“Botique Hotel in the heart of the Old Quarter”
Review of Silk Path Hotel

Silk Path Hotel
Ranked #59 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi
Chicago, Illinois
“Botique Hotel in the heart of the Old Quarter”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My Husband and I spend 4 nights at the Silk Path. We were upgraded to the suite and it was beautiful. The rooms are very modern , yet small. The staff speaks great english and are very friendly. Our breakfast was included and was great. Vietnamese and English breakfast were offered every morning with excellent coffee. The location is great; lots of great restaurants/ shops around the hotel. Our room faced the street and the traffic did not bother us as others stated, but we do live in downtown Chicago and are used to the noise. I would highly suggest this hotel and would certanly consider staying here again on my my next visit!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dbain113
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for your comments! I was glad to hear that you had a good stay with us at Silk Path Hotel on your recent trip to Hanoi! I was also glad to hear that you enjoyed the rooms, food, service and location! I also hope that during your stay you tried the cafe nâu đá or Vietnamese coffee. I must say that our staff can make some of the best!

Thanks again for your comments and we hope to be able to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi.

Silk Path Hotel Hanoi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Silk Path is a stylish boutique in the Old Quarter. The rooms are small but sleek, pristine and comfortable, and the breakfast is buffet with something to please everyone. Service is excellent. The restaurant serves good Vietnamese and Continental food. Best of all the Old Quarter sights are all walking distance. Great boutique choice for Hanoi

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I was glad to hear that you had a good stay with us during your recent trip to Hanoi and that you enjoyed our location, service and food.

I have passed along your comments to our management to congratulate the staff on their hard work and to encourage them to continue to improve our standards.

Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi!

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My first visit to Hanoi and it was far too short a stay in such an exciting bustling city (the traffic factor is over hyped and getting around on foot and crossing roads is not the drama that its made out to be) Silk Path is well located and most old quarter attractions are an easy 10 - 15 min walk. Rooms are comfortable and bathrooms clean and compact, plenty of space for you not feel cramped and if your like us you will probably only sleep here....lots to see and do. Hotel breakfast is good, food is fresh and service fine., however being Hanoi you have to try Pho from a local restaurant for breakfast at least once! If your tired of walking a taxi from the hotel to Hoan Kiem lake will cost you all of $1 (20,000 dong) Would certanly consider staying here again on my my next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I was so glad that you enjoyed your recent trip to Hanoi with us at Silk Path Hotel. Hanoi is indeed a exciting place and Silk Path Hotel is located in the center of the Old Quarter within a 2km radius of most tourist attractions.

Also you mentioned the pho. It is delicious outside the hotel but it can make people sick. I suggest checking with the concierge before eating outside, just to be safe.

Thanks again for your comments! We look forward to welcoming you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed for 1 night, staff seemed bored & uninterested, hotel didn't seem to have any character just felt like your typical sterile hotel. Breakfast was ok but not worth $14 US a head. I will not stay here again

• Stayed September 2013
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I was sorry to learn that you had a disappointing stay with us and that you felt that our associates were bored or uninterested and that our hotel lacked character. I found it surprising because normally our associates are very happy and interested in the tales and helping each guest. I have brought up your comments with our management team and we will discuss and review these to help make Silk Path Hotel one of the best in Hanoi.

Thank you once again for your comments. I hope we will be able to welcome you back, in the future, so that we can show you the caring and cultural values of our associates here at Silk Path Hotel Hanoi.

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed at Silk Path Hotel for business in September. This is my second time staying at this hotel. The most appealing feature of this hotel is the size of the hotel. While it is not a big hotel like some of the other hotels with similar rates, it is big enough and has all the amenities you need. The room comes with a free WIFI service. The wifi code is one code used throughout the hotel (same as lobby) so one may experience a poor signal in some rooms. For example, my colleague who stayed in another room had poor WIFI signal problems. I stayed on the fourth floor and had no problems with the internet connection. In addition, you can connect multiple devices without having to log out of one device.
The breakfast buffet is superb, with selection ranging from western dishes to Vietnamese. I had breakfast early (opens at 6:30am) and had no problem getting seated but since the breakfast area is not that big, one may experience waiting if having breakfast at a later hour. The fitness room located on the 10th floor is very small, with a very small steam room.
In summary, Silk Path Hotel is a great option for a reasonable rate with great service and great location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jae L
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I was glad to learn that you had a good stay with us at Silk Path Hotel on your recent trip to Hanoi. I was also glad to learn that you enjoyed the free WiFi available throughout the hotel although I was disappointed to hear that your colleague had a problem with it and I wish you had brought this to the attention of our associates so we could have tried to fix the problem.
I have passed your comments on to our Chef, he was pleased to hear them!

Thanks again for your comments! We hope to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel for the third visit to Hanoi.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. Great location close to the old quarter with tourist sites within walking distance. Nice rooms. We stayed in a premium execmwhich was a little larger. Rooms clean and well appointed.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ant6974
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I was glad to hear that you had a good stay with us at Silk Path Hotel on your recent trip to Hanoi and that you enjoyed your room and the hotel's location. The hotel is indeed very close to many of the main tourist sites in Hanoi. Most of those are in a 2km radius from the hotel!

Thanks again for your comments! We hope to be able to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi!

Burleigh Heads, Australia
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My family (my wife, her parents and our 3 and 5 year old) just stayed at the Silk Path Hotel, we have stayed at many hotels in the past of mixed quality, this hotel was of the highest standard. It is in excellent condition, very clean, quite, has very good service and very modern. I could not fault a thing. The food was very good and the staff are only too happy to help you.
As it was recommended to us by friends, I would highly recommend this hotel as well. Ps- it has excellent beds for the best night sleep.
Great stay, thank you silk path!

Room Tip: All rooms are very good