Hanoi Asia Star Hotel
$54
$311
$243
  • Pool
Hanoi La Selva Hotel(Hanoi)
$37
$67
$62
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat price and locationold quarterhalong baybooked this hotelincluded breakfastbia hoihot watershort walk to the lakestaff were so helpfulgood sizerooms are cleanstayed one nightbooking toursstreet foodphoheartvn
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel through the Tourism office at the airport, as 2 of 3 hotels I contacted did not bother to respond. Upon arrival at the airport, I learned that the hotels I contacted were full, as were a number of other places. The tourism agent after about 10 calls found me this place. I had requested a room with a window and was offered a room on the top floor. Make sure to stay away from the 9th floor rooms! To my delight, I found smelly mould on the walls, the shower doors were not fully closeable, the room needed some maintenance, the fridge was missing, and no safe could be found, despite the two latter aspects having been indicated to the contrary. The wireless network was also slow and access was intermittent. On a positive note, they moved me to a nice room the next day. However, the shower doors were still difficult to close and the breakfast in general could use a complete overhaul in that it is very plain and boring. Dining staff also seemed somewhat preoccupied even though I was the only one there. Further, I found ants in the sugar bowl.

The front desk were, nonetheless, somewhat friendly and helpful. However, when I indicated that I was unable to access the safe, I was informed, that this was likely due to the use of the last guest, and that external assistance to reset the safe code, which he was unwilling to do. As such, I think that there are probably better places to stay for a similar if not lesser price. If you do decide to stay here, avoid the 9th floor room and make sure that you are paying a reasonable price!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank xcskierottawa
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We booked one night via booking in this hotel in the heart of the Hold Quarter and then we stayed fro 2 more nights, before and after our short trip to Ha Long bay, which we booked through the reception. Everything was great, from the location to the room, and the whole staff was the kindest we met during our journey in Vietnam. They suggested us good tours (we particularly liked the one-day excursion to Hoa Lu and Tam Coc, that they suggested instead of the Perfume Pagoda) and restaurants, keep our luggage safely during our excursions and were always attentive and interested in our satisfaction with everything in the hotel. The room was nice, comfortable and big, with the largest and most comfortable mattress ever :)
I would definetly recommed Asia Star to everyone whishing to visit the city and stay in the Old Quarter.

Room Tip: we had a room on the 7th floor, and we didn't ear any noise from the busy street
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank squadrilla
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We really liked the hotel for the first time so after a trip to Sapa, then there was no question that we return to the same hotel in hanoi. We liked the hotel very much - every day room cleaning, quick internet in the room, the camera system made us feel very safe - and we were really welcomed that we returned. The staff and manager lady are nice and helpful, even arranged us the hairdresser and the evening cinema.
Good location indeed, walking distance to the night market, Hoan Kiem lake and Water Puppet theater. Highly recommended if you would like to spend your evenings in the cosy and busy streets of the Old Quarter.
If we can, we will return again!

Room Tip: Close to the elevator, and from the 5th floor is quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emőke L
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed two nights in this hotel during my stay in Hanoi, but the hotel staff helped me plan my entire trip in the north of Vietnam. The staff is very friendly and accomodating, and carefully considers your needs and preferences. The rooms are very clean, have an air conditioner, cable-television, and above all, it is located in the heart of the Old Quarter. This hotel is a good starting point to explore Hanoi and its surroundings, and the hotel staff can very well help you with planning your sightseeing trips in Hanoi and to get your started in this city. They also offer a wide variety of trips to Hau Long Bay (which I really enjoyed), and can get you all sorted out with busses and trains to other parts of the country. I really appreciate their support and they gave me a warm welcome during my first days in this country. It is just a nice an quiet hotel, in a very lively and chaotic, historical neighbourhood.. Definetely recommended!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Stefan W
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My sister and I stayed here for 5 days.The staff were absolutely wonderful!! Hai,Thao and Ha were so accommodating, friendly and easy to talk too. They made our stay so much more enjoyable. They arranged our trip to Halong Bay and the tour exceeded our expectations. We would definately reccommend this hotel to anyone.
Cheers and a big thank you from Rhonda and Sharon from Australia.

Room Tip: We had a twin- Excellent size, TV, fridge and kettle facilities.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends