“Stunning”

Ranked #86 of 591 Hotels in Hanoi
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“Stunning”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Got a spacious room with stunning view of the lake. It was a double room, notably was the welcoming fruit tray with fruits (dragon fruit my favourite). Staff were very friendly. The breakfast offers both local and international varieties which I loved. The luncheon too offers great varieties. Beware, I was asked to deposit money ($100) upon my arrival, didn't expect that. I was asked if I had interest to join Starwood network, which I politely declined but to my surprise, I am receiving emails from the network. The gym is available downstairs. Saw much of Hanoi by taking taxis that park at the hotel and they are reasonably priced. I would love to go back.

Room Tip: Free WIFI available at the ground floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kbblandi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed July 26, 2014

As expected it was a Great hotel, easy checkins, Big Size Rooms, Good selection for breakfast.
Positives:
1. They has made arrangements to screen the Football world cup semi final matches at the odd hours
2. Knowledge concierges staff who had maps, magazines and verbal information for the tourists.
3. Kids loved to be at the swimming pool and variety of food at the breakfast counter.
4. Converting to local currency available and rates are good.

Things to Know:
1. It is a little far from the hustle ad bustle of the town, so if u came to explore hanoi on foot or use simple transport like cycles this is not the place to be.
2. The issues of internet been charged extra. I am not sure who travels these days and does not require net.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank WeweTu
tetsish, Manager at Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear "WeweTu",

Thank you for choosing to stay in the Sheraton Hanoi with your family. We are pleases to here that you had a comfortable stay with us. Our staff go that extra mile to assist guest as much as they can. The culinary team also ensures the buffet fare caters to all, local and international guest. Should your future travels bring you back to Hanoi, it will be our pleasure to welcome you to Sheraton Hanoi again.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I spend 3 nights here recently on a short business trip. The hotel is located next to West Lake (large urban lake in Hanoi). The hotel is good with attentive staff but the rooms are a little dated, the pool and tennis court need some cleaning and renovating.

The hotel is in a quiet area of Hanoi and situated on a good piece of land away from major roads.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank V H
Dear "V H",

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Hanoi during your business travels. We are pleased to hear you like the location of the hotel. The staff are always ready to assist the guest and give a memorable experience as well. We have noted down on your comments and will at ways to improve. Thank you for your feedback. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to Sheraton Hanoi.

Berkeley Vale
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Every single employee of Sheraton wanted me there... or that's how they all made me feel. Extremely helpful and courteous front of house, lovely fairly priced room and yummy breakfast. Every request including a pair of scissors! Was tended to by these beautiful people and pool is clean and private too.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Dean M
Dear "deanmanwaring001",

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Hanoi. We delighted to hear on the positive experience during your stay with us. Sheraton Hanoi is committed in providing top quality service to our guest. All our staff are trained and motivated in delivering such detailed service. We will warmly welcome you back to the Sheraton Hanoi on your next trip.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I was really in the mood for a western style breakfast this morning. I thought if I'm having one decent western breakfast while I'm in Hanoi lets make it the best money can buy.

I decided on the Sheraton Hotel as the building is very impressive. The staff were friendly and attentive and the customer service was at a level I would expect for a large US hotel. (v. Good)

On entering the reception area you are greeted by a wonderful air conditioned ambiance.
The doors were opened by to staff before I could even touch it - great welcome!

However - the Breakfast Buffet was extremely poor value at around $25.

The omelette was made fresh but hardly impressive. The bacon was cold and very fatty the sausages were cold. I mean come on for $25? this is outrageous. (the baked beans were hot and very nice)

So Hot Breakfast FAIL - i decided I would go Continental - the cheese selection was around 4/5 tiny pieces of pretty unimpressive cheese - there was ham and some other unidentified meat which I decided to give a miss. I selected two boiled eggs and two nice looking rolls and headed back to my table where my cup of tea was waiting - hang on a min - the tea is luke warm? luke warm tea in a $25 buffet?

I cut into the roll and - oh dear stale rubber role. - I cracked the egg - stone cold and rock hard.

I wonder if the general manager has ever taken breakfast in the restaurant? or if hes even been in a western breakfast buffet? Does he even care? it would appear he has more important things to do than make sure the food is at the standard of a $25 breakfast in Hanoi (you can get breakfast in many places locally for less than $5)

for $5-6 this would be ok but frankly this is a rip off. The General Manager needs to get this sorted out - AVOID.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
7 Thank markgy2k
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We arrived at the Sheraton very late after travelling from Sydney Australia .We had been travelling for over 15 hours .We were greeted with cold cloths and refreshing drinks .Cheak in was quick and easy and we we taken to our room. It's was very clean , large king bed with good air - conditioning . Bathroom was large with all the mode cons . It's nice and quiet has it's on the east lake side away from the hustle and bustle .Great breakfast with everything you could possible want and more .(Great cafe latte )Interesting ride into town with the free scuttle service .Man it's a eye opener with so many motor bikes on the road .Funny thing is they know what they are doing .Great customer service and nothing is ever a problem .Wonderful swimming pool to cool off in after shopping and slight seeing . Great hotel with fantastic prices .

Room Tip: Great customer service ,
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Woodsfamily169
tetsish, Manager at Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear "Woodsfamily169",

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Hanoi. We are delighted to hear you had a pleasant experience during your recent stay with us. The Sheraton Hanoi is committed to providing all our guest a warm and comforting stay. We also happy to read, you enjoyed your holiday hear in Hanoi. Should your future travels bring you back to Hanoi, we will be more than happy to warmly welcome you back to Sheraton Hanoi.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed with Sheraton Hanoi for four nights at beginning of July, 2014. As an intensive traveler (a SPG platinum member), I have met many SPG crews in the world. I was 100% convinced that Sheraton Hanoi was one of the best Starwood hotels I had stayed in term of hospitality offered.

Many thanks to the staffs whom I met during my stay: Mr. Vinh, Mr. Anh, Mr. Cong Nguyen, Ms Hang Bui, Ms. Giang, Ms. Linh Truong, and many more people who I did not have a chance to ask for their names. Their friendliness, warm heart, and smiles surely made my stay wonderful and pleasant. When you see someone's smile is from the bottom of their heart, you would recognize it. That was exactly the smile greeted me at Sheraton Hanoi.

I would like to thank a special person at Sheraton Hanoi, Mr. Vinh. He made my stay in Hanoi a wonderful experience. During his two days off, he used his own time to show me how and where to fish in Hanoi. Vinh woke up really early and rode on his motorcycle for 70Km (45miles) just to show me his favorite pond in Hanoi. At the end of trip, I tried to pay for his gasoline, but he insisted not to take it. Vinh told me that friends do not take money from each other. He surely is a great asset to Starwood group.

Sheraton Hanoi may not have the best facility among the Starwood group. However, its team made Sheraton Hanoi an outstanding hotel.

Yes, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank fishing s
Dear "fishing s",

Thank you for your loyalty with Starwood and Sheraton Hanoi. All of our staff are passionate in providing top quality service and always go the extra mile to exceed guest expectations. We strive to ensure all our guests have a good experience when they stay with us. Your recognition to the staff will further motivate them to excel in their service standards. We look forward to your next visit to Sheraton Hanoi and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back.