water puppets as is was exeptionally difficult to find tickets - but he had a friend....He was also quite pushy not to try to book it ourselves. It turned out that it was pretty easy to book your own tickets in better place and better time than his, just by going there.... The room dindt have PC (as promised) and the TV didnt working. Also the safetybox was jamed! Although at some point the did fix them all. The breakfast was not good and was held in a terrrible room by a weird procedure by a young woman who didnt understant english. The cleaner didnt change anything the last day of our staying. Reception girls very polite and quite helpful...

p.s.: Allura hotel is in the same address as the Elegance Hotel, one of the choices of Lonely Planet. I'm sure there are better hotels in the same prices in the area...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TemMisa
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 18, 2011

My wife and I found the Hanoi Allura Hotel via Booking.com travel website. On arrival the friendly staff were more than happy to help us out with tourist information for the city and for Halong Bay and Sapa. We spent 4 nights at the Allura Hotel before heading off on tours to Halong Bay sleep on boat and Sapa trexkking by night train, and the Hotel was great as they gave us, free of charge, a room to use in between and after our tours.
the Hotel Manager (Mr) Tommy Tran very helpfull and police "

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business