Hanoi Impressive Hotel
Agoda.com
$110
$106
  • Pool
Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel(Hanoi)(Great Value!)
$32
$253
$35
Trip.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsms diepau trieu streethalong bayquiet streetold quarterst joseph's cathedralhoan kiem lakechurch bellssmall balconywithin walking distancehome away from homerooms are cleansmall hotelthe breakfast areaside streetnorthern vietnamlocation is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I chose this hotel through the tripadvisor and I could confirm what I read here. Great location on a quiet street in less tourist area of Old Town, clearly the best area of the Old City and all Hanoi. The hotel is near the Hoan Kiem Lake, clearly the heart of Hanoi. It's beautiful stroll on the lake from 4am until 8am and see the Vietnamese do gymnastics or Tai Chi. The staff of this hotel was competent, friendly and helpful especially Vietnamese managers Antoine and Mike, who only use these names as nickname so they can be more easily identified by guests. Good breakfast. Good room and clean. I bought the tours with train, bus and transfers included to visit Bac Ha, Sapa, Perfume Pagoda, Halong bay and Cat Ba island here in this hotel which was an excellent choice. In Sapa, i did one medium trekking to idyllic Tavan village where I was sleeping in a family house. The path of boat until perfume pagoda is amazing. My Boat of Halong Bay (Royal Heritage) is very good. All these tours were excellent. In Cat Ba island i took another boat to visit the idyllic monkey island. So, was a great experience. I loved the old city of Hanoi. Vietnam and Vietnamese thank you for your competence, help, simplicity, intellect and friendship. I've been in this hotel in Nov 2012.
Jorge from Portugal

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank relio38
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

It will be my first time to travel to Hanoi and i really did not know what to expect, moreso where to stay. I sent an email to this hotel's reservations due to its reputation in tripadvisor to be a good hotel.

After an hour, i immediately got a reply to my query and a room was booked for me quickly. Impressive.

Upon arrival, we were welcomed by a courteous representative at 2am. He was on time and he had a smile on his face the entire time. He was not yapping in the car. He was just smoothly driving to bring us to the hotel safely. Impressive.

We were given room 603. Big room with balcony, clean and with WIFI.

This hotel is already impressive. What made it excellent was their staff. I realky like their sincerity and their ever willingness to help. Dont get me wrong, they were not giving out things for free. They just always help you the best way they can.

Locatiob is fantastic. Walking distance to almost anything you need while in Hanoi.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Over the past three years, I have stayed at various hotels in the Old Quarter, and I cannot say I was wholly satisfied with any of them, because I was bothered by rat infestation in one 'boutique hotel'. Then I discovered Impressive Hotel in June this year. I stayed in this hotel for 4 weeks and was impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel, the ample breakfast, the security and the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The hotel is just a 5 minutes walk to Hoan Kiem Lake. It is also smack in the middle of good European restaurants, one of which the Mediterraneo, is a superb Italian rataurant. For those who cannot take the strong flavor of Vietnamese coffee there is a little cafe a few shops away which specialises in excellent indigenious organic coffee. When I was there on one occasion, a chap from New York was packing 5 kgs of the medium brew into his haversack. Imagine that! It is also very near to major attractions and to Quan Ngon, a huge food court serving a wide variety of very tasty Vietnamese cuisine at very affordable prices. I was so happy with the hotel that I stayed there again in September and December this year for 1 week and 3 weeks respectively. During my stays there I noticed that there are a few long term quests, so it is advisable to book the room well in advance.
C.S.Lee, Singapore.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank paul_ly488
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel is a perfect place to stay. It's far enough from the bells of the cathedral.
The room was very clean and comfortable.
Walking distance from the lake and the old town. Service staff very friendly.
We were on the 5th floor, I think the higher the better from a street noise point of view. Having said that it’s a relatively quit street.
We stayed there December 4th and 5th 2012.
We highly recommend this place, good value for money in comparison to other places we have stayed in (in Hanoi).
Ed from Holland

Room Tip: Would go for the upper floors
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ed v
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We were nine friends in the hotel. The hotel is very clean and in a good location and the staff gave excellent service!
Staff very kind and courteous. The hotel manager called Mike, he bought affordable travel packages and got us everything we needed to Hanoi, got us all ground and flight services. Really enjoyed their company.
Next trip we will be back to the same hotel. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends