“best hanoi experience!”

HanoiKids Tour
Ranked #6 of 216 Food & Drink in Hanoi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hanoikids, established in 2006, is known as a student-run organization based in Hanoi, Vietnam. By voluntarily taking city tours for English speaking travellers in Hanoi, we hope to bring travellers from all over the world an insight into our culture, tradition and beautiful sight-seeings. Each member of the club can explore their full potential through cross-cultural experiences and extracurricular activities.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

All of the guides are very dependable and knowledgeable. My guide mentioned the rigors of making the hanoikids cut. Out of 800 applicants, only a select few are chosen! These guides really know their stuff and really cool people to know. This is a great way to get acclimated to Hanoi in the first few days you are here.

11  Thank scuellar1
Hanoikids, Public Relations Manager at HanoiKids Tour, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear scuellar1
We are happy to hear you liked the tour with us Hanoikids
And yes, it is very competitive to become a Hanoikids member because we select only the most personable candidates so that they are truly a "little ambassador" as our tagline goes.
Thank you so much for your review. It means a great deal to us.
Best regards
Tùng

Write a ReviewReviews (2,105)
All reviews
in 25 reviews
"hotel lobby"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

One of the highlights of our trip and what a wonderful and interesting person to spend the day with. Our guide was Hien who was a university student in her fourth year of study. Her English was superb, and only starting to learn a year before you get to understand the importance in the tours from the perspective of the tour guides who voluntarily do this to improve their language skills. She really made the entire day very enjoyable.
The places we visited were very interesting, managing to see a number of the must see places in Hanoi with a delicious egg coffee when the heat got too much and a great place to have lunch on the recommendation of Hien. Definitely highly recommended as the first thing to arrange for when you arrive in Hanoi the scenery the history and the company of your tour guide are excellent. A very enjoyable day and many many thanks to Hien.

10  Thank Rachaeldean
LePoseidon, Member of Public Relations Department at HanoiKids Tour, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Rachaeldean,
First of all, thank you for your kind review. We are happy to hear you liked the tour. I will definitely pass your good words to Hien
All the best

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had read all these amazing things about Hanoi Kids so 3 of us; my friend, her 22 year old daughter and I signed up. Our first choice of a date was fully booked but it couldn't have worked out better because we ended up in a 9am slot rather than a 2pm slot and we stayed with our guides Van and Anh for 6 hours. I had written some of the things we were interested in but I also wrote "meeting women" because I volunteer for a NGO and was visiting a grantee in Hanoi. Since I wrote that Van and Anh decided to bring us to the orphanage at the Temple. It was a really touching, heartwarming and sad experience. I could write an essay about just this but suffice to say it was very uplifting to see how many volunteers from all over were there to help out with the kids. It was also a holiday at the temple so it was crowded with people and we were invited to eat at the temple. I have been to 90 countries, this was my 2nd trip to Hanoi and it was only 11am and I was just in awe of the day. From there we went to Giang for the egg coffee; fantastic! The place is down a little alley and upstairs. After our egg coffee, we needed to do a few things so Van and Anh helped us. Thank goodness because the place we were going had moved and we probably wouldn't have found it. We then go to the Dong Xuan market which is more of an underground shopping mall but we pick up a few things there. Our last stop is for pho. We have street food and it is delicious. The pho had kumquats and chili so it was spicy enough for us.
I spent some time talking with Anh about the NGO I work with and she is interested in meeting the grantee and possibly volunteering there. What a connection! And did I mention Van and Anh speak excellent English. We gave a generous donation. We loved it.

12  Thank Khaton13
LePoseidon, Member of Public Relations Department at HanoiKids Tour, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Khaton 13
First of all, thank you for your positive review! We are glad to hear you enjoy the day with Hanoikids. We hope our members brought you an insight into Vietnamese people and our diversified culture.
Hanoikids has energetic students who are absolutely interested in NGO so if you need any assist from Vietnam, do not hesitate to contact us.
Regards

Reviewed March 31, 2013

One of the best tour we had in hanoi. As a tourist you always want to discover the local way of life and meet local people,but due to language barrier and limited information we always find ourselves end up in crowded tourist area. This is why we loved Hanoi kid,they are local student who speaks great English,you can ask any questions and they have an answer for it. They do not take this tour as a job,using my guide Hoang's word:" This is not a not a job,it is a nice day out with friends." And we defiantly felt like meeting new friends.During our tour we had few people asking our guide for help,we were so glad we had our guide to explain to us about history of the city and understand their culture.
I would highly recommend to bring them something from your own country,this is a culture exchange experience,the students would also like to learn about your culture as well.we were so glad we brought something from home because our guide brought us present as a memory for Hanoi. What a lovely thought.We probably paid more for the gift than going on an actual tour,but it will be a good memory for them as well. We sincerely thank our guide Vinny and Hoang,they are both very knowldegble and fun.We hope you will come to Australia one day,so we can repay your kindness.

20  Thank Chen W

Dear Chen W
I am more than happy to hear you had wonderful time with our club. And I agree that what our members are doing is not a job. It is just simply a day hanging out with foreign friends to Vietnam.
Thank you so much for having written the review so that we have more "friends" knowing about us
Regard