“Very friendly staff”

Hanoi Asia Star Hotel
Ranked #185 of 651 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed three times in two weeks in Asia Star in june 2012. The first time it was so good and they arranged tickets, taxi and a tour for us for a reassonable price that we decided to come back. We enjoyed also the second and third time in this hotel. The location is good and in the middle of the Old quarter. The rooms are clean, great service and a friendly staff!!

Corrie and Klaas from the Netherlands

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CorKla-66

Reviewed May 10, 2012

I had stayed in this hotel about 14days from end of Apr'12 to early of May'12. I like the hotel very much, the hotel is extremely clean and all the staffs provide their services with smile and always gave us the best such as called us everyday to ensure that we are satisfy with the trip they arranged to us; provide us a room to shower and keep our big luggage when we away to Sapa & Halongbay; pack our breakfast when we are in rush to airport during our last day at Hanoi.

I feel grad to stay in Asia Star Hotel, all their staff are helpful & listening. If i go back to Hanoi again, for sure, i will stay in Asia Star Hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AnnGoh
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I find that the rooms are clean and price is reasonable. The location is also very strategic in Old Quarter where you can walk around to the night market or even Hoan Kiem Lake. Food is easily available and you can have a beer in a pub nearby without having to take a taxi. The service provided by the staff is excellent and they are very attentive to our needs. The arrangement of tours (Hanoi City Tour, Halong Bay and Sapa) suits our requirements and budget. It has made my trip very memorable!! I would come back to this hotel if i have the chance to come back to Hanoi again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank andyloke
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I booked six nights at this hotel "last minute" through a reputable internet site as it had a very good reviews. When I checked in I was given a 7th floor room (there is a lift) with a big window and a great view. I was looking forward to a quiet, relaxing stay as I was not feeling well.

Unfortunately, they did not tell me they were doing major construction on the floor right above my room. The noise was teeth rattling. After the first night, in the late afternoon, I asked about it and they said the construction was completed. After the second night, the noise started again at 8am, and was unbelievably loud. I was offered another room, but decided this was not the place for me. I checked out later that day.

The room was spacious, but not very clean. The bathroom was bad. The toilet had a water leak and the shower was like a small closet. Breakfast was not very good and the servers put their fingers in the soup bowls when they placed them on the table.

The staff was friendly. I was given a partial refund when I checked out early (which I did not expect as I had prepaid for the entire stay), but I was asked to report to the booking company that I was a "no show." I cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Stayed 3 nights in this hotel during my first visit to Hanoi, good location indeed, walking distance to the attractions like Dong Xuan night market, Hoam Kein Lake and water puppet show. Highly recommended if you like to explore more in the Old Quarter. The staff and manager are nice and helpful, i am happy with their services.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anthony F
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I recently had my second at Hanoi Asia Star Hotel. It is perfecly situated in the old quarter of Hanoi. The romms are nice and clean, and the staff are very service minded and professional. I have used them to arrange trips around Vietnam, all to my highest satisfaction!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Torgeir L
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed five nights/two rooms. Staff was always attentive to our needs and very helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Air conditioner worked very well. Hot water was always available. When my wife considered getting her hair trimmed at a salon across the street, the young agent at the desk walked over with her to translate exactly how she wanted it cut. After hours, the night manager was very helpful in us being able to acquire local currency. Breakfast is served in a pleasant setting a flight below the lobby. While a limited breakfast menu is offered the food was good.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family