“Hanoi kids”

HanoiKids Tour
Ranked #7 of 221 Food & Drink in Hanoi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hanoikids, established in 2006, is known as a student-run organization based in Hanoi, Vietnam. By voluntarily taking city tours for English speaking travellers in Hanoi, we hope to bring travellers from all over the world an insight into our culture, tradition and beautiful sight-seeings. Each member of the club can explore their full potential through cross-cultural experiences and extracurricular activities.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

A few days before we left for Vietnam I read a review on Trip Advisor about Hanoi Kids and the walking tours they did in Hanoi. From the moment I emailed them they were so obliging and made every effort to fit us in at very short notice. Our guide Bach, was a very pleasant young man who got on well with our teenage children. It was such a great interaction. Our children were happy to share insight into our culture with Bach and he told us about his life. He took us around the city explaining in depth the history and culture of Vietnam. We went to the mausoleum, the palace, the temple of literature and the prison Hanoi Hilton. He took us to a local cafe where the locals ate and introduced us to Pho and egg coffee! As this is a non profit organisation helping university students better their English I would highly recommend using their services. The guide is free however you pay for him to enter the tourist sites and donations are not expected but are welcome.

10  Thank AnneMarieAndrew
Write a ReviewReviews (2,123)
All reviews
in 25 reviews
"hotel lobby"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Spent a day with Hien and Michael seeing the sights of Hanoi. What a wonderful idea and great way to see a city.
We went to the prison, lunch and the war museum. The two 'kids' were really open and happy to share information about their city, their life and culture.
I loved the connection with locals and they ordered some great food at the place we went for lunch.
A must for Hanoi

10  Thank Brissooze
Reviewed February 13, 2013

When you have no idea how a certain holiday component is going to pan out and the end result exceeds anything you could imagine, you've experienced a winner.
We were found by our University student guides Duong (Sunnie) and Phuong who from the outset made us feel we were in capable hands and not to worry about anything. Their enthusiasm, humour and eagerness to find out more about our lives really was an unexpected surprise but so refreshing.
I had compiled a list of some of the tourist places we wanted to go to as well as a great restaurant, shopping area and a supermarket and after a few minutes of working out the best order/route we were off in our first taxi.
They really were great fun and we learnt so much about Vietnam and Hanoi - make sure you bring a gift from home and take them somewhere special for lunch because they so deserve it.

10  Thank Clifden27
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were met by Kei and Tee, not sure if this is the correct spelling. We visited the West Lake area, which was pleasant, also went and seen the B52 in the pond. The Ho Chi Minh Mausleum, and the Palace. Their knowledge of Hanoi was quite good for 2 young students. We ate at an amazing Bun Cha street food site, and allowed them to ordered for us. This free service is a must when in Hanoi.

9  Thank elaaug
See more reviews
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I travelled to Hanoi by myself and thought it might be nice to have a tour guide to help familiarize me with the city. I actually had two tours - and they were both AWESOME.
Each HK met me at my hotel and were friendly and established what I would like to do for our time together. They were both VERY knowledgeable about Hanoi and Vietnam.
They made great suggestions based on what I like to do in a city.
I feel that because of them, I experienced things that I would not have experienced otherwise. Like yummy chocolate egg drink in the oldest cafe in the old quarter - hidden down a long hallway that I would probably not have found on my own. Or having the best pho in old quarter.
They were a delight and I learned a lot about them - being a young student in Vietnam, and about Vietnam in general.
I HIGHLY recommend them! If you have the time, there's no reason not to book them - it's a no brainer!

14  Thank jabulani26