“Fantastic taste of home”
Review of Joma Bakery Cafe

Joma Bakery Cafe
Ranked #4 of 94 Dessert in Hanoi
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Western style bakery cafe serving organic arabica coffee along with breakfast, bagels, bakery, sandwiches, salads, cakes and homemade ice cream. Everything is made fresh daily in our own bakery using fresh and natural ingredients.
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Joma is the first place in Vietnam that I was able to get a decent coffee. While the western style foodis a little more expensive it is wonderful, particularly if you're feeling a little homesick or unadventurous and the staff are friendly while the cafe has ample seating, wifi and an upbeat atmosphere.

1  Thank Squaregarden

Reviewed April 16, 2013

These guys have solved the roasting process and make really fresh, flavorful and nuanced coffee. They also make some really good fresh pasteries. It all comes with great service and of course a bit higher price than street coffee, but well in line with other shops selling upmarket brews. Look around inside as the seating area extends to the back with an outside portion and another room for internet use. A great place for coffee.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had the Tuna Melt (priced at 75,000 VND where USD1.00 = 20,000 VND) and Iced Coffee (50,000 VND) on my first visit. The Tuna Melt is as good as everyone says. This is an open faced sandwich topped with a generous serving of cheese. They will remove certain garnishes upon your request. Well, I had the tomatoes removed. The Iced Coffee is not as strong as the traditional Vietnamese coffee which worked for me because I've been drinking Vietnamese coffee and finding it difficult to sleep. :)

For takeaway, I tried a bunch of their stuff such as Brownies (30,000VND), Apple & Oatmeal Muffin (30,000 VND) and Chocolate Chip Cookie (20,000 VND). The brownies are better heated. They can do this for you. The muffin's taste was predictable but filling nevertheless. The cookie is crisp and fresh.

Had I discovered this place sooner, I would probably stay here all the time. The cafe has a lot of seating both outdoor and indoor. You just have to go out back. I've read a book during my stay but I saw some people on their smartphones/ laptops so the place most likely had a good WIFI connection.

Two thumbs up! :)

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I love that there is so much seating, in door and outdoor! Also a huge plus for me is that they have a soy milk option for their drinks. Espresso was not bad but I am still looking for the best in Hanoi. Joma is a good option!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I usually come here for their tuna melt and hot cocoa. Their western dishes remind me of the days when I was living in America. Grilled cheese on whole grain tuna melt smells so good in the morning. It's definitely one of the best breakfast.
PS: I heard that other dishes are also good. I'm just love tuna melt so much that I don't want to try anything else.