“Awesome place”
Review of New Century Hotel

New Century Hotel
Ranked #236 of 637 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Hey guys..me and my bf stayed there for couple days and then went out of the city for a while and went back there for couple more nights. The hotel is really nice.. the room we stayed in had lots of windows and light enter it..the service was also great and we really appreciated the low rate. The people were very nice and helpful with getting us taxis and helping us get a motorbike to ride around town. :) we definatly recommend them and their services. The hotel is located couple bvlocks away from the center and its right by the lake..love vietnam. :) enjoy your stay here :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank milena d

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I love this hotel for friendly staff and clean rooms. my room came with a street view, it was clean and staff was very helpful. breakfast is included but simple, so I opted to hit the street for pho. only trouble was airport pick up... my flight was about hour late and the driver didn't wait fit me. a nightmare at eleven pm at night! I ended up taking taxi to the hotel. the hotel was very apologetic and the rest of the stay went very well. I took three day tour to haling bay booked at the front desk, that was reasonable and enjoyable too. overall, great value and highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. At the time, was offered $30 for a double bed which I thought was great value... even though many hotels in Vietnam do offer such great value.

The room was reasonably large with a computer inside the room. Free wifi is also available in the room. The ceiling was inspired by French decor though some parts had peeling paint.

Breakfast was pretty basic, but for $30 a night, I'm not complaining. Toast, jam, egg and coffee are enough for me!

Like the other hotels in the area, you can also ask the helpful staff to arrange tours for you. I had them arrange our Ha Long Bay tour and ended up getting one-way airport transfers for free.

Location-wise, there's both a good and bad side to it. Being situated in the Old Quarter means that many of the sights are just within walking distance and there are a lot of shops just downstairs. However, this also means - like other reviewers have pointed out - that it can get pretty noisy right from early morning onwards. Your best bet is to choose a room facing the backside. Our room was on a high floor and facing the road -- I wasn't too bothered by the noise.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel. It may not be the lap of luxury, but for $30 a night, the value is definitely there!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ACChua
Reviewed February 22, 2012

great hotel, great location, great staff, great value for money
recommended a very good travel package to halong bay 2days/1night
everything is GREAT! ;)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wanderlust_iya
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Just stayed at The New Century hotel on 12b Hang Manh St Hanoi.

The previous reviews and photos are confusing until you realise there is a New Century Hotel in the Old Quarter that is being refurbished and the one I stayed at used to be called The Corner Hotel. The names still on the key ring.

Pros: not expensive,good location, large rooms with balcony/external window, flat screen TV, pleasant staff

Cons: typical Old Quater traffic noise from about 06:30 there are only five or six rooms at the front on the relatively busy street,steep narrow stairs no lift,no room safe just a tin cash box in cupboard, typical Asian wet room type shower, I stayed in two rooms and did not see a bath.

There was no computer in either of the rooms I stayed in but there is "Hit and miss" WiFi.
Also there is no means to lock your door from the inside? No button lock and no chain. This didn't bother me much but it will some!

I don't know if the New Century will move back after the builders are done but be aware of the change before booking as you might not get what you were expecting.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Oftenlost
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stayed 4 nights in this hotel located in the ''Old town'' of Hanoi. The room was clean and spacious and thanks to the helpful staff. We could enjoy a nice city tour and an excellent 2 day's trip on a junk in Halong Bay (Marguerite). If it is your first time in Hanoi we highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Bohput
Reviewed November 23, 2011

The hotel is located at the Old Quarter, so you just need to go downstairs and you will feel you´re in the heart of the city - lots of shops, food stands.. We walked to all main tourist attractions - Hoam Kiem Lake, Ho Chi Minh Mausolem, Temple of Literature.
Although we had to ask them to change our bed sheets again(which they did without complaining and right away) I still think it´s a good place to stay and good value for the money.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple