“fantastic hanoi experence”

HanoiKids Tour
Ranked #2 of 205 Food & Drink in Hanoi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hanoikids, established in 2006, is known as a student-run organization based in Hanoi, Vietnam. By voluntarily taking city tours for English speaking travellers in Hanoi, we hope to bring travellers from all over the world an insight into our culture, tradition and beautiful sight-seeings. Each member of the club can explore their full potential through cross-cultural experiences and extracurricular activities.
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I got in touch with HanoiKids tour to spend a morning with one of there members on my recent visit to Hanoi. I was greeted by my host promptly at my hotel and we proceeded to tour the Literature Pagoda. It was very interesting to have Hà as a guide because she was able to explain a lot of things about the pagoda that I would have missed if I had visited by myself. Afterwards we went for a coffee in a famous but impossible to find cafe which was a fitting end to a memorable morning. I highly recommend the tour.

8  Thank Brettkronewitter
Write a ReviewReviews (2,017)

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We cannot give our two students enough praise! They made our tour of Hanoi so thorough. We were shocked by their knowledge of facts and figures. Their enthusiasm for their country and the sights around the city is wonderful! We went to the Ho Chi Minh complex and then the museum of literature, both were described and explained brilliantly. Their English is fantastic!
They then showed us how to tackle the side street eateries - thank goodness they were there!
We would recommend HanoiKids to everyone who wished to explore Hanoi!

6  Thank ABal85
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We enjoyed a long morning with Bach from Hanoi Kids on 10th August and had a fantastic time! Bach was great fun and full of useful information on Hanoi and Vietnam. It was really easy to organise and as it was our first day in Vietnam it was a great way to get to know the city. Bach really helped us access the city and get the most from our time in Hanoi. We are a family of four with two children aged 11 and 13 years and would thoroughly recommend organising a HanoiKids tour to all visitors.

7  Thank The_John_Family
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My wife and I booked the HanoiKids tour last week and what an absolute pleasure. We were picked up by our guide Bach who was a fantastic young man. We were amazed by his english, humour and knowledge of Hanoi. We visited the Ethnology museum, Hoa Lo Prison and were treated with an egg coffee which was amazing. He gave us invaluable tips on Hanoi customs and tourists traps. We enjoyed ourselves so much we booked again after our Halong Bay trip. He took us on a Hanoi street food tour which was amazing!!! My kids adored him and so did we. The best tour I have ever done.

6  Thank Melboy3020
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I spent a morning tour with the Hanoikids. We made our booking rather late and they were able to squeeze us in, which we were thankful for. As it was our first morning in Hanoi, we weren't fussed about where we went and we just told them to bring us to a tourist place and spend the remaining time trying out local food.

We ended up heading to the temple of literature where our guides Van Anh and Thao showed us and explained the meaning behind everything we saw, which we wouldn't have picked up if we went there ourselves. After the visit, we went for very refreshing Vietnamese dessert-type drinks. We then headed back towards the Old Quarter and French quarter.

For lunch, they introduced us to Bun Cha which is a must try in Hanoi! This was lovely rice noodles with pork and lots of veges. As we were running short of time on the tour, they highlighted other foodie spots for us to try on our map including places for papaya salad, pillow cake, sticky rice and egg coffee. We managed to find these places over our next few days in Hanoi so they definitely made a lasting impact on our food adventures in Hanoi.

Tip: if you want to show your appreciation to them we'll suggest to bring a gift from your home country for your 2 guides (as they always do it in partners) otherwise any monetary contributions will be given back to the club to provide events for their members.

Highly recommended and we will definitely contact Hanoikids again whenever we return.

6  Thank Jessicaphang

Been to HanoiKids Tour? Share your experiences!