“Not bad for the price”

Little Hanoi Hotel 3
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Little Hanoi Hotel 3
Ranked #109 of 591 Hanoi B&B and Inns
“Not bad for the price”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I think some of the reviews here are a little harsh. When I arrived in Hanoi I'd booked at another hotel (paid with card) but they told me they were full. I checked out about another 10 hotels/hostels around the church area. They were all quite similar. Little Hanoi is a bit run down but for a massive, private, en-suite room, for 25USD it's as I would expect. Both people on reception here were lovely. Although don't give them your laundry, when it came back it was just as dirty as it went. Certainly had not been washed, just folded nicely into little piles!!!!

• Stayed December 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We booked 2 nights for 27 USD. First evening the lady (Ms Hue) was extremly friendly. There is no breakfast available. Room was fine, very small windows though.

Next morning all of a sudden our room was booked by 'an important guest', and the staff went through all our unpacked luggage and packed it themselves while we were out, without asking!! She booked us into a hotel closeby (which was nice), but then she said she never said the room was 27 USD and wanted to charge us more!

When I became irritated the 'nice' lady became very very ugly and started ranting and screaming that she hoped I would become very successful in my life with those few dollars etc etc... Very bad experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Old, bad maintained, air-conditioning not functioning, cold water, dark (even with lights on), only one person speaking english but usually not on place when needed, rest of staff can't communicate at all. Everything leaking in bathroom including WC, very bad smell in the room. Left my laundry, at the time when it was supposed to be ready found that it was not touched, had to wash it myself in the night as was leaving in the morning. It shouldn't cost more than 3$ for such bad conditions and (lack of) service. You can easily find much much better room in lower price.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank banan15
Beijing
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The rooms are great for the price, excellent value for money.

But then there's the staff. The main receptionist (a young vietnamese woman) seemed lovely when we first arrived but then turned into a generally awful person. She was persistently rude, laughed several times in our faces when we said we couldn't afford their very over-priced tours. We are also certain that she directed the taxi driver to drive out of his way to the airport as there was some bizarre transaction between her and the taxi driver when we got in the taxi.

We did laundry at the hotel and it came back dirty and damp. It hadn't been washed in warm water and hadn't been washed with detergent.

Avoid this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed May 10, 2012

My experience of this place could not be more different from the review below. I have recommended it to every other foreigner I know living in Vietnam! I know the management changed around 6 months ago and it has been renovated since then. The new owner has set very high standards.

It is my favourite place to stay for so many reasons; the location is perfect, the rooms are large, cosy and tastefully decorated, and it is excellent value ($25-$35). The thing that keeps me coming back, though, is the warm welcome and excellent service from Hoa, the lovely owner. Nothing is too much trouble for her to organise and she offers excellent advice on shopping and what to do in Hanoi. With only 5 rooms it feels more like a guesthouse and the service is very personal.

Room Tip: Rooms 401 and 501 have beautiful views of the cathedral. The stairs are quite steep though, so I wou...