“Great cooking class”

Old Hanoi Restaurant
Ranked #113 of 2,257 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Great cooking class”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We booked this cooking class through our travel agent Buffalo Tours, and it was the best cooking class we did in Vietnam. Very hands on and it also includes a tour of the local street market.

Visited March 2013

• Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
“Great food”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Loved the food and atmosphere, had great food there. Service not bad as well. Good choices of food. Recommend it to anybody wanting good food.

Visited January 2013
Dayton Ohio
“Greta Dining”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This After a long day of touring, we needed a good meal. We were not disappointed with the Old Hanoi Restaurant.: The setting was great it looked like an old French Villa during the French stay in that city, with , what I suspect, the decor with the period furniture this added to the atmosphere. We had a seven course meal, with the highlight being the rice pancakes with gilled pork and the deep friend prawns. The service was excellent with the grace that I expected. It was a great experience and I would not hesitate to go back at the drop of a hat.

• Visited November 2012
Hong Kong, China
“Potential is there...”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I stopped in to enquire about a cooking class and saw a picture of Gordon Ramsey and was immediately interested. It was also quite cheap @$45 vs. $50-$70 at other places. I decided to have a mid afternoon snack since I just arrived from Halong Bay. I had some sort of sprig rolls which were delicious, but then had some ginger chicken which left much to be desired. I returned the next day for the cooking course. We cooked outside in the gorgeous courtyard and had a wonderful instructor. She was great and very sweet. Our food came out delicious so if we can do it in a few hours the place must be good. Ultimately, I think that your experience will vary and may be determined by who prepares your food. The Gordon Ramsey connection is exaggerated, but I still think its worth a visit and recommend the cooking course 100%

New York City, New York
“Really??? I would not want my name associated with this place!”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

First, we were a group 7 people with a reservation. They seated us in a "private" room where the decoration was all but below average. The chairs were beaten and very uncomfortable and, the room was dirty. It was cold in Hanoi that night and the room had no heating so they tried to bring some comfort with a portable heater. The menus were dirty, stained and breaking down. The food was ok, the famous Gordon Ramsey ribs were not impressive and not good. My friend ordered praws to share, it came it out to be a single prawn! And to top it all, a cat was walking around the room during the entire dinner, and urinated on the floor next to our table. Good thing we were done eating by the time it happened. So why would Gordon have his name associated with this establishment is a mystery for me!

• Visited February 2012