“Nice, cheap hotel, friendly staff”

Hanoi Blue Sky Hotel
Ranked #153 of 605 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed there for 3 nights in april 2012. It's a cheap, basic and nice hostel. Central location, nice staff. Free basic breakfast, AC, TV, bathtub, shower, towles in rooms. We really enjoyed our stay there and would definately come back. We booked a Halong Bay Tour downstairs which turned out to be horrible, so for that you might wanne go somewhere else and book a nice one!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are all the same price... beds differe
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 15, 2012

The hotel seems quite nice at a first glance and more clean many others within the same price range (15 dollars without breakfast). However, several rooms are infused with humidity and you can see stains on the walls and the ceiling (we actually stayed in two different rooms and saw two other rooms). The equipment of the room is too basic, they do not even provide glasses. No kettle or any coffee supplies, no telephone in the room (so if anything happens to you or if you want something, you cannot even call the reception). There is a minibar in the room but there isn't even water in it and it makes a lot of strange noise. Bathroom is really nice though,very clean, with a nice bathtub, recently renovated I think. Many reviews point out that the staff is really friendly (and it's the impression you get at first) but don't be fooled... When we checked out and paid the bill, the receptionist didn't even say goodbye to us and just headed to the back of the hotel like we didn't even existed. I think she guessed we were going to go to another go (though we didn't say anything) but that doesn't allow someone to treat his/her customers like that. Anyway, you can find better hotels within the same price range. Beware: prices vary from client to client

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed here in April 2012. We were initially staying in dorms at the Hanoi Backpackers' but after a Ha Long Bay tour we wanted our own room. It's hard to find a decent priced hotel in Hanoi, but we got a good deal staying here. The staff are so friendly and willing to help whenever they can. Our room was fairly large with a double and a single bed. There was even a new flat-screen TV and a bath with hot water. The beds were a little uncomfortable but very clean and you need ear plugs if your window faces the street as traffic noise can be loud in the morning. They include breakfast as well in the price. The location was good - in the Old Quarter not far from nightlife and a short walk to the lake and main sights. I'd definitely stay here if I came back to Hanoi.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room facing out on to the street!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren A
Reviewed February 1, 2012

This place is located in the bustling streets of Hanoi's old town. Staff was friendly although they really wanted me to sell their own Halong Bay tour but I guess that's the same in most Hanoi hotels. The room was spacious, clean and well equipped. It even had a balcony but sadly it wasn't possible to open the door. Breakfast (omelette, bread and coffee) was included in the price ($ 18 for double room).

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room to the backyard because front rooms can be noisy beacause...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jonnyfootballhero
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I stayed 3 days at the Hanoi Blue Sky Hotel, it was clean, and nice big rooms, good staff too. Paid $18 a night with breakfast for a double. The location was pretty central, but the horrendous Hanoi street noise kept me up til 1am and woke me up at 6am everyday. No real sleep! However, I think this may be a problem for any guesthouse in Hanoi! I'd recommend it, but ask for a room at the back for sure!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Apparently this is a very nice hotel but I never got to find out as the day before I arrived in Hanoi they sent me an email to say they were closed for renovation (not sure if this was true or not) and directed me to a completely different hotel - The Prince Hotel on Hang Cot - nearby. This is despite the fact that I made my reservation months in advance. Upon arrival we found the Prince Hotel was closed but there was a zombie napping on the sofa in the lobby who sleepwalked us up to our room with hardly a word or smile. Our room smelled very damp and musty. The fan was broken, some of the lights didn't work, the floor was dusty. Worst of all is that the bin had not been emptied since the previous guest and it was full of what looked like yoghurt with mould all over it. There were big cockroaches too. I thought it was very wrong of them to charge the same price as the Blue Sky when it was obviously not of the same standard. When I wrote to Blue Sky they replied - several days too late - that if I wasn't happy with my room I should come to Golden Time Hostel. My question is: Why didn't they just give me a room there in the first place instead of trying to fob me off with the poor substitute that is the Prince Hotel?

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Grace1986
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Their original name was "Blue sky hotel", nowadays is "Golden Time Hostel" at 43 Ly Thai To in HaNoi.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple