“great vietnamese food”

Madame Hien Restaurant
Ranked #72 of 2,412 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: With fresh air terrace surrounded by trees, Madame Hien is located in the Century villa inside the old town.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The food was really tasty, well priced and massive serves in a beautiful restaurant!
There was plenty of vegetarian choice as well

1  Thank pinky p

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Just plain text. See my title.
I didn't get the chance to taste the food despite I've made a reservation by my hotel. When I got there I was led to a table up inside the house and was left unattended for I don't how long until my wife cannot stand them anymore and asked the waitresses for orders. All of them DELIBERATELY avoid her by pretending busy or just walking by with their gaze fixed on the floor. We decided to go elsewhere.

4  Thank manheiw
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We went to the restaurant based on a strong recommendation from our hotel's concierge and Lonely Planet. It has a very nice outside patio. Practically all the customers were western. We ordered two set menus - the 36 Streets menu and the Madame Hien menu. Food was well presented, buy was not impressive, especially compared to other restaurants. Expected more for the price and reputation. Service was good.

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We had been recommended to this place and had read good reviews but were somewhat disappointed. The wine list was limited and expensive for what was on offer.

We did not have a booking when we walked in at 6:00 and were told 'outside only'. What we found interesting was that at least two other groups arriving after us (also saying they did not have bookings) where offered seats inside - normally this would not be a problem except it was quite cool.

We ordered a bottle of wine we normally pay $20 for which they were charging $60 for. Of the several dishes we tried, the best was the BBQ chicken skewers wrapped in lime leaves.

Surroundings were nice, the food was okay but the wine was definitely overpriced.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Nice historic building with all different kind of corners to sit in and outside.Original Vietnamese food served a little different. Not cheap.