“Highly recommended hotel”
Review of Lucky 2 Hotel

Lucky 2 Hotel
Ranked #105 of 651 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Our room at the Lucky 2 Hotel was very reasonably priced, clean and spacious with hot water, good shower, balcony, refrigerator, great location, and wifi service The breakfasts, included with the room, were quite satisfying, especially my required morning coffee.
The staff are friendly, smiley, and extremely helpful and speak English. They advised us and looked after us to make sure we were comfortable and our visit to Hanoi was safe. We were pleased and relieved to return to the hotel after touring Vietnam and before heading home. We knew we were in good hands and it felt like returning home. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We made a trip around Vietnam. We started in Hanoi and finished in Hanoi, and we never doubted to go back to Lucky 2 when we returned. The hotel is situated close to the center, just a few minutes walk, and to Lake Kiem. The room was big and very comfortable with two big beds. The bathroom was spacious and very clean. The staff spoke very good English and was very helpful. You could have almost everything for breakfast. We really can recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Barbro A
Reviewed April 28, 2014

It was 3rd day in Vietnam when we appeared in Hanoi. Weather was so so.. as for Hanoi, you know. So it was cloudy, a little bit rainy. For sure it was not a weather for doing the sight seeing. We took the bus from the airport to the city centre. After an hour of our trip we finnaly came to the Hanoi's old town.
There was nothing else to than searching for some good place to stay.
We were asking about the price, looking at the room standard.. and I have to be honest, Lucky Star II was the best relation price to standard level, and I have to add I am not a couch surfer.

So now the question. Why it was not the time I will miss from Hanoi? In the evening I have eaten something bad. The food was so bad that after two days spent in the hotel (by the way all the stuff was really friendly and solicitous) I had to go to the hospital. Everything went ok at the end but..
Only thanks to the hotel stuff this stay was not a dissaster. :)

PS.
sorry for my English, but I hope you get it :)

Room Tip: the one on the last floor with the view at the old town
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Great location in hanoi. Restaurants and shops right outside the front door. Friendly and helpful staff. English speaking. Free breakfast. I returned three times during my stay in Vietnam. They had wifi and laundry service. In my experience, the people can make or break a place. All the staff in the lucky hotels were pleasant, funny, charming, enthusiastic and helpful. They made for a very inviting trip. Also, the beds in Vietnam tend to be very firm, lucky hotel included.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank lilshannons
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed four nights in this hotel. It was a business trip. Booked by our agent from HCMC (Saigon). The room is spacious, clean, with WI-FI. I recommend the rooms with window. The staff is very welcoming and gives you honest valuable advices, also on restaurants. Really great. At breakfast there is crusty baguette, fruit etc. The hotel is very well located in the centre, near the lake, surrounded by souvenir shops and restaurants. It is suitable for a business trip and for tourism. I will book again this hotel.

Room Tip: Room with window
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrechulo
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I have travel a lot to Hanoi for business purpose and I always stay at this comfortable hotel. With friendly staff and cheerful of owner, clean and sufficient facilities...makes me enjoy my trip. The strategic location make any guess satisfy to reach food, shopping areas, bank, supermarket and even enjoy nice view of Hoan Kiem Lake nearby to this hotel. I also always recommend to my colleagues once they have business trip to Hanoi as well as for leisure.

Room Tip: Rooms which facing to the road with wider room...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I was actually booked into the Lucky 3 Hotel. However when I arrived I was told "problem with room". I had booked the suite. I was then taken to Lucky 2 Hotel a block or so away. Once there I voiced my displeasure at being moved from one hotel to another. The room I got at Lucky 2 was a good room - VIP Room, which had a small balcony and was all in all a very comfortable room (but smaller that the suite I booked at Lucky 3). But the difference is the: staff at Lucky 2 did EVERYTHING possible to accommodate me and make me happy. I received emails and calls from the Luck Chain sales manager, the front desk staff brought fruit to our room and on our way back from Halong Bay they offered us a free room to shower and rest for a couple of hours waiting for te night train to Sapa.

Finally I have to mention the wonderful breakfast at Lucky 2 Hotel. My wife loved it and so did I. We were offered a menu with 7 or 8 items and you choose what you want and it is cooked to order. Very good food.

All in all Lucky 2 was a very pleasant stay in a good location in the old city and with a staff that bent over backwards to please us. I can recommend this hotel to others!

Room Tip: Ask for VIP Rooms with balcony and city view. Beds were soft and comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple