“Smooth as Silk”

Ranked #57 of 588 Hotels in Hanoi
Manila, Philippines
“Smooth as Silk”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family and I recently visited Hanoi. We stayed in Silk Path Hotel along Hang Bong (?) road. The accomodations are good. Clean room, adequate room facilities, and quiet - despite its being on a busy road. Something expected from a 4 star hotel. The staff were also what you should expect, courteous, helpful, and knowledgeable about the city's attractions. Over all I would recommend the place.

Room Tip: Get a room with two separate beds. the room is bigger than one with one queen or king size bed
1 Thank rvbtan
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for your comments! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with on Hang Bong street at Silk Path Hotel Hanoi. I am also glad that you enjoyed your rooms and found our service to be satisfactory.

Thanks again for your comments and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi.

Silk Path Hotel Hanoi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
kuala lumpur
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Four of us traveled to Hanoi. My wife and I plus two young kids (5+ and 2+). The hotel is perfect for families with young kids. Rooms are big, clean, and comfortable. TV has various English language channels plus channels for the kids. Service was friendly and efficient. The breakfast spread, though simple, had very very good pho. Location is great - easy access to the Citadel area and the Old Quarter / Hoan Kiem lake. However the hotel has no swimming pool and or spa. I would have given it a 5 otherwise.

Room Tip: Make sure you specifically ask for a room with a view of the City. If not they will give you a room...
2 Thank amirsalleh
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I am so glad that you had a good stay with us at Silk Path Hotel Hanoi, and that you and your kids enjoyed the location, TV, service and breakfast. I have passed along you comments to our staff and they were pleased to hear that their efforts are being noticed.

Thanks again for your comments and I hope to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel for two nights and really enjoyed the time there. This was the first place I stayed in Vietnam and was a welcome relief after the time spent travelling from Australia. The staff were great and very welcoming, the service was great and anything I needed was available on request. The buffet breakfast was decent with a lot to choose from, not to sure about the other food as I ate out at other restaurants. The room was small but very nice with a luxury spotlessly clean bathroom. The room rates were very reasonable and so were all other costs including the mini bar and room service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Silk Path Hotel Hanoi and that you enjoyed our rooms, food and service. Our staff is dedicated to making sure that each guest receives the best service we can offer. I have passed your comments on to our staff and they were pleased to hear that their efforts were being noticed!

Thanks again for your comments! I hope to be able to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed at Silk Path Hotel for 4 nights in December. The staff were friendly but language can some times be a problem. The room was clean but was very small. We hardly had space to walk although I had upgraded to the Deluxe King. The hotel is in a busy part of town, and our room overlooked the main road. As such, it remained noisy throughout the day and into the night. This hotel is nicely located, just minutes away from the shopping area of Old Town and the lake. We had breakfast in the hotel and the food was not very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor, and hopefully it will be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jay H
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I am sorry to hear that you had a few problems with us during your stay in December. Since your stay here we have been working hard to improve our staff and services. We have implemented training classes to improve our associates English communication skills and our Chef and his staff have been hard at work to create new items for variety and taste.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi to show you our progress and improvements.

Thanks again for your comments.

London
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Sorry for the late review but here it is.
Stayed for two nights. Staff very helpful and friendly.
Rooms were neat and clean and decent size.
We had a premium executive room booked.
Attached are the pictures for reference.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
uk
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed at the Silk Path for 3 nights at the beginning of May. We had a early flight into Hanoi and were allowed to check in early for no extra charge which was a Godsend after a long flight. The room ( 7th floor) was clean,light and quiet with a lovely bathroom with a marvelous shower ( something I am picky about )
The staff were all lovely and helpful, always had a smile for us.
The location is brilliant not too far from anything plenty to see and do nearby. The added bonus was the front terrace which was perfect for watching the world go by with a pre/after or both dinner drink ..and go by it does!
The breakfasts were good, lots of choice ..all in all a lovely hotel which I wouldn't hesitate to go back to.

Room Tip: We had 7th floor which was quiet at night
3 Thank LizzylobsUk
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Silk Path Hotel and that we were able to impress you with our shower and service. I am also glad that you found Silk Path Hotel to be a perfect base for your journey through Hanoi. Lastly I hope that as you enjoyed your time watching the hustle and bustle of Hanoi life that you also induldged in our Beer Bucket Combo, one of our Summer promotions.

Thanks again for your comments, I hope to be able to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi.

Bedale
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Slap bang in the middle of the mass moped moving throng, the noise, heat and chaos of Hanoi the Silk Path Hotel is a haven of marbled and golden salve to the overwhelming sights, sounds and survival in this fascinating, nerve jangling city.
The staff are friendly, polite and helpful. The rooms clean, offer complimentary toiletries, hairdryer, bathrobes, water etc....but sadly lacking any natural light due to facing a wall. However they are indeed peaceful with little noise from the throng outside or other residents.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I am so glad to hear that Silk Path Hotel was your haven in the chaos of Hanoi and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and staff. Each of our staff is dedicated to guest service for each of our guests.