“Great value and helpful staff!”

Hanoi Impressive Hotel
Ranked #43 of 600 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Impressive indeed! Despite being opposite the Cathedral we found the room very quiet and we slept well. Someone we met, who was in a hotel a few doors down, requested a room change because the Cathedral clock chimed every 15 minutes and they could not sleep! Staff were very helpful and were able to recommend good restaurants (try Madam Hien) and book trips etc. They stored our luggage when we went on the Halong Bay cruise and emailed to offer an airport pick up a couple of days before we were due to arrive. We took this option and were glad we did as it gave us piece of mind that we would not be scammed by some disreputable taxi companies who tote for business at the airport. Free unlimited internet via PC's in all rooms. We had 2 different room types and I think I would request a Cathedral facing room as this has a small balcony and was a tad quieter than the room we had at the rear. Breakfast options good and served until 10am. I would have no problem recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011

Reviewed January 22, 2011

Each room has a computer in it and the manager really went out of his way for us, much appreciated. Alos great location

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2011

We spent 7 nights at the hotel. I cannot complain for the amount of money we spent on the room. Really good location. We managed to walk almost everywhere and good places to eat on and around the street. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They exchanged our cash to VND at the bank's latest rate (we checked it together on the net), which was extremely handy. WIFI worked well for my laptop. The safety box can have my 13' laptop and worked well. One down side is the bathtub is small so you can't really have a bath (but there is a good shower anyway). The breakfast isn't the best in the world but there are many cafes for nice breakfast for 3$ around the hotel anyway.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 25, 2010

They offered a room for $35, I kept walking and suddenly the price dropped to $20.
At that price, the hotel is excellent value. Clean, quiet, nice beds, LCD screen TV & nice bathrooms. Room safe. It's even worth the full $35.

I went for breakfast the next day and was informed that breakfast was 400,000 dong ($20) extra at my room rate. I passed this up & got a much better breakfast around the corner for about $3.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 22, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and it´s a fantastic election if you are in Hanoi.It´s located very near of the lake and you have a lot of good restaurants and bars nearby.
The staff was really expectacular,everybody made me feel like home and they help me a lot everytime.I took a Halong Cruise tour and they kept my things during all the time I was outside the hotel and when I return to pick my things up,they offered me free breakfast and a room to have a shower and change my clothes without any charge!!They are marvellous!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 22, 2010

- stayed there 3 nights for 35$ in a double room
- hotel is perfectly located in a cute small street
- arrived early in the moring, room was prepared
- room as wished to the back, which is very quite
- offered trip to Ha Long bay, but not pushing at all
- decided to go for it two days later, got a good price and a nice trip with only 10 people on one boat
- after check-out left our luggage there till the afternoon, once back still got offered tea and possibility to take a shower

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed December 19, 2010

We were arriving on the train from Sapa before 5am so we booked the night before to insure we would have a room upon arrival. To make double sure we emailed the hotel of our arrival information and requested train station pick up (as offered on their site). They told us to take a taxi instead. When we arrived in the wee hours of the morning it turns out they had given our room away. The clerk at the front desk was very kind and understanding however his manager was not. We decided to leave and go to a hotel that could accommodate us immediately. The clerk phoned the manager who was less than apologetic about the situation.

Ultimately mistakes do occur occassionally but this was careless and handled badly. A better treatment by the manager may have soothed the situation even if it could not have been immediately corrected.

• Stayed: December 2010
2  Thank thattravelgirl76
impressivehotel, Manager at Hanoi Impressive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2011

Dear thattravelgirl76,

On behalf of Impressive Hotel, I would like to say a sincere apology and for any inconvenience that you had from our hotel. We hope you or anyone who read the comment would understand that situation.

As you may know that on that day we had a couple booked the room one night but they would like to stay longer because his wife was sick and did not feel well, so we did not want to move them away in this situation. So your reservation were arranged at a different hotel and our room was occupied unexpectedly.

We had acknowledged that we have no right to charge your money when your room was arranged at different hotel but you did not agreed while we already paid.

We promise that you will never be disappointed for a second time.

Thanks for understanding.