Hidden Charm Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 13, 2011

My oldest daughter & i travelled to Hanoi for 3 nights in this hotel. We booked directly through the hotel after good reviews on TA. Arranged with the hotel to pick us up from the airport for a cost of $17 by private car, this worked great. The hotel is in a quite side street, where you can come back to a little oasis of calm compared to the organic chaos of the streets. Staff are ready to please & the level of service is good. Rooms are just as they are in the website photos, the included breakfast is adequate for what you expect from a $ 56 a night hotel. I also booked a Ha Long bay 2 day 1 night cruise with the hotel , which got us picked from the hotel & dropped directly to the tour people at the bay & back to the hotel for another night stay at 5.30 pm ish. Train tickets to Sapa were booked thru the Hidden Charm as well. A 2 berth sleeper on the Livi train express, although in hind sight would have booked out a whole 4 berth sleeper for the 2 of us as space for luggage is limited .The staff at the hotel took us to the train station and helped check us in to the train as this would have been difficult to do without a vietnamse speaker there.

When we get back to hanoi as we are still in Sapa as I write this we have the option of going back to the Hidden Charm for a shower & the transfer to the airport with them. The better rooms are the ones at the back of the hotel as these are the quietest.

All up i would stray there again.

Cheers

WW

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank willeywipeout
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Hidden Charm is not some 5* western/hong kong standard hotel, BUT it is a super little hotel for the price and central location. The staff are friendly and helpful and really want to make it a good stay. Some spoke very good English especially the girl who books tours. A couple of staff didn't speak much English but we still had fun with them and they taught us some Vietnamese words. We had two different rooms as we stayed here before and after a Ha Long trip (they stored our suitcases for free) and both rooms were nicely decorated, large with very big beds and big showers. We didn't have a problem with hot water. We did have water not draining down the shower plug in the first room but we told reception, and after some miming to explain the issue, they repaired it quickly. There wasn't much choice at breakfast but it all tasted good. They can arrange pick up from Hanoi Airport. One word of advice, take a Google map with you - we got lost a few times using the hotel map as Au Trieu is a small side street that isn't marked - if you get lost, head for the cathedral.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoJo123go
Reviewed February 4, 2011

We travelled with two youhg adult children (21 & 19) and a 7 year old. The rooms were great size, really well appointed. We stayed a couple of nights before heading off to Halong bay and then returned back to Hidden Charm for another night. The location was fantasitc - close enough to the action of the old quarter but not noisy. Great to explore the area on foot. Staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great, very small and intimate dinning - terrific chicken Pho for breakfast with beut omelettes and little pancakes cooked to order. Free wifi worked well and a computer was available down stairs. Would definately recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank FamilyTripper68
Reviewed January 27, 2011

Landing in Hanoi after a long train ride makes the hotel stopover really important. I had a temporary room which was really nice (as I had seen on their web site but the next morning I had to move to another room which was what I had booked. Only problem was that it was substantially different to the pictures on the web site. Now the staff were very nice in explaining to me that the rooms have different styles for each type but that didn’t help me. However, they did offer me a reduced rate and free transfer to the airport which came in handy.
The room was quite spacious and the bathroom large and very clean. It didn’t have a bath tub but had a fully enclosed massage shower which was quite nice (came with 2 moulded in seats). Breakfast was in a small area downstairs and had only a few items. The room came with wi fi but I always had problems with it dropping out on my Iphone. Wasn’t sure if it was my phone or the hotel. One problem I did find was that as my room was on the top floor, there seemed to be compressor above my room in the roof that tended to cut in and out at night making a good night’s sleep for light travellers like me difficult.
The hotel is very close to all the walking areas of Hanoi and the small lake. A wonderful selection of good restaurants and cheap eating places balances the needs of most travellers. Walking around reminded me of the small roads in Paris and it does have a European feel to it. A much nicer city than Ho Chi Minh.
Hanoi is a launching point for tours to Halong Bay and Sapa, which I unfortunately did not have time for. But, walking around for the day gave me a good view of many places including Ho Chi Minh’s tomb. Overall, I spent 2 days but found this just a tad short to see more of the surrounding areas. The staff at Hidden Charm are very friendly and apart from the misleading pictures of the room, quite a good place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2011

I usually don’t post reviews for hotels….but after staying at the “Hidden Charm” for a few days last month I wanted to take a minute to thank the staff for a wonderful experience!

The hotel is perfectly located and the rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. And the staff is fantastic…they are, knowledgeable, warm, friendly and extremely helpful. I wish we had more than just a week to spend in Vietnam…but the staff helped us organize our trip so we could really maximize our trip to Vietnam.

Looking forward to coming back to Hanoi and staying at the Hidden Charm!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple