“Staff were exceptional!”
Review of Silk Path Hotel

Silk Path Hotel
Ranked #57 of 600 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed May 13, 2013

For three days in a Deluxe room in this four-star hotel, this was our Hanoi base. Perfectly central, we found good shopping and restaurants within walking distance. Our room was on the seventh floor with a view. Friends were assigned to the tenth, and were restricted to a service elevator, or taking the stairs to the ninth! Elaborate buffet breakfasts were provided in the second floor restaurant.

We did miss a swimming pool. Of the fourteen four-star hotels in which we stayed in Indochina on our trip, all but two had pools, so welcome in the March heat and humidity.

Our one surprise was the price of bottled water in the room's mini-bar, about US$4, plus 10% VAT, and 5% service!

Staff seemed totally dedicated to their guests. They kindly stored our bags when making overnight trips to Sapa, and to Halong Bay. It seemed to be no trouble to serve an after-hours coffee, or a drink while waiting in the most attractive open-air lobby. A very late check-out was no problem!!

The entire operation had class, and made our stay such a pleasure!

Room Tip: Avoid the tenth floor!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Billitchyfeet

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Great quality, price , location and service. The staff are very caring, breakfast is excellent and you won't be dissatisfied. The hotel is only 1km from the old town and Ho Chi Minh residence. The Spa facilities on the top floor are good with a great view of Hanoi. A great way to end the day.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Showmetheargent
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I am so glad you had a wonderful stay with us at Silk Path Hotel and enjoyed our services, facilities, and staff. I am also glad you found Silk Path to be the perfect base for your exploration in Hanoi.

Thanks again for your comments and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi.

Sincerely

Reviewed May 11, 2013

This has become one of my favorite hotels. We had stayed there in 2012 and returned again this year. While the rooms are on the smaller side, they are very clean and modern. The bathroom has a really good sized tub to relax in. Love the sauna, steam bath a Jacuzzi area. Call ahead and the staff will have everything waiting at exactly the temperature you requested. The staff at this hotel represent the highest level of quality service and the leadership has recently hired a young lady whose major responsibility is meeting with guests and ensuring their satisfaction. The breakfast buffet is outstanding...croissant as light and crisp as those from Paris and a selection that is amazing. I would also recommend you try their pizza...it is truly great (and this is from a person born and raised in New York). The location is in the heart of Old Hanoi so the hotel is surrounded by interesting shops. I know there are more famous hotel in Hanoi, but I will continue to come back to this small boutique hotel for true enjoyment.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room to have good morning light.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rita0001
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I am so glad that you had a good stay with us on your last trip to Hanoi at Silk Path Hotel and that you found our staff to be of exceptional service. Our staff is dedicated to making each guest have the best stay that we can provide. I am not too recent an addition to the staff here at Silk Path Hotel but I am here for our guests. I might not always be seen around the hotel however the staff can always contact me, and I encourage them to for any questions, comments or concerns. I love to hear what our guests are saying about their stay with us!

Thanks again for your comments and continued support. I hope to be able to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great place to stay near everything you'll want to see. Nothing to fault the hotel about...except one thing I'll keep to the end. Room we got was an "internal" one i.e. no view outside, but to be frank who cares about the view from the room. You're in Hanoi, get your asss out the door and see the city, and dont worry about what it looks like from 200' up.

Depending on how you book, if you have the breakfast buffet included it covers everybody's needs, and sets you up well for the day. Very nice indeed.

Apart from that...anybody else booked the transfer from the airport, had to in securely provide your credit card details, only to find some form of abuse in the future? Sorry to say, but they ask for a credit card number to "reserve" the airport transfer. I gave them one....one I use about once every 6 months, and on my return, was hit up with attempted fraudulent charges. They are the only people that have had the number for a while. Management you need to fix this.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I am so glad that you had a great stay with us at Silk Path Hotel and found our location to be a perfect base for your trip to Hanoi. I am also glad that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet, I have passed your comments onto our Chef as well.

Now about your credit card. I understand that your bank had informed you of an attempted fraudulent charges. I am hoping that I understand this problem correctly but hope you will contact me with more details at mm@silkpathhotel.com

Now from my own experience with my US credit card, I had not notified the bank that I would be using my card in Vietnam, I was paying for something online, they saw that the request was from Asia and they block the transaction and informed me of the charge. I'm hoping this is similar to your situation that you had just forgotten to inform your bank that there might be a foreign charge. However like I said earlier I would like for you to contact me so that I may investigate this issue further to assure that it was not our staff and to rectify the issue if it was.

Thanks again for your comments and for bringing this to our attention, we hope to fix this issue and be able to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Previous reviewers had mentioned that one should request a high floor for a good view. That comment is a bit of an understatement! We were first offered a room on the 4th floor with no more than a shaft of light from several stories above, and our "view" was of a wall, six feet from our window. I refused to stay in that "closet," which afforded less light than John McCain's cell at the "Hanoi Hilton." The staff member said that no other rooms were available, so much to my sweetheart's chagrin, I said "Let's go." Magically, another room became available, for an additional $30 per night. From that point on, I was not a fan of the Silk Path Hotel. Overall, not a great stay.

Room Tip: Refuse a room on the lower floors!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I am sorry that you had an issue on with the rooms. I understand your frustration of staying in a room with out a view and also sorry to hear how our staff handled this issue. The staff in question has been reprimanded and we have scheduled a training to help our staff pass on necessary information in a polite and clear manner to avoid this issue in the future. Our staff had been trying to inform you that there had been no more rooms available in the category that you had originally booked.

Again I apologize for the unclear communication from our side and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will do our best to ensure that our staff has the necessary training to communicate clearly to be able to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip Hanoi.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed at the Silk Path Hotel for 2 nights, it was a good location in the French quarter. Lovely staff, great breakfast, although no pool but they did have a spa (we didn't get a chance to use it). We would stay here again, we booked through Asia Rooms which is good as you don't have to pay until you get to the hotel, so you can check out the room to make sure it's what you want.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 6th floor and had a nice view, i asked for a quite room and away from the elevat...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maria59066

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Silk Path Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you missed out on our Spa and Fitness center but can assure you that it will still be here for when you might return! It's a perfect way to relax after being out in the hustle of Hanoi.

Thanks again for your comments, we hope to be able to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi.

Silk Path Hotel

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I only stayed 1 night here, they upgraded my room where I had a street view. I think some rooms don' have a good view, and maybe smaller, not sure what that wold be like.

I did walk around the block, this seems to be a very typical traditional Hanoi neighborhood. There is no green space separating the hotel from the building next door. The hotel itself seems to have been recently remodeled. The room was very nicely decorated, with a clean, modern feel. I didn't have any meal in the hotel, so my interaction with the staff was limited, but everything I needed was taken care of.

The only problem I had was the shower did not drain very well. I had to turn it off after 5 minutes and wait for the water to drain so it would not over flow into the bath room.

All and all, I would stay here again if I ever return.

Room Tip: Ask for a street view room if possible.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Silk Path Hotel. Our hotel is 3 years old and, if you can believe it, we have not remodeled since our opening. Our staff have simply cared for our hotel with the same dedication that the serve our guests.

I have checked with our engineering on your shower issue and they are checking over the issue and possible solutions.

Thanks again for your comments, I hope to be able to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi.