“Good location, friendly staff”

Hanoi Rendezvous Hotel
Ranked #65 of 607 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed October 8, 2012

When i came to this hotel, room is nice quite big for us, the staff is very young and friendly to us. Location of this hotel is strategic no worries about food so many restaurant next door from the hotel, just walk five minutes we reach the lake with so many shop and restaurant , bathroom quite good but hot water is no stable sometimes too hot sometimes cold, speed internet in the room is very good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,206)

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was the only hotel that we (a British couple, both 25 years old) booked before arriving in Vietnam. We had a double room for 2 nights, an airport taxi pickup a 1-night tour to Halong bay organised through them. They also booked us a night train and a taxi.

Our plane from Paris was 3 hours late but there was still a friendly taxi driver there waiting for us - which was a huge relief after the long flight. We arrived at about 9h in the morning and we were in our room about 30 mins later despite the early arrival.

Our room was spotlessly clean, had a wonderful shower, flat-screen TV and air-con. The bed was comfy, the breakfasts were good, and the hotel provides free internet which is always useful.

The hotel is a travel agency so can can sort you out with pretty much whatever you want. We went on a 2-day, 1-night tour to Halong bay that was one of our best experiences in Vietnam. It was affordable and the food on board was amazing.

What impressed us most though was how wonderful the staff were. They honestly seemed interested in our trip and our plans and did their best to advise us. The street food around the hotel is absolutely delicious and both places that we were advised to go were fantastic (and incredibly cheap!). They let us have a shower just before our night train - 8 hours after we'd checked out - and they never once gave us the impression that we were being a pain even though I'm sure we were.

We both adored Hanoi and I'm sure that this was in no small part because of them. So thank you to everyone at the hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Excellent price, service second to none, although be warned dorms on 6th floor-no lift! Free breakfast is awesome huge variety. All staff are extremely helpful & knowledgable. Best beds around . Would highly recommend to all!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This hotel and staff, to put it simply, are fantastic! I arrived on 18th August 2012 and the lovely receptionist told me that my allotted room was on the top floor. She then went onto say that there was a better room on the second floor and if I would be willing to wait for 15 minutes I could have that room. She then showed me the room which I thought had already been cleaned and it looked superb. The receptionist told me that it needed cleaning and that if I wanted the room I could wait in the restaurant area. This I did and a complimentary coffee was given to me. 15 minutes late I was in a nice clean room.
The staff then organised a trip to Halong Bay for me which was superb.
On the 20th August, my birthday, the staff actually sang happy birthday to me!!
I wanted to fly to Phonm Penh and I tried to find a reasonable price on the internet and Vietnam Airlines in particular. But I couldn't find anything under $320. I spoke to one of the girls on reception and on a phone call she got me the trip for $258 on Vietnam Air, a big saving.
My booking at the hotel included breakfast. But the breakfast wasn't 'any old breakfast'. It was from the main menu and was excellent.
This hotel was incredible value. It is clean with good facilities. The staff are fantastic and friendly.
I intend to return to Hanoi in the next 18 months and there is only one hotel I will head for and it is the Rendezvous! Brilliant Hotel, brilliant staff.

Room Tip: Try an get a low level floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Arrived at rendezvous 3 hours before scheduled check in, with no luggage as had been left on the way from Dublin

Staff found me an available room ( a triple when I originally booked a single, was delighted to have a shower and nap.

Hotel perfectly clean, good breakfast choices. Inthe old town and close to all major sights.

Also booked tour to halong bay with them. Good info and tour.

All in all highly recommended

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank timconnolly23
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Staff were fantastic when we needed to cancel nights that were already paid for due to typhoon. They helped with phone calls to airlines, airport transfers etc.
Hotel is in a fantastic location, close to everything you need.
Rooms were ok, not super clean but nothing to put you off. Sheets were concerning as seemed to be stained and dirty looking but smelled clean, there was no mattress protector.
Included breakfast wasn't great so we ate elsewhere.
There is no lift so be prepared for a hike to rooms on the top floors. We had a room in the middle of the hotel which was nice and quiet.
Hotel has happy hour with free beer and rice paper rolls. A lovely treat after a long day in the heat. I would recommend this hotel, good value for money.

Room Tip: get a room in the middle, rooms at the front will be noisy
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We had an excellent experience at the hotel - very friendly staff, who went out of their way to help with tour bookings, train tickets and advice; large clean room with first class ensuite shower; nice breakfasts; free wifi which actually works well and fast throughout the hotel; and a great location in the Old Quarter. Thanks to the team for making us so welcome!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back if you want quiet; at the front if you want windows (and balcony) onto th...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple