Ciao Cafe
Ranked #1,812 of 2,474 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: European, Vietnamese
Description: This is a very beautil restaurant with high ceilings, beautiful drapes, aubergine walls, varous styles of period European furniture...an eclectic mixture of styles that really works. The food is both Vietnamese and western. Downstairs is more like a cafe with fabulous desserts. Staff are very classy. The only fault is the horrible smoking at tables which doesnt happen in Australia any more. I't is a great restaurant not far from the Lake in Hanoi.
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Ciao café is a safe / good / safe / clean friendly place. The food is pretty good, not incredible but just as an average café. It has free wifi and plugs for laptops - a good starbucks substitute, with fruit juice instead of coffee. I go there very often.
Can get a little busy. The music is a little annoying, but then again, this is Vietnam (they seem to love Abba and 90s film original soundtracks).

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Don't understand bad reviews. Some food Ok, some fantastic, people great. Good wifi - cheap, clean and cheerful. Good western coffee if Vietnamese coffee not your thing.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I been there 2 or 3times,but just I like the city view :)) not city view the traffic.because this cafe view to cross road. :) I ordered cheese hamburger and blended juice and my bf took coffee latte.but my hamburger look very poor and the taste was very very normal,I can do better :)) and my bf coffee just a bit ( 1/3 coffee cup) :)) and the taste was suck too.and look like somebody left the coffee back and they gave for us :)) lol my bf did not want to drink it . And the price is not expensive with foreigners but with vietnamese ppl we wont pay for this suck things with that price.Terrible and never come back again.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stay away!! We stopped in after a day of shopping in the Old Quarter for a quick dinner only to see roaches crawling across the floor beneath our feet!!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had been to the cinema around the corner and were after a late (9;00 p.m.) night meal that was not too expensive. as this was also near our hotel we decided to give it a go.
We had a chef's special and nasi goreng and a creme caramel. Both came with soup of the day. The soup was vegetale and served cold. We could not drink it. The serves were large. the chef special came with pper sauce beef, spicy pork and chicken satay - the stay sauce was in a side bowl. The flavours of it and the nasi goreng were ok but not anything special. The crem caramel was soft and as it should be but the caramel sauce had been burnt and thus was a little bitter.
at 280000 dng with two cokes the price was not excessive. It was ok but not good enough to get us to return.

Been to Ciao Cafe? Share your experiences!