“Tall slender and chic.”
Review of Silk Path Hotel

Silk Path Hotel
Ranked #57 of 600 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Having just returned from five weeks touring Vietnam and Cambodia and staying in nine different 4 star and one 5 star hotels there has been a lot to compare. We stayed four nights in the 4 star Silk Path Hotel and found it very comfortable and up to date. It is a very located and within walking distance of many of the local sights. The staff were very helpful and our requests in spoken English were mostly understood. As we were accommodated in different rooms on each of our return visits the location differed. Many rooms look out onto a corridor, and as such there is no view and one cannot see what the weather is doing. If that is to be a problem request a front street view room, which is excellent and well insulated against the traffic noise - we had one for two nights. The fittings are top notch and the dining room is modern and swish. All in all we would stay here again anytime.

Room Tip: Request a street view room otherwise you may be looking out into a corridor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank neville g
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Silk Path Hotel Hanoi and that you found our rooms swishy and modern. I am disappointed to hear that not all of your request were understood, however our staff are receiving weekly English training sessions to be of better assistance to our guests, yet I was happy to hear that you found them helpful.

Thanks again for your comments, We hope to be able to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I love this hotel. It is only one year old and everything is new. The staff is top notch and the hotel is in the old city where you want to be. Hanoi is an interesting place. At first it seems like chaos but after one day it seems more like a symphony of many parts working together. I highly recommend the Silk Path Hotel.

Room Tip: You want a street view on an upper floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Patrick56062
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Silk Path Hotel in Hanoi! I was surprised to hear that you had thought our hotel to only be 1 year old when in actuality our hotel is 3 years old. Our staff has maintained our hotel to be in such pristine condition with the same dedication that they serve each and everyone of our guests.

Thanks again for your comments, I hope to be able to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This hotel was great. Friendly smiles to greet and meet you at the door. Rooms excellent. We went to a restaurant not far away.It was called "Quan Ngon and it is well worth a visit. The Restaurant in the Hotel was very good and there was a Market within walking distance. We would go to this Hotel again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joan M

Dear Valued Geust,

Thank you for your comments! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Silk Path Hotel, and enjoyed our Smile Service. Our staff are dedicated to making sure that each guest has the best stay we can provide. I'm happy to hear that we were able to achieve that goal for you during your stay.

I have passed your comments along to our staff and our Chef who was happy to hear that their hard work is being noticed.

Thanks again for your comments! We hope to be able to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi.

Geust Relations

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family and I recently visited Hanoi. We stayed in Silk Path Hotel along Hang Bong (?) road. The accomodations are good. Clean room, adequate room facilities, and quiet - despite its being on a busy road. Something expected from a 4 star hotel. The staff were also what you should expect, courteous, helpful, and knowledgeable about the city's attractions. Over all I would recommend the place.

Room Tip: Get a room with two separate beds. the room is bigger than one with one queen or king size bed
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rvbtan
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for your comments! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with on Hang Bong street at Silk Path Hotel Hanoi. I am also glad that you enjoyed your rooms and found our service to be satisfactory.

Thanks again for your comments and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Four of us traveled to Hanoi. My wife and I plus two young kids (5+ and 2+). The hotel is perfect for families with young kids. Rooms are big, clean, and comfortable. TV has various English language channels plus channels for the kids. Service was friendly and efficient. The breakfast spread, though simple, had very very good pho. Location is great - easy access to the Citadel area and the Old Quarter / Hoan Kiem lake. However the hotel has no swimming pool and or spa. I would have given it a 5 otherwise.

Room Tip: Make sure you specifically ask for a room with a view of the City. If not they will give you a room...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank amirsalleh

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I am so glad that you had a good stay with us at Silk Path Hotel Hanoi, and that you and your kids enjoyed the location, TV, service and breakfast. I have passed along you comments to our staff and they were pleased to hear that their efforts are being noticed.

Thanks again for your comments and I hope to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel for two nights and really enjoyed the time there. This was the first place I stayed in Vietnam and was a welcome relief after the time spent travelling from Australia. The staff were great and very welcoming, the service was great and anything I needed was available on request. The buffet breakfast was decent with a lot to choose from, not to sure about the other food as I ate out at other restaurants. The room was small but very nice with a luxury spotlessly clean bathroom. The room rates were very reasonable and so were all other costs including the mini bar and room service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Silk Path Hotel Hanoi and that you enjoyed our rooms, food and service. Our staff is dedicated to making sure that each guest receives the best service we can offer. I have passed your comments on to our staff and they were pleased to hear that their efforts were being noticed!

Thanks again for your comments! I hope to be able to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed at Silk Path Hotel for 4 nights in December. The staff were friendly but language can some times be a problem. The room was clean but was very small. We hardly had space to walk although I had upgraded to the Deluxe King. The hotel is in a busy part of town, and our room overlooked the main road. As such, it remained noisy throughout the day and into the night. This hotel is nicely located, just minutes away from the shopping area of Old Town and the lake. We had breakfast in the hotel and the food was not very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor, and hopefully it will be quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jay H

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I am sorry to hear that you had a few problems with us during your stay in December. Since your stay here we have been working hard to improve our staff and services. We have implemented training classes to improve our associates English communication skills and our Chef and his staff have been hard at work to create new items for variety and taste.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi to show you our progress and improvements.

Thanks again for your comments.