“First time Vietnam”
Review of Art Hotel

Art Hotel
Ranked #60 of 437 Specialty Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed February 28, 2011

It was the first time I came to Vietnam so I booked well in advance. I also booked the airport and I am lucky that I did so because the chaos in the city is terrible.
However i got picked up by the hotelsdriver. as it turned out and arrived at Art Hotel 40 minutes later.
Everything went as smoothly as the airport pickup. Check in was quick and painless, then I was shown to my room. I had booked a room in the back which was fine but I really wanted to see the other rooms as well and ended up liking one of the room in front better. This wasnt a problem at all, lucky me the hotel wasnt fully booked at the time. I stayed in Hanoi for six days, then went on some tours while leaving my luggage at Art Hotel. You can buy the tours with them but they might be more epensive than through a travel agency,
But I met many people who told me of their problems a long the way and all of my trous went smoothly, so I think paying more has paid off in the long run.
Let me just say that this is a wonderful hotel, which dedicated staff and very comfortable rooms. I would stay here again.
Best regard,

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed February 27, 2011

A little pricier than some budget hotels in Hanoi but the hospitality you receive, amenities in the room and ample breakfast's make it worth every penny. Rooms were clean & super modern, with flat screens, cable, hot pots, hot water, blow dryer, fridge and comfy beds. The staff always received us with a smile and were willing to do anything to make our stay comfortable. It was honestly the best customer service we've received in Vietnam. We would highly recommend staying here and will be staying here ourselves in the future.

2  Thank gennyandadam
Reviewed February 16, 2011

The Art Hotel is lovely - decorated in pale colours it is modern and tastefully furnished. There's a nice breakfast area on the ground floor close to reception and on the lower ground floor there are several computers with printer and a left-luggage area. Staff welcome new guests with a drink while they make the room ready and they are polished and courteous. I didn't sleep too well due to some building work next door (which was out of the hotel's control) but the manager offered to let me use the room all next day after check out as I wasn't catching the train to Sa Pa until 8 pm. They went out of their way to apologise to me and make it up to me - I was really impressed with how considerate and professional they were. When I left for the train station they called a taxi for me and negotiated a good fixed price and took the number of the taxi for safety purposes. I would most definitely recommend this hotel and cannot fault the rooms or service in any way. Not quite on a par with the Elegance chain of hotels in Hanoi, but very close, and fantastic value for money.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Ruth093
Reviewed February 15, 2011

I have nothing but rave things to say about this hotel. The staff went above and beyond to insure that our stay was perfect, escorting us to the train station for our journey to Sapa, even. They always had smiles on their faces and were extremely professional.

The rooms were very clean, comfortable, and had everything you'd need to feel at home (safe, hair dryer, toiletries, glassed-in shower, free WiFi, breakfast included) and all for $30! The airport transfer is $16 one way, but I felt that this was perfectly reasonable since it is almost equivalent to what you would pay a taxi. I know this because on our first night our pick-up driver was a taxi and he turned on his meter when he left the airport and sure enough, right around $16.

We also did a package tour booked through the hotel. The package was a 3d/2n Halong Bay trip aboard the Phoenix Junk and then one night stay at the hotel. The ship was perfect, food excellent, and it even had a huge upper deck! All transfers were smooth and professional.

This hotel is brand new so I was surprised that it was so high up on the Trip Advisor list. Give it a try!

1  Thank audjie504
Reviewed February 15, 2011

We stayed at the Art Hotel during the Tet holidays, and were very impressed by the courtesy of staff and the amenities that were provided for the price we paid.

Firstly, Chris, Ms. Lan and other staff members were very helpful with arranging our pickup from the airport. All email enquiries were replied to promptly. Art Hotel staff were genuinely happy to help with any travel related questions we had.

Rooms were spotless, showers had running hot water, wireless internet, and cable TV. The hotel is very, very clean. Complimentary breakfast was included in our stay.

The Art Hotel is centrally located within walking distance to many major sites and shops in Hanoi. I highly recommend the Art Hotel!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Booked this hotel because of all the positive reviews on this site, and it was fine for our one night stay, but there was a mixup over our airport pickup which resulted in a two hour wait at the airport - not ideal when we arrived close to midnight and had to be back at the airport at 10am the following day. The staff were apologetic but still charged us the full $16 fare even though we had to share a car with another couple who were also being picked up by the hotel's drivers. I'm sure they were charged the full fare too.
The bed was also very firm (though we slept fine on it), and there were ants in our shower, but overall the hotel is clean and spruce, and the breakfast service is good. I would consider staying there again.

5  Thank sicjm
Art_hotel_Hanoi_GM, General Manager at Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2011

Dear all valuable customers and Readers,

Firstly, we would like to send our best thanks for your support so far to Art hotel Hanoi. It is our great honor to be of your all service.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that have caused during your stay at our hotel and thank you for your comments on our hotel service & facilities. Though it is the first time to hear that matter, we fully realize the problems happened once with your transportation and room services. Be informed that several rectified actions are expediting immediately as:

1. Replace the hotel driver even his reason for sharing transfer that is Tet holiday so it's very busy for car organized and we are going to buy one new car to complement for 02 van already running. We are committed bring the best service for all our customers. This work shall be completed within the next 5 days as the on-site inspection had been done and our order already been made to the manufacturer.

2. Replace all the shower system and request the company bactericidal for refreshing all hotel rooms. This work shall be completed in 5 days by our technical team.

We believe that such above measures will effectively work and further ensure you a pleasant stay here.
We are once again sorry for the inconvenience. We thank you all for your kind understanding and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you in Vietnam.

Your sincerely,

Chris- Art hotel General Manager.

Reviewed January 28, 2011

The Manager 'Chris' was very helpful and took very good care of me. In fact, all the staff were great. Clean, comfortable bed, good breakfast, it's a brand new hotel and a welcome respite from the frenetic pace of Hanoi. My room overlooked the street and I slept with no problem at all. It's a great hotel at a great price.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo