“joma bakery”

Ranked #2 of 30 Bakeries in Hanoi
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Western style bakery cafe serving premium arabica coffee, along with breakfast, bagels, bakery, sandwiches, salads, cakes and homemade ice cream. Everything is made fresh daily in our own bakery using fresh and natural ingredients.
Athabasca, Canada
“joma bakery”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

found this wonderful little bakery in Luong Probang, Laos. What a wonderful place to chill out and have a coffee and use the wifi when looking for lodging. Found the bakery also in Hanoi. On arriving to Hanoi we were dropped off somewhere in the old quarter and not quite knowing which way we were to go we started walking. to our most pleasant surprise we came across the Joma Baker Sign. What a sense of relief to see such a familiar sign. The Joma Bakery is a place to kick back, chill out and just enjoy the wonderful atmosphere of the place and have a latte, iced coffee, banana loaf. It just helped to melt the stress away and we were able to get our bearrings before we headed back out in the hectic city of Hanoi to find lodging.
Highly, highly recommend the Joma Bakery to anyone wanting to step out of the hectic business of the city and just chill out by yourself or visit with a friend(s).

Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Brisbane, Australia
“Fantastic taste of home”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Joma is the first place in Vietnam that I was able to get a decent coffee. While the western style foodis a little more expensive it is wonderful, particularly if you're feeling a little homesick or unadventurous and the staff are friendly while the cafe has ample seating, wifi and an upbeat atmosphere.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Squaregarden
Seattle, Washington
“Solving the roasting process”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

These guys have solved the roasting process and make really fresh, flavorful and nuanced coffee. They also make some really good fresh pasteries. It all comes with great service and of course a bit higher price than street coffee, but well in line with other shops selling upmarket brews. Look around inside as the seating area extends to the back with an outside portion and another room for internet use. A great place for coffee.

• Visited April 2013
Manila, Philippines
“I Have Never Eaten So Well!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had the Tuna Melt (priced at 75,000 VND where USD1.00 = 20,000 VND) and Iced Coffee (50,000 VND) on my first visit. The Tuna Melt is as good as everyone says. This is an open faced sandwich topped with a generous serving of cheese. They will remove certain garnishes upon your request. Well, I had the tomatoes removed. The Iced Coffee is not as strong as the traditional Vietnamese coffee which worked for me because I've been drinking Vietnamese coffee and finding it difficult to sleep. :)

For takeaway, I tried a bunch of their stuff such as Brownies (30,000VND), Apple & Oatmeal Muffin (30,000 VND) and Chocolate Chip Cookie (20,000 VND). The brownies are better heated. They can do this for you. The muffin's taste was predictable but filling nevertheless. The cookie is crisp and fresh.

Had I discovered this place sooner, I would probably stay here all the time. The cafe has a lot of seating both outdoor and indoor. You just have to go out back. I've read a book during my stay but I saw some people on their smartphones/ laptops so the place most likely had a good WIFI connection.

Two thumbs up! :)

• Visited April 2013
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Great shop to meet up with friends over a latte”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I love that there is so much seating, in door and outdoor! Also a huge plus for me is that they have a soy milk option for their drinks. Espresso was not bad but I am still looking for the best in Hanoi. Joma is a good option!

Visited April 2013