“HanoiKids Rocks”

HanoiKids Tour
Ranked #6 of 216 Food & Drink in Hanoi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hanoikids, established in 2006, is known as a student-run organization based in Hanoi, Vietnam. By voluntarily taking city tours for English speaking travellers in Hanoi, we hope to bring travellers from all over the world an insight into our culture, tradition and beautiful sight-seeings. Each member of the club can explore their full potential through cross-cultural experiences and extracurricular activities.
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My wife and I booked the HanoiKids tour last week and what an absolute pleasure. We were picked up by our guide Bach who was a fantastic young man. We were amazed by his english, humour and knowledge of Hanoi. We visited the Ethnology museum, Hoa Lo Prison and were treated with an egg coffee which was amazing. He gave us invaluable tips on Hanoi customs and tourists traps. We enjoyed ourselves so much we booked again after our Halong Bay trip. He took us on a Hanoi street food tour which was amazing!!! My kids adored him and so did we. The best tour I have ever done.

6  Thank Melboy3020
Write a ReviewReviews (2,105)
All reviews
in 25 reviews
"hotel lobby"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I spent a morning tour with the Hanoikids. We made our booking rather late and they were able to squeeze us in, which we were thankful for. As it was our first morning in Hanoi, we weren't fussed about where we went and we just told them to bring us to a tourist place and spend the remaining time trying out local food.

We ended up heading to the temple of literature where our guides Van Anh and Thao showed us and explained the meaning behind everything we saw, which we wouldn't have picked up if we went there ourselves. After the visit, we went for very refreshing Vietnamese dessert-type drinks. We then headed back towards the Old Quarter and French quarter.

For lunch, they introduced us to Bun Cha which is a must try in Hanoi! This was lovely rice noodles with pork and lots of veges. As we were running short of time on the tour, they highlighted other foodie spots for us to try on our map including places for papaya salad, pillow cake, sticky rice and egg coffee. We managed to find these places over our next few days in Hanoi so they definitely made a lasting impact on our food adventures in Hanoi.

Tip: if you want to show your appreciation to them we'll suggest to bring a gift from your home country for your 2 guides (as they always do it in partners) otherwise any monetary contributions will be given back to the club to provide events for their members.

Highly recommended and we will definitely contact Hanoikids again whenever we return.

6  Thank Jessicaphang
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had never visited Vietnam before and we found it a very interesting country.
The tour with Trang and Quynhhoa was more than a simple guided visit to the city:it was a peak into Vietnamese lifestyle and habits ( which is exactly what I wanted).
The girls were,without a doubt, also very prepared about the history of the country , the different cultural sites and, impeccable as shopping advisers :) .
They patiently answered to all my curiosities about Vietnamese/ Hanoi life. I loved the experience!!
By the way,they both spoke perfect English!!
A big thank you to Trang and Quynhhoa!

6  Thank Lup13_13
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I spent a morning with two of the Hanoi kids. They arrived on time at our hotel and were very polite and friendly. They showed us around and were flexible to what we had wanted to do. I was going to bring an English magazine or book as a gift but I completely forgot to pick anything up and wish I had of done as I felt a little guilty about not being able to give them anything. We did however pay for lunch which was the least we could do as a thank you as they had gave up a free morning out of their busy university studies! I'd highly recommend this.

5  Thank holl237