“perfect Steak !!!”

Hemispheres Steak & Seafood Grill
Ranked #266 of 2,257 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located across from the fountain courtyard, Hemispheres Steak & Seafood Grill offers a wonderful menu covering both the Northern and Southern hemispheres. Choose from Black Angus, US Prime Sirloin, Rib Eye, Rump and Tenderloin grilled to perfection, served with your choice of sides & sauces as well as our selection of the freshest salads and vegetables.Looking for the best steak in Hanoi - try our Wagyu selection!Prefer Seafood - no problem, Lobster, Oysters, Prawns, Fresh Fish, Clams and Crabs are all available for your dining pleasure, as well as an impressive array of wines by the glass & bottle from our "Wines of the World" selection.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“perfect Steak !!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

it's really hard to get a good quality steak in Hanoi, so a visit to Sheraton's Hemispheres steak restaurant is always very welcoming when you are in town.

It's not cheap but the food is fantastic & worth every cent.

They really know how to cook the steaks, it melted in my mouth. I had a angus rib eye and it was perfect juicy and tasty. The service was great & friendly atmosphere.

We'll return to this one on our next trip to Hanoi for sure.

• Visited March 2013
tsujip, Hotel Manager at Hemispheres Steak & Seafood Grill, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear “connoisseur205”,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Hemisphere’s steak and seafood grill. It’s great to read your comments about the steaks. To get good quality meat in Hanoi is quite expensive so we are not the cheapest in town, however I believe that we more than make up with this by the quality of the food. The Black Angus is from Australia and it is great to read that the chef managed to cook it perfectly.

We look forward to seeing you again at Hemisphere’s steak and seafood grill.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Hanoi, Vietnam
“awesome steaks”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was treated by friends to a great lunch at the Hemispheres steak restaurant. Service is immaculate and food is great. I have to say the starter of scallops was amazing, but the US Prime steak was by far the best I had ever enjoyed. Perfect. They offer fabulous sauces and delicious sides for their steaks.

As an additional plus, they have a very reasonable & extensive afternoon high tea buffet for just 10US$...

Could NOT have been happier!

• Visited March 2013
Dear “785traveller”,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hemisphere’s steak and seafood grill. We appreciate your comments and what nice friends you have for them to treat you to a steak. Thank you for your comments about the service, I believe it really does make the difference. It’s great to read that you enjoyed the meal.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for another steak.

London, United Kingdom
“Well worth a stakeout …”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The Sheraton Hanoi Hotel Hemisphere Steak & Seafood Grill

The friendly and highly proficient staff, fair prices and the eclectic menu are major draws to this fine restaurant. Since opening in late 2010, I’ve eaten in Hemispheres on many occasions and have always enjoyed the food, wine and ambience – a welcome addition to Hanoi’s dinning scene.

The design of the restaurant is very much to my liking; spotlessly clean, spacious, appealing décor, plenty of natural lighting and tables large enough to accommodate elbows, laptops, mobile phones, sunglasses and a newspaper or journal, in addition to the ultra modern crockery and cutlery (which, while visually pleasing is not always as functional as one would like). The focal point of the restaurant is the glass-fronted kitchen – a design feature which I find rather engaging not least because the chefs and their assistants always look as if they are enjoying their work - not always easy to do in a hot and animated environment.

Air conditioning in the restaurant is always carefully regulated to create a pleasing and relaxing ‘Goldilocks Zone’ - no unwelcome blasts of icy air à la Californian restaurants here! The restaurant also has a terrace, which overlooks a delightful garden.

The menu offers the discerning ‘foodie’ some real treats. The delicious spicy dip (the creation of Head Chef Mike Drew) served with a variety of fresh baked bread rolls sets the tone for what follows. For starters, try the Lobster and Japanese Sea Scallop Bisque (200,000 VND), which is excellent – lots of flavor or the Angus Beef Carpaccio (280,000 VND) – delicious. Leaving aside the Caesar Salad served in the restaurant in The Goring hotel, London, and some equally swanky restaurants in New York, Washington and Chicago, the Hemispheres’ Classic Caesar Salad (220,000 VND) is the best I’ve tasted and the portion is substantial.

Main courses include quality steaks, Black Angus Beef from Australia and US Prime Beef and Wagyu Beef Rib Eye and Filet, are all top-notch. The menu offers up a selection of sauces to go with the steaks; try the excellent Quoc Peppercorn sauce.

Other treats include, Greek Spiced Rosemary Lamb (700,000 VND) lobster from Nha Trang (600,000 VND), Piri Piri Chicken (500,000 VND) and Atlantic Salmon (500,000 VND)

I don’t often eat desserts when lunching/dining, so the crème brûlée aside (which was very good) I’m not in a position to comment or offer advice.

As well as being tasty, the food is always wonderfully presented.

The expertly chosen wine list is impressive – some excellent French wines which are not cheap – but then quality never is. There is also a selection of Chilean wines on offer – if you like that sort of thing. The moderately priced house wines are very good. Whilst I’m talking alcohol, it be would be nice if the restaurant stocked some quality whiskies – e.g. the stunning Hibiki 17 and 21 years and a couple of mid-priced Scottish Single Malts (the mouthwatering Balvenie 12 year old Double Wood would be high on my list). Just an idea. It’s worth noting that the hotel’s late night bar, Chime (located under Hemispheres), does stock the Yamazaki aged 12 years single malt, (which, according to Murray’s Whisky Bible 2013 is a ‘complex and satisfying malt’).

Lunchtime attracts local business people, hotel guests, wives of expats and offbeat semi-retired consultants. For dinner, expect to see middle-class South East Asian couples and small groups of Western, Russian and Asian businessmen and woman or consultants many of whom are hotel guests (the Sheraton is a popular venue for national and international conferences and seminars).

If you are planning to celebrate your birthday, a windfall or some other auspicious occasion, then the manager (the charming Ms Nga Dinh Thi) and her staff will be delighted to re-arrange the tables and seating to your preference, whilst the chef, waiters and waitresses will go out their way to ensure satisfaction is guaranteed.

The restaurant now serves a ‘High Tea Buffet’ (2.00 – 5.00 pm) and for around 200,000 VND (excellent value), you can choose from a selection of crêpes, canapés, salads, cakes, and fresh fruit and indulge in luxuries such as marshmallows dripping in chocolate. I love the dainty egg mayonnaise sandwiches. There is also a good selection of teas on offer. High tea at the Hemispheres is a lovely way to relax and I’m sure that if you invite your friends and/or business associates to join you, they’ll be impressed.

Last year, Hemispheres celebrated Malaysian cuisine for a week or so and this proved to be a very popular event. I lunched there on two occasions during this time and the Malaysian food was superb and outstanding value. I do hope the senior management team has plans to do something similar this year.

Paul Tsuji (the Hotel Manager), Chef Mike Drew, and the restaurant manager and her team and are doing a great job and Hemispheres is a delightful place to linger over lunch or dinner.

And, if you feel you have overindulged why not visit the Shearton’s excellent gym (the joining fee is very reasonable) and spend time burning off those excess calories. Or you could opt for something less strenuous and enjoy a spot of bathing in the hotel’s outdoor pool.

Enjoy!

geoff54

• Visited February 2013
Dear “geoff54”,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hemisphere’s steak and seafood grill. All I can say is WOW, what a review! Our executive chef Mike was chuffed about it as were the whole Hemisphere’s team. There really isn’t too much more we can say but we look forward to seeing you again.

New York City, New York
“Wow! What a surprise! Excellent in everyway.”
Reviewed April 13, 2011

For years I've been bored by hotel cuisine ... and after 10 days of vietnamese cuisine I was not expecting much when I went to hemisphere. What a wonderful surprise! After 10 days in Vietnam - I would claim this to be my best restaurant visit yet. The chef is brilliant and the waiter attentive. I finally felt like I was in a place, where they were having fun cooking for me ... and I was experience that wonderous delight of a mixture of flavors that blends perfectly on the palate. The new zealand mussel soup broth was unforgettable, as was the perfectly, tenderly done steak with chili (not hot) and lemongrass (not strong). The coconut creme brulee was delightful as well.

I actually joined tripadvisor (after years of using this site) - just to post about this restaurant because I was that amazed. Who knew that sometimes what you are looking for is right under your door.

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank nittykitty
Jonas H, Manager at Hemispheres Steak & Seafood Grill, responded to this review, April 15, 2016
Dear Nitty Kitty,
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself with us.
we look forward to welcoming you back.
Sincerely yours,