“Fantastic Accomodation and staff, couldn't ask for more”

Hanoi Blue Sky Hotel
Ranked #129 of 591 Hotels in Hanoi
New York City, New York
“Fantastic Accomodation and staff, couldn't ask for more”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

One of the best-valued places we stayed in Vietnam. Moon is very hospitable, helpful, and speaks great English. We stayed here the night before and after our Halong Bay trip. The first time we had a room facing the back of the hotel- which was huge, had a bathtub (only thing that'd make it perfect would be to have a bathmat for when you get out of the shower as well as a shower curtain maybe so that you don't slip and fall), flat screen tv, a double bed as well as a twin bed, new furniture. We were put in a different room the second time we stayed there for the same price which was smaller and had older furniture (wifi worked everywhere though) so be sure to request a room facing the back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
hanoi
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel for two nights.The room was big and had a really nice bathroom. The beds were compfy and free working wifi in the room. Breakfast was included in the price and you can always find something that suits your taste. The staff is very helpfull and speaks very good English! They provided us with a map and had plenty of suggestions for (local) food, entertainment and activities.

After exploring Internet for a very long time I asked the staff about the excursions they offer to Halong Bay and Sapa.
I have to say that if you consider to do a trip to Halong Bay you really need to know what your wishlist is as there are thousand of options to choose from, if you don't do your research you only make it easy for misunderstanding which could results in a huge disappointment.

The lady was very helpfull and explained everything very well. If she couldnt answer my question directly, she would phone the company for the information which I thought was really nice.
In the end I have booked my Halong Bay trip and my trip to Sapa through the hotel and I have to say they were great!! The excursions I have done were adjusted to my personal preferences and I definitely have had the best value for my money as I discovered throughout my trip as my fellow travellers have paid up to $50 more for exactly the same. I was very happy :D (this counts for Halong Bay aswell as for my trip to Sapa).
While going on the tours I have left my big backpack at the hotel and when I came back they offered me to use the room to take a shower. Also they gave us some food for our bustrip to Hue which they shouldn't have to but they did.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone! The service is great and as I have experienced the staff are there to help you. When I come back to Hanoi I would stay again in this hotel. The excursions I have done were awesome and I am very happy that I did my research as it enabled me to decide what I wanted on a trip. In the end I have had great value for my money!! It's a big plus :D

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Luang Prabang, Laos
Reviewed August 15, 2012

If you want a budget accommodation in a central location surrounded by shops, restaurants and keen motorbike-taxi drivers, than this is the place for you. My room @ $15 was big enough and clean (remember this is a budget hotel). On the fifth floor, despite a tiring climb up the steps, it was reasonably far from noise. Hanoi is a very noisy city! But more so, i want to dedicate the review to the amazing staff at the hotel, who helped me in anything i needed. Always ready, attentive and smiling, they contributed to my enjoyment in this city and surroundings. I suggest leaving all your bookings to them as they can deliver promptly and trustfully. Very honest people indeed!

Room Tip: Somewhere in the higher floor will surely reduce the external traffic noise
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank David M
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We are paying 14$ US a night, for a huge room, with a very nice bathroom, good Wi-Fi, excellent TV Plasma with lots of channels, and a good breakfast included. Moon, the manager, is always smiling, always asking if everything is alright. This is a very quiet hotel, specially in the rooms at the back (no balcony giving on the street, small window, but for avoiding the noise, we prefer it). This is the only place in Vietnam where I was able to fill the bathtub with hot water to the top (everywhere else, after 3 inches of water, the temperature gets cold, so you take a bath in lukewarm or even cold water). The pressure in the shower is excellent. The real adress (August 2012) is 65 Hang Cot, Old Quarter. It is about 10 minutes walk from the Hoan Kiem Lake. We looked at other hotels the first day, but they were all more expensive, with smaller rooms. Again, very good value for your money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Staff are very friendly. Service is perfect, no negative comments on their service at all. Location is near to everywhere: hoan kiem and night market. Price is reasonable and they help to arrange halong/Sapa tours.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank YongEn
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My friend and I were backpacking through Asia and we stayed in Hanoi for 2 nights around our nearby Halong Bay cruise. This is a small, budget hotel that is really great for what it is. I think we paid around $10 pp per night. It's not fancy by any means, but the rooms are decent and the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful (and never ripped us off or scammed us, which is unusual for Vietnam).

The hotel organized our safe and scam-free taxis to and from the Hanoi airport and recommended good restaurants. A simple breakfast is also included with your stay (I had tea, a fried egg and a big, white bun).

My favourite part: they have TLC on cable in the rooms! After a few weeks in Asia I was craving a little North American TV and it was such a delight to find an English channel I loved!

Room Tip: There are no elevators but the hotel is 5 stories (maybe even 6?)...unless you want a workout going...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The Blue Sky Hotel in Hanoi is a very nice hotel, especially in this pricerange. The staff is very friendly without execeptions. We booked a trip to Halong Bay, Sapa and a open bus ticket to Saigon. Other travellers said they paid almost three times as much as we did. The rooms are very big and reasonably clean. You get free breakfast, coffee, wifi, water. When you come back from a trip you get to use a room for having a shower & relax for a few hours. We will definitely stay here again when we are in Hanoi and will recommend it to other travellers we meet on the way. For backpackers it's a nice and cheap break from the usual dorm. When they get rid of the mould that is in some rooms en give it a little paint they can easily ask more for the same room.

Room Tip: You can compare a few rooms and choose the best one.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple