“Don't be fooled by the nice pictures”

Hanoi Mike's Hotel II
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Hanoi Mike's Hotel II
Ranked #195 of 601 Hanoi B&B and Inns
“Don't be fooled by the nice pictures”
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We stayed at Mikes upon reference by a hostel rating website, where they scored excellent. After checking the pics on their website, we were convinced to book this place.

We stayed in two double rooms, both of which didn't hold what they promised. The rooms were huge, but the floor was dirty, the balcony totally uninviting and the bathroom spread all over with mold. On a long trip through South East Asia these were the bathrooms in the worst condition we have seen. Staying in these rooms was all in all no fun and staying long-term would probably pose a threat to human health. By the way, the internet PCs in the room weren't functioning just as the in room safety box was not usable.

That said, we must admit that the service level was (slightly) above average. Staff was friendly and helpful.

There are five options for breakfast. The least bad is the traditional noodle soup. Don't go for the bread with jam and butter.

The location is really great and the pricing is fair. I wouldn't speak of good value though, because of the devastating hygiene in the bathrooms (see above).

• Stayed February 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Thai first
Changsha, China
Reviewed December 23, 2010

Hanoi Mike’S hotel 2 was small.Location was fine.But our room was tiny one small wardrobe on drowers to put clother.Uncomfortable bed.and verry poor furnishings may be fairer discreption.

Hot water worked no good.Breakfast a was joke.Small coffee,not enough for all guest.

I would not stay here for free.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed July 14, 2010

The Hotel is really good. Service was great and everyone was really really helpful!
We had no idea where to book things and they were really helpful, always saying the truth! When we came back from the trip to Halong Bay they gave us a room to get clean and fix the lagguage before taking the night bus!
I stayed in the new part of the hotel, where the rooms where VERY clean, however the AC I thought need it more power. However I had a good night sleep.
Thanks for everything! Especially Lan Phuong (Sale Executive)!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed July 6, 2010

As students, my friends and I don't have much money to take a long trip at the end of the term. It took us much time to consider where to go, which hotel to stay and what to do during those days.
FInally your hotel was introduced to us by my mom's friend. And we found no regret to use your services. We appreciate the cleanliness and the services that you supported. We don't have to wait long to check in and your reception is so courteous and we felt really comfortable.
Our room is not a V.I.P one but we were still served carefully and found not much difference.
Hope you will do better in the future!

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Good professionals in a clean and modern hotel, with C/A, TV and other comforts. His excursions by the surroundings are organized well and to good prices.

Toronto
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Mike's hotel 2 is not only located in one of the best location in Old Quarter but it's also great value. Staff has been truly amazing, hospitable and friendly. We even go to Top of hotel to enjoy romantic time of us. I'm going to tell all my friends about this place and will definitely recommend it to everyone.
Special thanks to Tony for his tips and advices about bargain.

Reichenbach, Germany
Reviewed June 16, 2010

I've gone to Hanoi for my research in the hottest period in the year. The whether almost made me down and even my work was not smooth as expected. Fortunately, the hotel I stay (Hanoi Mike's Hotel II) made everything easier. The location is convenient for my shopping, walking, sight seeing. The hygene is good and I like the customer service there. During my time in Hanoi (6 days), I did not have any complaination about my accommodation.
I like the receptionist the best. She's cute and very helpful. Her name is Linh.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business