“1 night was more than enough”

Hanoi Asia Star Hotel
Ranked #179 of 647 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 28, 2014

If you're looking for somewhere to stay in Hanoi, keep searching. One night is this Hotel was more than enough. The staff were not helpful at all. Not particularly friendly and not all that interested in helping. The Hotel is below average, the breakfast was terrible. On asking simple questions, staff had no idea. I'm so glad the stay was no longer than 1 night.

Room Tip: Sorry, no swimming pool - you can't unclick, no fitness centre. A very, very basic Hotel. Tiny...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jane W

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Yes I got this room at a great rate but from reading the other reviews I was expecting something completely different to what I got.

The hotel is in a great location but that is where the positives end. The hotel is in a very narrow building, typical of Vietnam really, so there are only 2 rooms per floor. We experienced 2 rooms. The first was one at the back of the building with a small window that opened to nowhere. The room was damp and the bathroom needed a good doing over with some 'exit mould.' I could see that there were rooms at the front of the building that had a balcony so I asked for an upgrade (which I paid for). We couldn't move to the next room until the following day so we stayed in the first room. When we moved to the 'upgraded' room it was worse. There was mould all over the ceiling, the bathroom was more of a wetroom so all of the wood in there was rotting beyond repair and the balcony was unusable. We could barely open the door as it was used to store the air con units and the streets electricity supply (a mountain load of cables) took up the rest.

After about an hour we decided to leave and found another hotel. I suppose it really depends what kind of a traveller you are. I'm sure many a backpacker would think this luxury, but it wasn't really our cup of tea...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights. The room is clean and cosy, perfect place to have a rest from the hustle bustle of Hanoi. The staffs are friendly and very helpful. Perfect location to stroll along the Old Quarter

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank angginta a
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Nice breakfast, nice room, nice, helpful staff. Brilliant location. The rooms were very clean and having a balcony was brilliant. Very quiet here which is lovely to unwind from the insane lanes of Hanoi!!
I would defiantly stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Buddhababe777
HanoiAsiaStarhotel, Chủ sở hữu at Hanoi Asia Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2014

:Reply From Mr.Kevin Hoang - Customer Care

Dear my Gests,
Thank you for choosing Hanoi Asia Star Hotel for your vacation in Hanoi, Vietnam.
we are always eager to hear what you liked and your recommendation is very helpful for our next guests , otherwise we know how to improve our sevices.
Thanks again, and we hope you and your friends will choosing Hanoi Asia Star Hotel the next time you are in Hanoi.
Yours sincerely,
Mr. Kevin Hoang Customer Care Executive

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I've read through all the reviews in trip advisor and all the reviews seem to be like very good. I've booked this hotel through agoda.com and the price is very cheap for 3 days stay. but unfortunately, I really disappointed for the room and the room totally unlikely what are those photos posted and i was feel like cheated by the photos. the room is just lack of maintain. at first when i checked in, the receptionist seems likes given me the wrong room. hence i have go down and ask for the receptionist does he provided me the right room. because the room is just small and more likely a single room although it is a double bed. end up i still manage to changed to a bigger room but the room still looks old for me. I'm not sure whether is that I booked the room with cheap price and they provided me an old room.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gerrard O
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

3 days in honoi, old quarter
Asia star hotel was a great place for easy going travellers. Very helpful staffs and reasonable price for the room. Bathroom was ok. The room was quite humid during rainy days but not too bad. I had a good sleep during the night ;)

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is good, well located and the rooms are clean.
The staff is very friendly but be aware that they will try to sell you trips to halong and sapa straight away...their prices are not that good as with an agency - one is located just around a corner...

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends