“Fantastic visit to Mai Chau”
Review of Mai Chau Day Trek

Private Tour: Day Tour of Mai Chau from Hanoi
Ranked #4 of 29 Fun & Games in Hanoi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A truly travel mate of every holiday-makers for adventure tours to Mai Chau, Vietnam. Mai Chau Trek offers great tours to the valley of Mai Chau and surrounding region, fully providing information on where to visit, place to stay, useful guides and an insight look to the traditional culture of ethnic people in Mai Chau.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had been in Mai Chau, it is an awesome time I have ever had, and stayed in a stilt house, it is wonderful journey in my life. Mai Chau is really rich culture area with spectacular nature. The ride was a bit long but it was interesting seeing the change from packed city to countryside. The entire staff - the guides, the cooks, were very friendly and helpful and always smiling. A funny place with great local food. Besides, the local people are very friendly with me, they treated me like i was apart of their family, make me never forget that time.

5  Thank vanessa s
in 10 reviews
in 2 reviews
in 2 reviews

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Everything was good, and we had a jolly good time...Hao the guide was pleasant company and very informative. Hien, the local guide, was also a good cook for us. Loved the vegetables! The weather was very warm but we managed through it all. We found the accommodation very manageable and clean. Thank you so much for a good time and great itinerary!

2  Thank Andreyholly69
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Bungalows at Village 2 are a great choice. Their bungalows are surprisingly upmarket (especially for the price!) and are a comfortable choice that still have a 'homestay' feel. They have electricity, nice showers, flushing toilets and fans. The bungalows are on stilts and have a verandah, to have drinks on. All the staff were so friendly and helpful - we were really looked after. The food was great too (too much!) and they catered for my vegetarian request. I was genuinely sad to leave and even the cleaners came to the bus to wave us off! :o)

Mai Chau itself is gorgeous and the locals are really friendly - they're so much more chilled than Sapa (their sales pitches in particular)! It was lovely to spend time there, shopping in the villages and cycling around paddy fields.

I booked this trip with a very good tour advisor - Hien at Sinh Cafe on Ngo Huyen, which is just off Ly Coq Su (the road that runs from the right of the cathedral, when you're looking at the cathedral). Take the first lane on Ly Coq Su and Sinh Cafe is the second tourist office. I've looked around and they are very reasonable (my friend booked a very good and reasonable trip to Halong Bay with this Sinh Cafe) and Hien has excellent customer service, is very helpful and speaks good English. I would definitely recommend Hien at Sinh Cafe for Mai Chau and other trips.

Sapa is lovely, but for a one or two night break without the train journey, I'd definitely recommend Mai Chau.

5  Thank Sarah G
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We are adventure lovers and tooked some trekking tour in Vietnam. Our choise for this summer is Mai Chau and Pu Luong. After much research we opted to go with Mai Chau trek. What a great choice they turned out to be!

They really went above and beyond what we had expected and gave us many wonderful memories that will last a lifetime. We found their services excellent and the prices very reasonable. We had so much fun with them, and will continue to do so whenever we are in Vietnam.

We were really impress by the nature of Pu Luong. From the lady at the homestay to the naked boys who walking on the road in such a hot summer day, thay are all friendly, really authentic.

2  Thank Boss_Mike23