Hanoi Impressive Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
All reviewsms diepau trieu streethalong bayquiet streetold quarterst joseph's cathedralhoan kiem lakechurch bellssmall balconywithin walking distancehome away from homerooms are cleansmall hotelthe breakfast areaside streetnorthern vietnamlocation is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 21, 2011

The Impressive Hotel is...well.....impressive. Good value, very nice people, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I stayed three nights and got friendly with staffs there. Located along the narrow street running side of St Joseph Cathedral, the atmosphere there is very good.
On Sundays 4:30 a.m. bell rings from the Cathedral and awakes you but this is fun too.
I got just drinks at ‘ Le Petit Bruxelles’ which is almost just across the street from the hotel but maybe next time I’ll try dishes. From the 2nd floor terrace of the restaurant and also from rooms having (you have to book those rooms) terraces of the hotel, you can see busy people walking along the street.
The rooms are clean and have a lot of electric lamps. Japanese young ladies might love
coloring of the room and kawaii(childlike and charming in Japanese) red color alarm clock. As for breakfast, in addition to western styles you can order pho ga(chicken noodle) and pho bo(beef noodle) as well. I highly recommend this hotel but I should not have done it as I am afraid if I could get my room next time.

Room Tip: Street View room would be better.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Very nice and clean rooms. Good iluminated. Very quiet. Very well located. Very nice and kind staff!!
I TRULY RECOMEND THIS BOUTIQUE HOTEL. Very good value for the money.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ana E
Reviewed November 6, 2011

The Impressive Hotel was not so impressive when I arrived from the airport around noon. I was told that the room is not yet ready but they had booked a room for me across the street at St. Joseph’s which as it turned out is a little gem by itself. The next morning Antoine the manager picked me up and showed me to my room at Impressive. It is a small hotel with about 20 rooms in 2 adjacent narrow buildings on 7 floors. A great location not far from Lake Hoan Kiem, in the Old Quarters, and in view and earshot of St. Joseph Cathedral, easy to explore all sights on foot. Each room has TV with wide flat screen, a safe, and more important a PC with free internet access. The balcony of my room (803 and 703) was overlooking the narrow street, with a great view of the Cathedral. For breakfast the hotel serves freshly prepared fried eggs with mushrooms, bacon, ham, tomatoes, omelette, and soups upon request, cereals, fruits, bread, jam etc. I stayed for 10 days and was not disappointed except for the first day when I was bumped off. The staff is friendly, helpful, outgoing, in one word: wonderful, Antoine who is fluent in English and French, drove me with his motorbike to some ATMs, always there for advise, the very pregnant Mrs. Khanh knows everything whatever information one may require, Kunt Ly with her beautiful smile will arrange whatever can be arranged, the helpers carrying suitcases, getting tickets for tours or the water puppet show, etc., all of them are really impressive. Impressive Hotel arranges airport transfers at a lower rate than the taxi mafia, books tours and taxis on short notice, whatever I asked for I got it. This was my 3rd stay in Hanoi but this time I thoroughly enjoyed every day thanks to the staff and location of Impressive Hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid room 803 during rainy season, there is a leakage in the roof.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank kilovolt500
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Stayed 2 nights in the hotel and loved it, great location in the heart of the old quater in hanoi. We found everything and easy walk away and if not the hotel staff where more than happy to help out. Some great restraunts nearby as well and you really feel involved in the city in this area. We had a balcony room overlooking the church and got a pick up from the hotel at the airport which was worth it! Overall very spacious rooms and clean to and for the price you pay a real bargain.

• Stayed: October 2011