We arrived about 10:30 am after a ridiculously early morning flight from BKK. We were greeted by Lan with a beautiful smile and wonderful English. She said our rooms were not quite ready yet and we said we'd have breakfast while we waited. After breakfast she explained that the 2 family suite rooms we had reserved were not available due to some water system problems. But she assured us that those rooms would be available on our return from Halong Bay and then again on our return from Hoi An. The staff couldn't be friendlier or more accommodating. They even went out to get SIMS cards for the 2 of us and to buy some Coca Cola Light for me.
The breakast food has plentiful choices and the food is very good.
While the rooms we had were a bit small, they were very tastefully furnished and clean. We spent the 2 nights of August 8 & 9 on our first stay. We returned for the night of August 11 and got the 2 Family Suite Rooms as originally booked.
When we returned for our last night on the 17th, they still had a water system problem with one of the Family Suite Rooms, so we had 1 of those and a regular room. But they were very kind about the situation, sitting down with us to explain the problem.
Given the fact that we only had a Family Suite Room 3 of the 8 times they were reserved, I was disappointed that they charged us for the breakfast the first morning we had to wait for our rooms. I think it would have been appropriate to not have charged us.
3 slight problems were:
1. The housekeeping staff were inconsistent in leaving a bath mat;
2. Some rooms have safes and some don't - regardless of price of room;
3. Room 501 (a Family Suite Room) was very difficult to cool down on the last night and it wasn't until 1:30 am that it became cool enough to sleep comfortably.
I would definitely stay there again and I do highly recommend the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hanoi Art Hotel Hanoi.We are team of young, professional and enthusiastic staff who are old hands at the hotel industry in Hanoi. Our desire is to give you a real home on your road: Cozy, warm and familiar, everything you want and need is available at your fingertips.How about our boutique hotel? Offering a sanctuary of comfort while on the road, Hanoi Art Hotel Hanoi is a 30 rooms cozy hotel is located in Hanoi's historic Old Quarter. With 4 different room types and a warm friendly environment with plenty of charm, chic design, modern comfort and modern facilities.All 35 rooms offer a genuine experience of sophistication with "Hanoi Art Hotel Hanoi My Bed",European amenities, LCD television, complimentary in-room wireless internet access, daily newspaper, fully-stocked mini-bar and nightly turn down service. ... more less