“Great hotel”

Ranked #84 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Lovely room overlooking the lake, friendly staff, breakfast catered for all nationalities, Buffet dinner was also excellent. Everything you could want when working away from home. Laundry facilities available and reasonably priced.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Panda4_11
tetsish, Manager at Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear "Panda4_11",

We are delighted to hear on your pleasant experience with the Sheraton Hanoi Hotel. All our staff strive to give our guest a warm and comforting stay.
We look forward towards your next visit back to Sheraton Hanoi

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 2, 2014

After the 2 Ambien, 20 hour plus travel time it takes to get to Hanoi from San Francisco, it was important for us to get a good night's sleep away from the vibrant hustle and bustle of the Old Quarter that is one of Hanoi's greatest pleasures. The Sheraton stands like a citadel in the north part of the city, on the edge of a small lake and in a quiet upscale neighborhood. The rooms are large and expansive by Hanoi standards, with plenty of luxe features like sumptuous bedding and bathroom areas. The Sheraton is the perfect place for a first, or last night in Hanoi, especially if you have accumulated any Starwood points along your travels. The staff are impeccable, and Monsieurs Thanh and Thang keep the front office humming along nicely. The breakfast spread is possibly one of the nicest in the world, stretching for what seems like a city block, starting with fresh tropical fruits and French pastries, through cheeses and meats, miso soup fixings, Vietnamese dishes, curries, a made-to-order omelet bar and even a first rate "pho bo" or "pho ga" for the truly intrepid morning appetite. Great restaurants and bars on property, a first-rate happy hour for Starwood members, great shops and on premise taxi service. Flat rate to and from airport about $18. US. Taxi to/from Old Quarter $4-5. US each way. We enjoyed a great meal a 5 minute walk "around the corner" at the acclaimed wine importer/restaurant Bluebird...and the Intercontinental Hotel next door also has a great "tropical" bar.

Those are just the facts. But that is not all. Here is the kind of place the Sheraton Hanoi Hotel is. My very first night in Ha Noi I left my iPhone in some anonymous taxicab I had hailed from shopping in the Old Quarter. I couldn't believe it, freaked out because it had a lot of data that I hated to erase remotely. I spoke with the Concierge on duty, Phuong Nguyen, and through his relentless perseverance and intelligence, managed to locate the cab through the security video feed. My iPhone was back in my hand before the whole trip to Vietnam came crashing down around me. First world problem, to be sure, but my gratitude and amazement that a taxi driver would return with my misplaced phone was profound. And my love for Vietnam began that very evening, thanks to Phuong Nguyen and every other staff member at the Sheraton Hanoi Hotel

Room Tip: Higher floors give a great panoramic view of Ha Noi. If you can get upgraded to a suite, do it. Yo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear "thebonegypsy",

Thank you for choosing to stay ion the Sheraton Hanoi Hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the serenity and surroundigs fo the hotel. Even more so you had a delightful experience with us. Our teams of experienced chefs are able to bring to you the various cuisine fare on the buffet to satisfy our guests. The same for our staffs whom are personalized and engage the guest to give them a warm and comforting feeling.

Should your future travels bring you back to Hanoi again, we will be delighted to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Hanoi hotel.

Singapore
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I'm a SPG member and was travelling for a business trip. Only checked in for 1 night, but disappointed by the service at the reception during check in. When given the room key, the room's lights were spoilt except for the bathroom. Had to go down to change room and after a long time, then I was given a replacement room.

Personally, i do not think that the location is convenient for a leisure traveller and I will definitely not choose this if i m back to Hanoi for personal vacation.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
tetsish, Manager at Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear "Kristie-wong"

We want to firstly sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience you encountered during your check in. We will make amends in order to prevent such recurrences from happening again. We also have scheduled shuttle bus services to bring/pick up our guests from various tourist spots to/from down town Hanoi. Please do not judge us on this occasion.
We look forward to your next visit back to Sheraton Hanoi so as to experience our true personalized and professional service.
Once again, we sincerely apologize.
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Hi,
I went to Hanoi and stay at Sheraton Hanoi Hotel on 20-22 Feb 2014.

First moment, I felt The Hotel look very old from outside. But once I step in, The staffs's very friendly and good service.
even the location is quite far but they have Free Shuttle bus to town.
Swimming pool is big and nice. Good Breakfast Station (I love thier Pho, vietnamese food corner, thier signature Croissant and Donut.)

Mr. Tran and Ms. Bui, Reservation and front desk team help me to solve the booking problem while I checking in which is my fault. so impressible.

If you ask me, why I enjoy with this Hotel.
my answer : Service from Staffs.

Wirat S.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear "BoxLoy",

Thank you for choosing to stay with the Sheraton Hanoi. We are delighted to hear you had a pleasant experience with us during your stay. All our staffs are passionate to provide our guests a warm and comforting feeling. In addition, we are happy that you enjoyed our breakfast fare and the hotel services.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed February 26, 2014

a pleasurable experience during my stay in December 2013 and February 2104. Nice fitness center that is available 24/7. Rooms are comfortable and food is good. The staff are excellent. Particularly Thuy Nguyen at the front desk. She is pleasant, very willing to assist, and efficient!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear "kcaldwell91",

Thank you for choosing to stay with the Sheraton Hanoi on both your visits. All our staff strives to give our guests a warm and comforting feeling. We look forward to your next visit to our property.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I'm a SPG gold member currently staying at the Sheraton Hanoi by redeeming my SPG points. Although my stay here is free, I have however, canceled the rest of my stay here, and would rather pay for a stay at a hotel that would live up to the 5 star designation. The location of the hotel is not convenient to any tourist attractions or business areas. If a guest choose to stay at the hotel to take advantage of the quiet surrounding, I'm sorry to report that you would be disappointed to find out that the hotel offers poor amenities to make your stay enjoyable. My room on the executive floor is dated. The executive lounge is the worst I've been to at any SPG properties. If you're on a business trip and would like to grab a cup of coffee to go before you head out to the office, you would be told that the lounge does not offer to go cups. Therefore, you must finish your coffee at the premise. In addition, the selection of snacks offered at the lounge during the day consist a selection of one. Cold soft drinks are offered from a bucket of ice cubes, which depends on the time of the day that you are visiting, may have already turned into a bucket of water that everybody dips their hands into. Considering that it's flu season right now, I decided to forego my drink so as not risk any chance of contracting flu germs from the water bath. The lounge does not offer any alcoholic beverages during the day.

In addition, business travelers be aware that the hotel is a preferred property for some major travel groups from mainland China.

The only bright spots during the stay is the staff at the front desk. They have been very nice and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
tetsish, General Manager at Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Veronica L.

I want to firstly apologize for the unpleasant experience during your stay. Thank you for your valuable feedback as they are important to us. We take all feedback seriously and will look into ways on how we can improve our services and amenities. Please do not judge us on this occasion. Should your future travels bring you back to Hanoi, we look like you to experience our hotel again

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Its an excellent business / pleasure hotel with modern facilities. I guess one of the best hotels in Hanoi. We had gone on a business visit and the hotel could accommodate around 200 of us apart from hosting other groups. The food is a mix of global and local. It is not too far from the market area. They have a shuttle going to and fro to the main destinations in the city of Hanoi.

For vegetarian Indians, they have options too which is appreciated by our Indian guests.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ranjit9
tetsish, Manager at Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear "ranjit9",

Thank you for your comments, We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. Here at Sheraton Hanoi, we give our guests a warm and comforting feeling. We look forward to your next visit to Hanoi and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Sheraton Hanoi again.