“Very very friendly”

Hanoi Blue Sky Hotel
Ranked #154 of 606 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed October 29, 2013

When we arrived at the Blue Sky Hotel in croudy Hanoi, we had a warm welcome from the staff of the Blue Sky Hotel. We arrived in the early morning, but we immediately got a room. It was a room at the fifth floor, so we had a nice workout everyday, because they don't have an elevator. The staff was very friendly and helped us with everything. Places we needed to see, places were we could eat and booked tours, taxi and train tickets. Very helpfull and they were so nice! Absolutely recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank essielechner

Reviewed October 18, 2013

After coming in from Hanoi airport I was disappointed to not get a room despite booking in advance. Moon was very apologetic but said it was out of her hands, someone else had stayed an extra night and I got bumped. This had also happened to another couple I spoke to. I was taken to another hotel nearby for the night. On returning the next day I was given 102 which is just above reception and you can hear everything that is going on down there.
The day after 502 became available and I went up there. A good room for me. The only thing is that the staff use the area above the room and they can be noisy.
I checked out of the hotel to go on a motorbike tour and left some stuff with them. I asked two different staff members to reserve me a room for the date I got back and was assured that this would happen. Low and behold on my return Moon was surprised to see me!! Did I have a room waiting for me? No.
A shame...nice hotel, nice staff but the booking system needs to be sorted out.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank poperock7
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The staff is very friendly, breakfast is modest but enough, and the rooms are descent. We came back to Hanoi again, and booked at the same hotel! We didn't book any tours with the hotel, so we don't know whether they are good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We loved this hotel and stayed there for four nights. It's such a great price for what you get - lovely clean room, air conditioning, breakfast, great staff and excellent location. As it's the old town it's of course a little bit noisy, and we did have a water pump by our room that was pretty loud, but for this price it's totally worth it. Staff were also very friendly. We'd highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: It doesn't have a lift so it'd be worth asking for a floor on the lower levels.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We arrived early and were given breakfast as our room wasn't ready, after 4 hours were moved to a sister hotel 2 doors down. This was fine but we then had to move back to the blue sky the next lunch time. We would have preferred to just stay in one place. The hotel itself is good, the staff were friendly and helpful. Mrs Moon booked a trip to Ha Long bay for us with A class opera that was great, we did the 2nights 3 days trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here very much. The hotel staff were very friendly and professional. Our only problem we did have was that our first night we got stuck in the ground floor room which wasn't all that great and not the cleanest. However the next day they moved us to a much nicer room which was spacious, clean, and reasonably quiet. Breakfast is basic but nice (we had the omelette) and there was always coffee, tea & bananas available. The location was good, most sights within walking distance. If paying in Dong they seem to use a high exchange rate, this wasn't a massive problem as we was only staying a few nights and the room was a great price to begin with.
All in all if returning to Hanoi i would look to return to Hanoi Blue Sky Hotel, good return for your money.

Room Tip: There are no lifts, however the rooms seem nicer the higher you go. Make sure you are not stuck on t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I think that if I really loved to stay in Hanoi is also because my stay in this hotel was great.
It is in the old quarter, really gold emplacement and the staff is really great and nice. They help you to make your trip in the easiest way possible.

• Stayed: September 2013