“Outstanding service from warm, welcoming staff”
Review of Art Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Art Hotel
Ranked #54 of 422 Specialty Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed January 21, 2011

We felt very safe and comfortable in this wonderful hotel. We arranged with the hotel to be met at the airport, which I feel is essential in Hanoi, and for $16 were delivered to the hotel safely to begin our stay. The staff are incredibly friendly and also professional. They have high standards in service and presentation, better than some much more expensive hotels we have stayed at. Communication is no problem as staff are very flunt at English.The hotel has been refurbished and is as new. Our room was at the front and there was no noise when the windows were closed. I found the bed too hard but that's a personal thing, others would like that. Breakfast was great. Fresh fruit, watermelon juice, eggs, crunchy baguettes, banana pancakes .......yum! Chris can organise any tours you want and we did a one day tour to Halong Bay, around $35 each, 16 people, beautiful lunch on board the boat, a very enjoyable day. He was very accommodating. I was a bit anxious as we had had a terrible, crowded trip to the DMZ earlier in our holiday and I was anxious about numbers and comfort. I had also read of other very rushed "touristy" trips. He coped with my "anxiety" and assured me the trip would be everything I wanted and it was. It may have cost a few dollars more than at some other places but really $35 for a day like that was amazing value for money. We also had bad experiences with Jetstar, wouldn't deal with them again, and the hotel organised alternative plane tickets for us, which were delivered to the hotel. We walked everywhere from the hotel which is great as taxis are not something you want to have to deal with in Hanoi. There are no restaurants in the same street but the staff directed us to places to eat. The Green Mango is a very modern classy restaurant and was expensive by Vietnamese standards, $60 for two, but we had a wonderful meal and several drinks as well!!!!! We were near the end of our holiday and it was a nice change from all the cheap eats we had been enjoying.The other was a Vietnamese restaurant which had a huge variety of food and was very cheap. Sorry can't recall name, Ngon ......? We ate there a couple of times. A walk from the hotel but we enjoyed the sight seeing. Make sure you understand the directions clearly before you set out.We never felt unsafe on the streets. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel, especially for anyone who is concerned about all the stories you hear about problems travellers experience. The Art Hotel is a truly safe haven in a bustling city where you can be assured the staff will do their utmost to make your holiday as perfect as possible.

2  Thank hols2go55

Reviewed January 19, 2011

Just a great hotel, with a great location at a very affordable price. All the staff are 5*, very friendly and very customer service orientated. I would come back in the future and will recommend it highly. Wifi was quick and very reliable, and breakfast very good. Thank you for making my stay so beautiful!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Loved this hotel. For a very reasonable price we got a spacious, clean room + breakfast. They also offered a welcome drink on arrival. The hotel can book your Halong Bay trip as well. We found it a bit pricey as they price it higher since they take a cut so we went outside and booked through a travel agency for a lot cheaper. In hindsight we should have went with the hotel cause you get what you pay for. They also arranged taxis for us to the airport and kept our bags while we were in halong for a couple days. They have computers downstairs and can print out anything you like free of charge. The only thing I would point out is that some rooms have a real shower and other have the kind where the show is not enclosed and right next to the toilet. We got the later during our second stay so I complained and they changed the room for us.

1  Thank klovable
Reviewed January 16, 2011

This is my second stay at the Art Hotel in Hanoi. Chris and the team are fantastic. My wife and I were coming back from Sapa arriving at 5.45am via train. Chris arranged for one of the staff to be there to meet us and escort us back to the hotel, excellent service that would be more at home in a 5 star hotel.

This time i stayed at the front of the hotel for the first time, I personally would recommend the back of the hotel which also has an elevator. Keep in mind however that at the back there are only very small windows (but this suits me fine).

All of the staff are excellent, friendly and really work to ensure that your stay is a pleasant one. Good staff, a welcome drink on arrival and an good breakfast available I will be back.

For the price and location, I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Stay here and you will enjoy!

1  Thank Addisongreen
Reviewed January 10, 2011

Newly opened Art Hotel is a cozy place to stay close to old quarters. its a very good bread & breakfast place. Since I booked it online from India, on arrival I was a bit disappointed to see the size of their building.. but once I was taken to my room, it was just RIGHT! A nice big(longish) room with a private good-sized balcony was just prefect for 3 of us.

We visited many places and stayed in many hotels and resorts which were bigger and more expensive but these guys won us by their hospitality. They have a set of very warm and helpful staff.

The food was good and hotel was clean.

Few buildings away from here you would find the local theatre building, we saw a very nice play over there.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank monamukherji
Reviewed January 5, 2011

I'm overwhelmed by the kindness, charm and hospitality of the staff at the Art Hotel, especially their excellent service and charming smile - from the bell boy to the manager Chris! My room is beautifully layout, clean and quite spacious. The wireless internet access was fast. Everything that you need from a hotel room is there, even an alarm clock! How thoughtful!! The location is really good for taking a stroll around the city and it was not too quiet to walk back when is late at night. I enjoyed the complimentary delicious breakfast. Fresh fruit platter, Vietnamese noodle with beef and follow by a strong Vietnamese coffee are my favourite. I had a wonderful and relaxing 5 nights at the Art Hotel. Thank you to the staff who has highlighted my first visit to Vietnam. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to visit Hanoi.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 28, 2010

My bf and I stayed at Art Hotel for two nights. The managers greeted us kindly the moment we stepped in. Bellhops were friendly and helpful all the time. Staff was hospitable and welcomed us to Hanoi with suggestions on where to go around the Old Quarter. Rooms were as clean as how the photos and other reviewers described. Our room was very quiet and a comfortable place to unwind at night. Kettle and tea was available along with complimentary water.

We also booked a Halong Bay tour with them and they were helpful in getting us organized with the van pickup and safe luggage storage while we were away. We also stayed with them after for one night when we returned from Halong Bay. We had no problems with booking another good room. We left very early in the morning before 5am to catch our flight out of Hanoi. The staff was friendly and readily available to help us get out the door in time.

I would definitely recommend Art Hotel to anyone staying in Hanoi if you want a dependable and hospitable place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple